Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2015, 04:26 PM

2 posts, read 5,013 times

Advertisements

Hello,

Looking to build a custom home. I'd like to stay away from Stoneridge, Alabama Heritage, Pearson's, Jeff Benton, etc.

I've been reaching out to some recommended builders on this site. I ran in to CompassAL on my own and they've been super responsive so far and really nice. I can't find any reviews on them though...

Does anyone have any experience or recommend any builders?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2015, 05:44 PM

296 posts, read 694,013 times
My home is built by one of the principals at Compass, Randy Hymas. I have been pleased with building design and quality. Only word of advice, review light switch placement; he seems to think less is more; I like to have lots of different places from which to turn on lights.

Marc

Old 02-03-2015, 07:11 PM

493 posts, read 713,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by audan2009 View Post
Hello,

Looking to build a custom home. I'd like to stay away from Stoneridge, Alabama Heritage, Pearson's, Jeff Benton, etc.

I've been reaching out to some recommended builders on this site. I ran in to CompassAL on my own and they've been super responsive so far and really nice. I can't find any reviews on them though...

Thanks!
Compass Homes - Your Custom Home Builder In Huntsville, AL has some spec homes for sale right now in The Reserve at Natures Landing off of Zierdt Road in SW Huntsville so you might go take a look at those and see what you think of them:

113 Wolf Creek Trail, Huntsville, AL 35824 | MLS 1005220 | Listing Information | Sid Pugh | Valley MLS

117 Wolf Creek Trail, Huntsville, AL 35824 | MLS 1005221 | Listing Information | Sid Pugh | Valley MLS

Home - The Reserve Community

Stoneridge built my current home and it was a spec home and was one of their smaller designs but Stoneridge/Jim Wright will do custom builds. Stoneridge builds a really nice home...

Stoneridge Homes Huntsville, AL | Custom Home Builders Huntsville and Madison County Alabama

Last edited by needtosellmyhome; 02-03-2015 at 07:26 PM..

Old 02-03-2015, 08:46 PM

3,297 posts, read 6,266,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by audan2009 View Post
Hello,

Thanks!

I've got a client that is having Legacy do a 5000sft + custom build and I have been EXTREMELY impressed so far. We've watched a few of their homes go up and my client feels good about what he sees and the quality so far. They have some smaller plans and will build on your land if you already have it. Shawn is a very good architect and its really nice to actually sit down with him and work thru the plan....we have redrawn plans 5 times (so far). He'll design whatever you want.

Nlambert is using Compass Homes and was talking about them in another thread...you might DM him about what his experience has been. Here's a link to that thread. Cost per square ft?

Last edited by LCTMadison; 02-03-2015 at 08:56 PM..

Old 02-04-2015, 06:52 AM

6,009 posts, read 6,667,017 times
We've been trying to talk to the Realtor there about building a house. One co-worker used them recently to build a completely custom home and said it went well. Another co-worker is trying to use them as we are and well....I won't go into too many details. DM me if you'd like more info. At this point, we are back to the drawing board and just plan to buy a house and be done with it.

Old 02-04-2015, 01:48 PM

3 posts, read 4,409 times
Thumbs up They were awesome

Compass built my parents house and they had a great experience with them. Easy to get along with and my parents said that they didn't feel like Compass was out to get all their money. And part of the profit goes towards a non profit called the ELM foundation which like sends out of work or single parents back to school so they can be self sufficient.

Old 02-05-2015, 10:10 AM

2 posts, read 5,013 times
I haven't been getting notifications that I was getting responses. That's great information everyone! I'm meeting with them Saturday. I'll be sure to post something so that there is a good reference to them on this forum.

Old 02-05-2015, 11:04 AM

6,009 posts, read 6,667,017 times
The quality seems to be there so I definitely won't knock their quality. Audan, I responded to your DM with my experience on dealing with them so far. Hope it helps!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area