Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 09:52 AM

626 posts, read 749,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kool hand luke View Post
Dawg fan here. UGA and S Carolina will battle for East division supremecy. Bama is a huge favorite, but preseason favorites oftentimes don't pan out. Arkansas has a LONG way to go.
Last year Auburn had a LONG way to go. I am one that is worried that Arkansas could catch Aubrun sleeping on the first game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2014, 11:11 AM

2,513 posts, read 2,766,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyro4ik View Post
FSU fan here. We will repeat as long as our idiot QB stops being such an idiot......
I'm an FSU fan too. I don't think our defense is as good and our schedule is slightly harder. And of course, squintin winston needs to keep his nose clean.

Old 07-31-2014, 12:44 PM

136 posts, read 240,001 times
Never said Arkansas was going to compete, but I wouldn't be shocked to see them take down Auburn.

Old 08-04-2014, 03:21 PM

152 posts, read 239,195 times
I've got DirecTV and I don't care. It'll eventually lead to yet another rate hike for the customers and frankly I'm not dancing in the daisies over what I'm paying now. I've seen enough of ESPN's daytime programming to know that what they'll be putting on the SEC Network on non-gamedays isn't worth paying a nickel for. For what I'm interested in watching, I figure at worst I'll lose a handful of meaningless non-conference rent-a-win games.

Old 08-04-2014, 03:25 PM

626 posts, read 749,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coogan View Post
I've got DirecTV and I don't care. It'll eventually lead to yet another rate hike for the customers and frankly I'm not dancing in the daisies over what I'm paying now. I've seen enough of ESPN's daytime programming to know that what they'll be putting on the SEC Network on non-gamedays isn't worth paying a nickel for. For what I'm interested in watching, I figure at worst I'll lose a handful of meaningless non-conference rent-a-win games.
I will be spending enough money in the local pubs during football season as it is. SEC Network wont be on my tv

Old 08-04-2014, 03:48 PM

33 posts, read 41,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamar Bowman View Post
I will be spending enough money in the local pubs during football season as it is. SEC Network wont be on my tv
I'm hearing you, Lamar. I will spend most Saturdays at Bandito Burrito watching Bama, aub, lsu in hopes a train will pass!!

Old 08-04-2014, 10:37 PM

152 posts, read 239,195 times
Well speak of the devil.....

DirecTV to carry SEC Network

Coog

Old 08-05-2014, 11:58 AM

375 posts, read 508,164 times
WOW! has reached an agreement to carry the SEC Network starting on August 14th. See below for channel numbers. WOW! TO LAUNCH SEC NETWORK AUGUST 14
Cable Customers to Gain All-Access Pass to Southeastern Conference Sports

ENGLEWOOD, CO – (August 1, 2014) -- WOW! cable customers will have greater access than ever to their favorite Southeastern Conference college sports teams when WOW! Internet, Cable and Phone launches the SEC Network on August 14, the day the new network goes live.

“WOW! is excited to introduce the SEC Network to our customers, said WOW! CEO Steven Cochran. “Sports fans in the Southeastern communities we serve have expressed great enthusiasm for this new service, and we are pleased to bring them programming that they tell us is exceptionally valuable to them. We are also pleased to provide the channel to our customers in the Midwest.
The SEC Network is expected to have more than 1,000 live events, including football, men’s and women’s basketball, baseball, softball, and more. In WOW! Southeast markets, the network will be carried on the following channels in the Expanded Service tier beginning August 14:

WOW! Location
(Expanded Basic Service)

Std. Definition Channel High Definition Channel
Augusta, GA 28 978
Auburn, GA 42 732
Charleston, SC 37 978
Columbus, GA 22 978
Dothan, AL 22 579
Ft. Gordon, GA 37 722
Huntsville, AL 47 985
Knoxville, TN 33 978
Montgomery, AL 29 980
Panama City Beach, FL 36 980
Pinellas, FL 34 980
Valley, AL 50 978

The SEC Network is an affiliate of ESPN. Both networks are among many controlled by Disney/ABC Television and carried on WOW! cable channel lineups. Carriage of the SEC Network is part of the renewal of WOW!’s contract with the programmer.

Old 08-05-2014, 01:47 PM

776 posts, read 740,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coogan View Post
Well speak of the devil.....

DirecTV to carry SEC Network

Coog
I wonder how this will affect WatchESPN with DirecTV. On getsecnetwork.com it states in the FAQ:

Will I be able to watch the network on my mobile phone or similar device?

Yes, the SEC Network will be available on SECNetwork.com and on iOS and Android devices through WatchESPN.

Old 08-06-2014, 12:54 PM

523 posts, read 997,578 times
Oh great, the Auburn/Arkansas game will be on the SEC Network and Mediacom is dragging their feet about closing the deal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area