Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2015, 11:16 AM

626 posts, read 754,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlambert View Post
We have reservations for Sunday evening to celebrate our 12th wedding anniversary.

I have been writing reviews for years for a website that advises people on trips ( ) so I'll report back as well.
Congrats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2015, 04:16 PM

944 posts, read 1,186,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlambert View Post
We have reservations for Sunday evening to celebrate our 12th wedding anniversary.

I have been writing reviews for years for a website that advises people on trips ( ) so I'll report back as well.
Congratulations - ask if Anna (Elsa) is working, she was wonderful!

Old 05-26-2015, 12:12 PM

6,009 posts, read 6,664,238 times
We did enjoy it, I must say! Food was outstanding as was the service. A bit on the pricey side so this will be a special occasion type place, but we will definitely return.

Old 05-26-2015, 01:57 PM

32 posts, read 63,709 times
One of my favorite places. I call it getting meat drunk!!!

Old 08-11-2015, 07:44 PM

1,038 posts, read 1,336,731 times
How is this place doing? Have people gone back and found the quality to be holding?

Old 12-01-2015, 09:53 AM

614 posts, read 766,405 times
Just to revive an old thread, I made my first trip to TdB on Thanksgiving night. the place was not very crowded, and we were seated as soon as we walked in the door.

The salad bar is great. My wife filled up a bit to much on it and couldn't really dent the meat service.
I, on the other hand, just grazed the salad bar and went full gusto on the meat. I informed the servers that I was not interested in chicken and only needed one tiny little piece of lamb, just keep bringing the beef. They did exactly that. Everything was great, and the sausage was a pleasant surprise.

The good: all you can eat filet? Heck yes. The Pichana and flank steak actually taste much better than the filet.

Best surprise: the sausage, and the pork ribs were very good but only came around once.

The bad: my self control.

At the end of the day, I don't see us going here more than once or twice a year no matter how good it is.

Old 12-01-2015, 11:33 AM

3,297 posts, read 6,265,371 times
FYI...you can buy $100 gift cards at Costco and Sam's for less than $80, so its a good way to save a little if you are planning to go. Also be sure to sign up for their emails....we get coupons all the time.

The last couple of times we have been I only got the salad bar and I was completely happy because that is my favorite part!

Old 12-01-2015, 04:30 PM

2,996 posts, read 3,579,157 times
sign up for their email eclub and you get heads up on all kind of specials and offers.

Old 12-02-2015, 05:27 AM

614 posts, read 766,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AU HSV View Post
sign up for their email eclub and you get heads up on all kind of specials and offers.
I get the emails and offers, but the fine print says that the offer isn't good on Thanksgiving, Christmas and other major holidays. So it was full price for us. While very expensive, it is OK for a once a year special event.

Old 12-02-2015, 08:44 AM

152 posts, read 240,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catfishin2000 View Post
Just to revive an old thread, I made my first trip to TdB on Thanksgiving night. the place was not very crowded, and we were seated as soon as we walked in the door.

The salad bar is great. My wife filled up a bit to much on it and couldn't really dent the meat service.
I, on the other hand, just grazed the salad bar and went full gusto on the meat. I informed the servers that I was not interested in chicken and only needed one tiny little piece of lamb, just keep bringing the beef. They did exactly that. Everything was great, and the sausage was a pleasant surprise.

The good: all you can eat filet? Heck yes. The Pichana and flank steak actually taste much better than the filet.

Best surprise: the sausage, and the pork ribs were very good but only came around once.

The bad: my self control.

At the end of the day, I don't see us going here more than once or twice a year no matter how good it is.
My wife and I went for our anniversary a few weeks ago.

The potato salad from the salad bar was excellent. So were the beets.

The chicken was good, but not great. Compared to the beef, it wasn't very moist. Tasted a little dry to me.

You're right - the sausage is delicious. I was very surprised how much I liked it.

Our server (Josh, I think) was great. Very nice, keep our water refilled, and after noticing what we tended to like, came over and recommended some sauces for us. The lamb was delicious, so he brought us some mint jelly sauce for us to try with it. The lamb had a very good pepper flavor, but the mint sauce dulled the pepper just a bit and evened it out, and gave a very good mint flavor. Have a try at it - it's a good change. I had a try at the "house speciality" they had that night - some kind of kidney-shaped sirloin. Very tasty, and the crust on it was incredible.

Probably the only thing I wasn't too crazy about was the cinnamon bananas. They're meant as a palette cleanser, and while they definitely do the job, they're also pretty dry. Eating them was kinda like taking cough syrup - you know it's good for you, but it doesn't taste very good going down.

They comp'd our desserts for our anniversary. The total was just over $100 for the two us (my wife had a 100 proof cocktail that was VERY good).

It's expensive, but worth it if you go a few times a year. Even if I was swimming in money, I wouldn't go more than two or three times a year. It's very much an event place.

Coog
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area