Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2014, 08:17 PM

295 posts, read 442,351 times

Advertisements

Last St. Patrick's Day my neighbor received 3 Christmas cards in the mail, each one from people in different cities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2014, 09:06 PM

493 posts, read 713,234 times
Default UPS driver leaves woman's Christmas gift in trash can on trash day

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreLysium View Post
I like the post office. It's cheap, and when they lose stuff it tends to show up at your house before they can find it, unlike when UPS loses stuff.
Also, you are absolutely right about the UPS losing stuff that's never found-I know of several situations where that happened but last December I saw a story on television where a UPS worker put a lady's package in her trash can on trash day. UPS workers are told to find area's to put the package where it cannot be seen from the street (so someone won't steal it) so this guy decided to "hide" it in her trash can that was by the curb. Well the trash truck came and emptied the package into their truck! And it was a $200.00 IPAD that she had purchased as a Christmas GIFT for her daughter! That $200.00 Ipad probably ended up being burned in an incinerator with other trash or in the landfill.

Here's a link to that article if anyone is interested....
UPS driver leaves woman's Christmas gift in garbage can on trash day* - NY Daily News

Old 02-18-2014, 06:52 AM

89 posts, read 118,859 times
I dont so much mind the postal service as much as I mind when FedEx is late on my 2 day package and decides to dump it off on the USPS only for them to be closed on Monday delaying my package even more. I paid for the 2-day service from a place that wasnt even two hours from here and now not even expected to get the package for another day. So far one week for a 2-day delivery. Money well SPENT!

Old 02-18-2014, 06:57 AM

1,644 posts, read 3,035,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by needtosellmyhome View Post
I can agree with that. Someone mailed me a check a few years ago and it never showed up (which is why I feel more secure paying bills online) but about 6 months later it came saying "found loose in mail stream" At least it finally showed up and wasn't opened or thrown away, etc. But by then the person that mailed it to me had already paid $45.00 to cancel the check. Ugh!

I also had a Christmas card that came back in December for whatever reason. The person I mailed it to had not moved.....26 others made it there fine though.
During the snow I had a package of nicotine liquid (still addicted, but not to cigs) get lost somewhere in NC. They said they'd start a tracking thing and find where it was. I got a call from the Hazel Green post office telling me it's theoretical routing the day it was delivered. She was speaking about the future, of the package going to birmingham or whatever, when it was in my mailbox at home already.

It's happened with clothing too. I'm given the line that it's probably hopeless and lost, then it shows up the next day. Good times.

Edited to add: The worst, most horrific shipping method is Smartship or whatever it's called. When they use a combination of DHL/Fedex/USPS to get the package to you in the longest time possible while changing hands as many times as possible to maximize the chances of losing it and no tracking is available. Yes, I'll pay $3 extra if you just mail it USPS 1st class.

Old 02-19-2014, 07:12 AM

396 posts, read 664,996 times
Yesterday our mail didn't arrive until 6:30 p.m. I guess the holiday put things behind a bit.

Old 02-19-2014, 07:24 AM

8,742 posts, read 12,962,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denofhc View Post
Yesterday our mail didn't arrive until 6:30 p.m. I guess the holiday put things behind a bit.
Same here in Madison. Must be the delivery from Birmingham.

Old 02-19-2014, 07:59 AM

1,420 posts, read 1,593,158 times
One time I was tracking a package and noticed it was not moving. It stayed at the same location for two days. I guess delivering a package two days ahead of schedule was not allowed.

Old 02-19-2014, 12:52 PM

458 posts, read 617,260 times
That's strange. I've had UPS hold a package because it was early but never had USPS do it.

Old 02-19-2014, 01:08 PM

1,644 posts, read 3,035,606 times
Uh, you do realize that UPSP tracking is worthless?

It should just be a page with your tracking number that says "We are aware this is mail and that we have it."

Old 02-19-2014, 01:47 PM

295 posts, read 442,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreLysium View Post
Uh, you do realize that UPSP tracking is worthless?

It should just be a page with your tracking number that says "We are aware this is mail and that we have it."
Let me fix that just a bit..... It should read "We are aware this is mail and that in some point in time it was in our system."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area