Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2014, 07:58 AM

2,513 posts, read 2,789,669 times

Advertisements

Honestly, that's how it is, and the attitude follows. Yet those same people work in Huntsville. Its sad honestly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2014, 09:29 AM

3,297 posts, read 6,266,015 times
You do realize he is a troll, correct?

Anyway, that is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. If you honestly believe that, I don't know what to tell you. I know no one who lives in Madison that has that attitude.

To be honest, the childish bickering between HSV and Madison gets so very old. If you don't like Madison, don't live there. If you don't like HSV, don't live there. But don't continue to make ridiculous statements like the one above.

Old 04-26-2014, 10:06 AM

151 posts, read 296,148 times
He's not even a very good troll.

Old 04-26-2014, 11:01 AM

151 posts, read 296,148 times
Here is how to ignore a user here on city-data: Easy to use "Ignore Feature"

Old 04-26-2014, 01:52 PM

442 posts, read 647,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFanHSV View Post
Honestly, that's how it is, and the attitude follows. Yet those same people work in Huntsville. Its sad honestly.
There are plenty of parts of the City of Huntsville that are just as nice (or at least as nice) and/or at least as pricey as the City of Madison: Jones Valley area, Hampton Cove/McMullen Cove area, Governors Bend and other neighborhoods on Monte Sano Mountain, Twickenham/Old Town historical districts and my list could go on.

But it is true that per capita income is higher in the City of Madison than in the City of Huntsville. And something like 1 out of every 10 or 11 residents in Madison is an engineer.

Old 04-26-2014, 04:48 PM

3,297 posts, read 6,266,015 times
You CANNOT compare HSV to Madison when it comes to per capita income, its just silly to even make that argument. HSV is over 4 times the size of Madison. Same goes for diversity....of course HSV is going to be more diverse than Madison....again, over 4 times the size.

And Madison does have a great school system across the board, but HSV (AGAIN) is so much larger, disparity is expected in its school zones as it is in most all larger cities.

And when you constantly change your user name and post ridiculous stuff that continues to have to be deleted, that is pretty childish, and its pretty sad IMO. But you are not the only one here on their third or thirtieth user name....

Old 04-26-2014, 07:04 PM

442 posts, read 647,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebenezer4 View Post
Only one out of 10? I figured at least 8 out of 10.
Something like that.....not 8 out of 10.

Old 04-28-2014, 07:08 AM

2,513 posts, read 2,789,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCTMadison View Post
You do realize he is a troll, correct?

Anyway, that is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. If you honestly believe that, I don't know what to tell you. I know no one who lives in Madison that has that attitude.

To be honest, the childish bickering between HSV and Madison gets so very old. If you don't like Madison, don't live there. If you don't like HSV, don't live there. But don't continue to make ridiculous statements like the one above.

The few people I know closely have this attitude about Huntsville that live in Madison city limits. They might be in the minority. They work in Huntsville and absolutley hate Huntsville. They wish that Research park could get annexed to Madison.

I agree that the bickering isn't all that uselful, but its going to happen when real estate agents, parents who live in Madison, and parents with kids who are in a poor school in Huntsville say that its an absolute must to live in Madison for the schools.

The reason I came back to this thread was because I had dinner with some good friends last night and their friends at Brickhouse and their kids go to Columbia. They moved last year within the same school system and their friends who have a kid in Madison were just flabergasted that they didn't move to Madison City for the schools since they had the means to do so.

Old 04-28-2014, 08:03 AM

283 posts, read 408,865 times
Yes, I have to say, we were living in the Ed White district and we got our apartment sight unseen due to a move from flordia, we did not have that much time to look into the schools, back then and we instantly reqreated the area we picked. We have two highly intelligent boy's, that were very shy at the time, but the schools there did not feel safe for them and they were far more advanced than there grades. Our son's begged to move and we did as soon as our lease was up. We had heard so much from family and friends who were in the Madison Area about the schools and I am so glad we listened and moved to Madison City. Our son's have excelled at the schools . Our oldest graduated Bob Jones and he is going to UAH in the Engineering program, our younger son is in the 10 grade and he is learning so much and enjoys school and is a member of the track team and football team. He has done excellent in the system. I do not think he would be doing so well if he was in a Huntsville school. Bob Jones is centered around your child's ability. What ever your child needs and wants to learn they get it at BJHS.
I do have a house yet, but we are working hard to get one soon, but the prices are higher but worth it, in the long run, the area is getting tighter and places are popping up everywhere, so we will have to pay more and that is fine, everything is close and that is all that matters.

Old 04-28-2014, 08:30 AM

1,268 posts, read 2,057,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBobo View Post
Here is how to ignore a user here on city-data: Easy to use "Ignore Feature"
The problem is, the guy is constantly getting banned and comes back with a new user name. Its pathetic really.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area