U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2014, 03:02 PM

215 posts, read 260,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCEddie View Post
Would he use "new owners" in his post? That would be odd.
Do you not think that the "new owners" would be doing something to the building/business to reopen it? I don't know many folks that would invest in a business and not do anything to get that business up and going. I rode by there last week and there simply isn't any work being done. The restaurant looks exactly like it did three months ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2014, 03:04 PM

1,526 posts, read 2,551,827 times
Maybe the deal was just signed yesterday or today?

Old 08-22-2014, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Maybe the deal was just signed yesterday or today?
Joe Carlucci made that Facebook post back on June 17th. He said in that post that "Famous Joe's has been sold and we wish the new owners the best of luck". He didn't say it was in the process of being sold or was going to be sold, he said it had been sold.

I would expect that some activity would have occurred in the two months since he made that statement if the restaurant was really sold to new owners.

Old 08-22-2014, 03:36 PM

oh, I thought it was just posted yesterday. In that case, the deed is done, and dusted. Probably very dusty by now.

Old 08-22-2014, 05:26 PM

308 posts, read 452,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Grumpy View Post
I would expect that some activity would have occurred in the two months since he made that statement if the restaurant was really sold to new owners.
Like the business sign "Famous Joe" and the "closed for remodeling" sign.

Old 08-22-2014, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAL50 View Post
Like the business sign "Famous Joe" and the "closed for remodeling" sign.
That remodeling sign was put out when Famous Joe's abruptly closed in early May under the auspices of the restaurant being closed for a week for "remodeling". Shortly thereafter the phone was disconnected and the staff was fired. Then six weeks later, Joe made the "Famous Joe's has been sold" post on Facebook. There hasn't been any activity there since May. The presence of that sign indicates nothing.

Last edited by Big Grumpy; 08-22-2014 at 06:35 PM..

Old 08-22-2014, 06:00 PM

Yeah, its done. I wasn't a big fan, but hate to see a pizza place go under.

The early post from today had my hopes up that someone bought his recipes, etc and were going to give it another shot, but sadly, those dreams are gone.

I'll be happy at Venice till we move to Connecticut where I will have 7,000 independent pizza places to choose from

Old 08-23-2014, 06:16 AM

308 posts, read 452,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Grumpy View Post
That remodeling sign was put out when Famous Joe's abruptly closed in early May under the auspices of the restaurant being closed for a week for "remodeling".
I know, I was the first to post here that I had seen that sign appearing one day.
I also compared it immediately with the Greenbrier story of "remodeling".

My previous answer was in response to your posting "I would expect that some activity would have occurred in the two months since he made that statement if the restaurant was really sold to new owners".
From my own experience and what I see mostly from others, is that when you buy a dead business, first thing you do is removing the previous owner/tenant name from the building and also remove that "closed for remodeling" sign.

Old 08-23-2014, 11:45 AM

626 posts, read 610,390 times
Quote:
I know, I was the first to post here that I had seen that sign appearing one day.

My previous answer was in response to your posting "I would expect that some activity would have occurred in the two months since he made that statement if the restaurant was really sold to new owners".
From my own experience and what I see mostly from others, is that when you buy a dead business, first thing you do is removing the previous owner/tenant name from the building and also remove that "closed for remodeling" sign.
Something was definitely fishy about the whole thing. Maybe some legal issues are holding it up. I cant see the owners of that building allowing it to sit empty without somebody paying rent...

Old 08-23-2014, 08:08 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,789,089 times
Quote:
Yeah, its done. I wasn't a big fan, but hate to see a pizza place go under.

The early post from today had my hopes up that someone bought his recipes, etc and were going to give it another shot, but sadly, those dreams are gone.

I'll be happy at Venice till we move to Connecticut where I will have 7,000 independent pizza places to choose from

Same here, not the best, but sad to see an original place close in Madison. We have sooo very few. But yeah, I am lucky Venice is literally the closest place to me and also my favorite. Think of me when you are enjoying variety in CT.

Quote:
True Story.

Why is it that we get cryptic fbook posts about closed places, that just aren't coming back. Amusingly both saying, "Uh. everything is fine, call us for parties!"

hah
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area