U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2009, 06:52 PM

567 posts, read 1,555,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki613 View Post
I'm from New Jersey, and the only pizza i've ever really had that came close to what i'm used to is Tony's Little Italy. Everything else just tasted like chain store pizza to me. That isn't bad, but just not my preference!
You are right about most tasting like chain pizza. You should go by star market and have them throw you a Terry's Pizza in the oven. It is still the best. I do like Tony's but also Village pizza across from East Limestone High School.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2009, 10:12 PM

1,526 posts, read 2,557,392 times
Quote:
I'm from New Jersey, and the only pizza i've ever really had that came close to what i'm used to is Tony's Little Italy. Everything else just tasted like chain store pizza to me. That isn't bad, but just not my preference!
Hey Nikki,

I've had some very good pizza in NJ, and Tortora''s in Hampton Cove reminds me of Grimaldi's in Hoboken.

--
Mellow Mushroom- I passed by tonight, and it doesn't look close to ready. Depressing.

Old 04-14-2009, 06:39 AM

25 posts, read 65,436 times
Just tried Tommy's Pizza out at Bridge Street the other night and really enjoyed it. Pizzas are huge, they have fresh toppings and they are pretty quick. Everyone working in there was very friendly as well. I'd definitely go again. They also started a curbside pickup which is convenient. I'm all about supporting locally owned businesses and recommend giving this one a try!

Old 04-16-2009, 08:29 AM

99 posts, read 221,118 times
Didn't realize Tommy's was local! Good to know.

Old 04-17-2009, 11:27 PM

4 posts, read 6,948 times
I heard they were opening a Mellow Mushroom here! Though I must admit I'm more excited about their beer selection than the pizza.

Old 04-18-2009, 03:37 AM

Thumbs down Sam and Gregs

Ok,,,,,I know you will think I am crazy for giving Sam and Gregs a bad rating......It was not the pizza that was bad, it was the service. It was the absalute worst service I have ever had in Huntsville. They have no orginazation for seating. You have to fight so no one gets in front of you for a table. There was 4 of us and they only had enough plates for 3 of us and only one set of silverware. We had to go back and see if they ever cleaned a 4th plate that they promised us an hour earlier. We had to wait an hour for our pizza and never got our salad and they were not happy that we asked for our money back for our salad. Pizza was close to Village pizza in taste. Will I go back never.......Why would I when I have Village pizza 5 miles down the road with GREAT service. I WILL NEVER ENTER THE DOORS OF SAM AND GREGS AGAIN. Once again pizza high on list, service on the BOTTOM. No second chance here.

Old 04-18-2009, 07:20 AM

Quote:
I heard they were opening a Mellow Mushroom here! Though I must admit I'm more excited about their beer selection than the pizza.
yep We have a thread dedicated to them

Don't get too excited about the beer, this is Alabama 'FREE THE HOPS!!!"

Old 04-18-2009, 06:44 PM

SargesDad,

Is there any difference between the two Village Pizza places?

Old 04-19-2009, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCEddie View Post
SargesDad,

Is there any difference between the two Village Pizza places?
Two different owners same backer. Down town serves beer. My brother says he thinks down town taste better. I say East Limestone does.

Old 04-19-2009, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarges Dad View Post
Two different owners same backer. Down town serves beer. My brother says he thinks down town taste better. I say East Limestone does.
Thanks, knew you would have the scoop.

Now this is tricky. How does DT differ in pizza?

Different owners? Why the same name?

Same backer?

What about the menu, any different?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area