Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2013, 10:49 AM

1,892 posts, read 3,083,992 times

Advertisements

Every American is not covered when the government exempts itself. Congress persons would never submit themselves to this bill, why should anyone?

No president has ever had full cooperation with congress, state and local governments. Effective presidents have learned how to negotiate. This president has had an ineffective presidency simply because he is too proud or biased to actually interact with those he wishes to rule.

He went into office facing an economic disaster; and yet he spent more than a year focused on a health care reform that is supported by a questionable number of people. If he had actually done something meaningful and fruitful with the economy in the first two years he would probably find a lot more trust now.

His economic inaction caused more people to lose their health care (and jobs).

raj

Old 10-02-2013, 10:53 AM

2,450 posts, read 5,599,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HB2HSV View Post
We want the BEST for our country. We are intelligent, educated, PATRIOTTC AMERICANS who will defendthis country as we do it every day. But we are not sheeps that just say "yeeeessss" to what the administration says (outside of our regular jobs).
Doesn't matter. The claim is that government spending is too high. Except that when it comes to "my" government spending.

Old 10-02-2013, 10:54 AM

3,297 posts, read 6,262,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj kapoor View Post
every american is not covered when the government exempts itself. Congress persons would never submit themselves to this bill, why should anyone?

No president has ever had full cooperation with congress, state and local governments. Effective presidents have learned how to negotiate. This president has had an ineffective presidency simply because he is too proud or biased to actually interact with those he wishes to rule.

He went into office facing an economic disaster; and yet he spent more than a year focused on a health care reform that is supported by a questionable number of people. If he had actually done something meaningful and fruitful with the economy in the first two years he would probably find a lot more trust now.

His economic inaction caused more people to lose their health care (and jobs).

Raj
^^^this^^^

Democrats could have avoided the shutdown.....House sent the bill stating that ALL Americans would get the same one year exemption that Obama gave big businesses and unions, repeal the medical device tax (which a good majority of Democrats would have supported), and to repeal Congress's "special" treatment under Obamacare. Because the "law of the land" should apply equally to everyone.

Democrats REFUSED. REFUSED THIS. Because they don't WANT to be under this law. And all Americans are NOT treated equal....only if you fund their campaigns. Unions absolutely raised cain and threats, and you can't have your voter base unhappy heading into midterms if you are Obama, so he hooked his friends up.

Old 10-02-2013, 10:58 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,759,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
You obviously did not read the link....
Do you give complete and total credit to Obama for Obamacare? Really think before you answer.

Old 10-02-2013, 11:03 AM

46,261 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Do you give complete and total credit to Obama for Obamacare? Really think before you answer.
Well you should educate yourself before you relpy...

No, I did not give obama credit, nor romney...if anyone it was hillary...remember hillary care...

Old 10-02-2013, 11:04 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,759,131 times
Part of the negotiations could be that Congress is exempt.

The whole system could use an overhaul but it is what we got.

I wish the economy was fixed too but I also think more then one agenda can be ongoing and a government like ours has to be dynamic enough to multi task on several fronts. To me, this is the perfect time to introduce this now that we've realized we cant keep going the way we have been

Old 10-02-2013, 11:05 AM

2,450 posts, read 5,599,850 times
My point is that you are misrepresenting yourself if you claim to be "against government spending", "debt", and "taxes" as a whole, yet for the spending that occurs in Huntsville. You are against welfare programs and regulation. Thats it. Don't cloak it in some concern about financial fiscal viability. If you were truly concerned about government spending first and foremost you'd be calling for reduced spending on all fronts.

Old 10-02-2013, 11:14 AM

482 posts, read 990,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeard View Post
My point is that you are misrepresenting yourself if you claim to be "against government spending", "debt", and "taxes" as a whole, yet for the spending that occurs in Huntsville. You are against welfare programs and regulation. Thats it. Don't cloak it in some concern about financial fiscal viability. If you were truly concerned about government spending first and foremost you'd be calling for reduced spending on all fronts.
Do you know for a fact that those are that person's beliefs about welfare and regulation? Or, are you just using a generalized, stereotypical statement to loop a group of people together?

People can disagree with what their government officials do. Support of a party and belief in every tenet said party chooses to support don't always go hand-in-hand. There are a LOT of Republicans out there that believe in the fiscal principles that the party supports, but also support some of the social issues that the Democratic party believes in. Everyone on both sides are so divided along party lines and want to play the blame-game that no one wants to consider that there is common ground between the groups if people will just look for it.

ETA: To add to that. I don't think you'd get any disagreement from any true Republican to reduce spending across all fronts if it meant turning this thing around.....that's called negotiation. Democrats want to cherry-pick issues as untouchable and are unwilling to negotiate on them, then blame the Republicans when it doesn't work.

Old 10-02-2013, 11:23 AM

8,742 posts, read 12,952,246 times
Quote:
Doesn't matter. The claim is that government spending is too high. Except that when it comes to "my" government spending.
Quote:
This is where you are wrong.

We ARE calling for reduced government spending on ALL front. Personally if I do not think I am providing a value-added service, I will go find something else to do. I hate to break this to you but most of us have SKILLS that the private sectors will be happy to have in a heart beat. We not not LOW-SKILL LABOR on welfare. This area has the highest MS & Ph.D. degrees per capita in the nation for good reasons.

Our military is a VOLUNTEER military. Those who serve are doing so with a higher purpose than just get paid. What about you? What do you do?

You can cast dispersion based on your bias all you want but it soes not change the facts. You need to get to know us better.

Old 10-02-2013, 12:33 PM

44 posts, read 59,170 times
Quote:
So true Bluebeard! I worked with arsenal and in my experience it was 75% white collar welfare. So many of these "highly educated" workers are paid well beyond their productivity. I have no simpathy for the 6 figure systems analysts who need help with excel. The system is brutally broken and the govies need "some" pain like the rest of us. This is all one big JOKE!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area