Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2014, 02:55 PM

442 posts, read 647,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmaster View Post
If I drove up in your driveway and gave you a pack of pork chops and told you I had transported them to you sitting in the bed my truck, would you eat them?
I would not!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2014, 03:48 PM

2,453 posts, read 3,215,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FayettevilletoHuntsville View Post
There's no reason to be rude to our fellow posters.
Seriously? What was rude? Padmaster suggested that they were doing something bad and alluded to there being perishable food being shipped via the manner described. I was asking for clarification.

Old 11-03-2014, 09:38 PM

483 posts, read 630,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaxwell View Post
Did you observe items requiring refrigeration? You didn't mention that previously.
Thank you I thought the same thing! And I wasn't rude.

Old 11-03-2014, 11:12 PM

442 posts, read 647,348 times
Throwing groceries into shopping carts and putting them into an un-covered landscaping style trailer to transport them on the roads is not the way to transport them unless you are going to dispose of them at a landfill or garbage dump site! If those grocery items were actually going to be utilized then shame on Star Market for transporting them that way! And actually, transporting them that way even to a garbage dump site is not a good idea, they could potentially fly out of the cart onto someone's vehicle or onto the road or road side creating litter.

Whether they are "refrigerated" items or not they should still be boxed or at least bagged and put into a covered vehicle and not a landscaping style trailer that's exposed to wind, possible rain, insects, etc. Think about how many insects hit your windshield when you're driving and when you're driving so many miles per hour that automatically creates wind hitting your vehicle.

And when you use the "" emoticon in response to someone else's post that seems pretty condescending. Padmaster was not using that emoticon in response to any of his fellow CD posters.

Last edited by FayettevilletoHuntsville; 11-03-2014 at 11:29 PM..

Old 11-04-2014, 06:48 AM

1,644 posts, read 3,035,289 times
Quote:
I would not!
I would.

Should I send you my address?

Old 11-04-2014, 07:43 AM

1,977 posts, read 4,207,009 times
Quote:
Throwing groceries into shopping carts and putting them into an un-covered landscaping style trailer to transport them on the roads is not the way to transport them unless you are going to dispose of them at a landfill or garbage dump site! If those grocery items were actually going to be utilized then shame on Star Market for transporting them that way! And actually, transporting them that way even to a garbage dump site is not a good idea, they could potentially fly out of the cart onto someone's vehicle or onto the road or road side creating litter.

Whether they are "refrigerated" items or not they should still be boxed or at least bagged and put into a covered vehicle and not a landscaping style trailer that's exposed to wind, possible rain, insects, etc. Think about how many insects hit your windshield when you're driving and when you're driving so many miles per hour that automatically creates wind hitting your vehicle.

And when you use the "" emoticon in response to someone else's post that seems pretty condescending. Padmaster was not using that emoticon in response to any of his fellow CD posters.

Old 11-04-2014, 10:27 AM

614 posts, read 766,405 times
Quote:

If buying, then eating a few cans of food that were transported in the back of a truck is the worst thing that happens to me today, then it has been a great day.

If buying a steak or porkchop and then getting home and find it slimy or smelling is the worst thing that happens to me today, then it has been a great day.

I don't think I'll ever let the deeper meaning of grocery transportation get me down.

Old 11-04-2014, 11:08 AM

523 posts, read 1,003,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaxwell View Post
Did you observe items requiring refrigeration? You didn't mention that previously.
No, I did not. But I also couldn't see all of the groceries that were in the carts. Yes, I embellished the story a bit and used a worst case scenario for transporting perishable groceries. Maybe they did, maybe they didn't. But based on some of the practices I have seen at that particular Star Market, I would not put it past them to do such a thing. Even if they didn't have perishable items in those carts, I'm sure they violated at least a health code or two for transporting groceries for resale in that manner.

Old 11-04-2014, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catfishin2000 View Post
If buying, then eating a few cans of food that were transported in the back of a truck is the worst thing that happens to me today, then it has been a great day.

If buying a steak or porkchop and then getting home and find it slimy or smelling is the worst thing that happens to me today, then it has been a great day.

I don't think I'll ever let the deeper meaning of grocery transportation get me down.

It will certainly get you down if you get food poisoning

Old 11-04-2014, 11:18 AM

Geez, it wasn't long ago everyone was freaking out about the guys selling steaks out of the back of a truck and how gross it was. At least the steaks were vacuum packed, frozen and double boxed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
View detailed profiles of: