U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2015, 07:42 PM

340 posts, read 626,885 times

Advertisements

SUBDIVISIONS
1. FLINT RIVER APARTMENTS
Boundary Plat (72 units) Developer: Flint River LP Engineer: Pugh Wright McAnally
Located: Southeast City, south of Sutton Road and east of Wade Road
http://www.huntsvilleal.gov/planning...gendaNov14.pdf

Neighborhood Concepts is co-hosting an Opportunity Fair
Opportunity Fair related to construction of Flint River Apartments
​Huntsville, Alabama 01/07/2015
Neighborhood Concepts is co-hosting an Opportunity Fair for prospective contractors and low and very low income residents of Huntsville on Wednesday, January 14th to make each aware of contracting and employment opportunities related to the construction of Flint River Apartments. The meeting will be held at Neighborhood Concepts, Inc. located at 100 Washington Street NE, Suite B-3, Huntsville, AL 35801. Contractors should plan to attend from 10:30 am – 11:00 am.
Those interested in being added to a list of prospective employees for work directly related to this project should plan to attend the fair from 11:00 am – 11:30 am. This Opportunity Fair is being held in compliance with Section 3 of the HUD Act of 1968.
nci

Resolution authorizing the Mayor to commit HOME funds to Flint River L.P. for Flint River Apartment Home upon approval of their Grant Application to the Alabama Housing Finance Authority. (Community Development)
http://www.huntsvilleal.gov/citycoun...FlintRiver.pdf

ALABAMA HOUSING FINANCE AUTHORITY
2014 HOME/HOUSING CREDITS ALLOCATIONS
APPROVED BY THE AHFA BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Low-Income Housing Tax Credit Disclaimer
Alabama Housing Finance Authority’s (AHFA) commitment of low-income housing tax credits (Housing Credits) to certain projects on the following list is contingent upon AHFA’s receipt of a 2015 Housing Credit allocation from the U.S. Department of the Treasury, Internal Revenue Service, and is subject to any change in applicable laws or regulations.
Flint River Apartments
Wade Road & Highway 431
Huntsville, AL 35763
Madison County

72 Units – City HOME family

Flint River, LP
3825 Paces Walk, SE Suite 100
Atlanta, GA 30339
Non Profit
Owner Name and Number
Kevin Bucker - kbuckner@tbgresidential.com
678 324-5550
http://www.ahfa.com/sites/www/Upload...20Projects.pdf
www.ahfa.com/sites/www/Uploads/files/MF%20Allocation/...

TBG Residential
Latest News | TBG Residential

--other low income 'affordable' communites Huntsville--
Dunwoody Place - Huntsville, AL
Franklin Hills - Huntsville, AL

Clarkston Square - Huntsville, AL (low income close to NEW Grissom)
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2015, 11:12 PM

442 posts, read 524,686 times
If they want to build it then please let them build it without worrying about it, chances are not much could be done to stop them anyway. Not everyone can afford a luxury home in Hampton Cove and this is not in the actual Hampton Cove subdivision anyway.

Huntsville also has over 500 homeless people and something more needs to be done to help with that too.

Old 01-21-2015, 06:12 AM

3,806 posts, read 5,197,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FayettevilletoHuntsville View Post
Huntsville also has over 500 homeless people and something more needs to be done to help with that too.
Bus tickets to Birmingham would probably be cheaper than running a shelter for a year.

Old 01-21-2015, 06:39 AM

3,298 posts, read 4,995,447 times
I don't think anyone is "worrying". Macwell keeps up with what is happening with the housing authority and posts updates all the time. What is wrong with that?

Bottom line is the housing authority will issue rent vouchers so people can actually live wherever they want as long as the property owner will accept the voucher.

Old 01-21-2015, 12:59 PM

1,892 posts, read 2,498,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAL View Post
Bus tickets to Birmingham would probably be cheaper than running a shelter for a year.

Even cheaper to stay in all those projects from the sixties up there and under I-565. In the daytime, they can continue to kill the businesses along Hwy 72, except of course for the night jobs at those La Quinta Inn & Outs.

Old 01-21-2015, 07:46 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,329,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FayettevilletoHuntsville View Post

I would suggest giving them a ride to the employment office to get a damn job. If you continue to enable, they will continue to sponge off society. There are third and fourth generations living in the housing projects for crying out loud. There should be about a 2 year time limit to live in these things to get your life in order and get a job.

Old 01-21-2015, 08:55 PM

90 posts, read 156,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dijkstra View Post
I would suggest giving them a ride to the employment office to get a damn job. If you continue to enable, they will continue to sponge off society. There are third and fourth generations living in the housing projects for crying out loud. There should be about a 2 year time limit to live in these things to get your life in order and get a job.
I completely agree with you.

Old 01-21-2015, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCTMadison View Post
I don't think anyone is "worrying". Macwell keeps up with what is happening with the housing authority and posts updates all the time.
Housing Authority purchase 4 SE apartment complexes

Quote:
Does anyone have any thoughts how this will affect the Hampton Cove / Grissom area resale values now?

Old 01-21-2015, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dijkstra View Post
I would suggest giving them a ride to the employment office to get a job. If you continue to enable, they will continue to sponge off society.
It's hard for them to get a job when they have no address and no phone number, many homeless are also disabled or mentally ill (granted some are also drug addicts).

I own my home and work hard and have never sponged off society but there are "some" homeless that need true help. And actually, if a homeless person asked me for a ride to the unemployment office I would be glad to take them there (if my vehicle got carjacked I have insurance).

Old 01-22-2015, 05:36 AM

3,298 posts, read 4,995,447 times
Yes they can....shelters are set up to HELP people find jobs, get into drug addiction programs, etc. and they allow them to use their address/phone in acquiring employment. There are a multitude of programs and non profits in the area for this. Its called being an adult and making choices. DJ's point that you completely missed is that those services are intended to be TEMPORARY, yet many "milk" the system for years because its easier for some to suck the teet of the government than to actually go out and be productive and better themselves....which is why welfare numbers are absolutely thru the roof right now. Welfare was once intended to be a "hand up"....now it is a long term "hand out".

Then of course, there is the stereotype that they are all criminals, as seen in your above post.

There are also disabled people that work, everyday, in a multitude of different industries. In fact, there are federal laws that prohibit employers from discriminating based on disability.

Last edited by LCTMadison; 01-22-2015 at 05:46 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area