Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2014, 06:40 AM

1,644 posts, read 3,033,958 times

Advertisements

Is Buffalo's not in front of Publix anymore?

Or is that not sports bar enough?

Edited to add:
Ah, nevermind, I think I have the name wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamar Bowman View Post
Bisons is terrible. There is a reason the parking lot is quite empty at all times....
Well, it used to be a happenin' joint about 10 years ago.

I don't know how West End Grill is anymore, but it might be too much bar and too little sports.

And that location that always has the restaurants fail, between Madison and Huntsville on 72 on the south side of it. I can't recall the name, but even so, that'd be a drive, and I think they were targeted as "Family Sports Bar" which, really, you don't want the little rug rats hassling you during the game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2014, 07:58 AM

375 posts, read 513,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreLysium View Post

And that location that always has the restaurants fail, between Madison and Huntsville on 72 on the south side of it. I can't recall the name, but even so, that'd be a drive, and I think they were targeted as "Family Sports Bar" which, really, you don't want the little rug rats hassling you during the game.
I believe you are referring to the place that was originally Indigo Joe's. Don't recall how long it operated under that name (maybe two or three years), but it closed after an ownership change and later reopened as Steve McQueen's. That version didn't operate long and the place was closed and reopened under the Knuckleheads name. Seems like it operated under that name for a decent amount of time, but just recently closed and is now operating under a fourth name.

The place might be a decent location to watch sports but don't expect much in the way of service or good food. All of the previous iterations at this location have been plagued by poor service and inconsistent food quality. I tried it once when it was Indigo Joe's and had such a bad experience that I've never been back.

Old 11-04-2014, 10:07 AM

6,009 posts, read 6,658,856 times
I second Big Grumpy. My wife and I went once. That was enough.

Old 11-04-2014, 10:08 AM

6,009 posts, read 6,658,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreLysium View Post
Is Buffalo's not in front of Publix anymore?

Or is that not sports bar enough?

Edited to add:
Ah, nevermind, I think I have the name wrong.

Well, it used to be a happenin' joint about 10 years ago.

I don't know how West End Grill is anymore, but it might be too much bar and too little sports.

Still a big fan of West End.... never been in to watch a game though so not sure how it would be.

Old 11-04-2014, 10:21 AM

614 posts, read 765,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Grumpy View Post
I believe you are referring to the place that was originally Indigo Joe's. Don't recall how long it operated under that name (maybe two or three years), but it closed after an ownership change and later reopened as Steve McQueen's. That version didn't operate long and the place was closed and reopened under the Knuckleheads name. Seems like it operated under that name for a decent amount of time, but just recently closed and is now operating under a fourth name.

The place might be a decent location to watch sports but don't expect much in the way of service or good food. All of the previous iterations at this location have been plagued by poor service and inconsistent food quality. I tried it once when it was Indigo Joe's and had such a bad experience that I've never been back.

I normally never complain when out for dinner, but the one time that drove me to it was Indigo Joe's. Very bad service, rude not slow.
Then when it reopened at Knuckleheads, we thought lets go give it a try. It was me, Mrs Catfish, and our then teenage son. I guess we didn't get the memo about the waitress outfits. Oh my. I was amused, my son was, well, lets not go there, and Mrs Catfish slapped me upside the head for bringing her. Good food and service for a one time visit.

Old 11-05-2014, 05:59 AM

1,644 posts, read 3,033,958 times
I'm assuming that Knuckleheads was doing the Hooter's thing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
View detailed profiles of: