Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2015, 05:04 PM

2 posts, read 2,527 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for information about the Grove Park development off County Line Road, and the Stoneridge Homes builder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2015, 05:11 PM

493 posts, read 713,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drh_97 View Post
I'm looking for information about the Grove Park development off County Line Road, and the Stoneridge Homes builder.
I love Grove Park and Stoneridge Homes, Stoneridge built my home in 2012 and I have been very happy with it. Mine is not in Grove Park though but I was in there a few weeks ago and Stoneridge seemed to be doing really well there and the neighborhood is looking really nice. Grove Park | Stoneridge Homes Huntsville, AL | Custom Home Builders Huntsville and Madison County Alabama

Old 02-09-2015, 07:44 PM

3,297 posts, read 6,265,371 times
Quote:

They are not selling extremely well in there considering the price range, and overall that neighborhood has developed extremely slow, but the demand is just not strong for that type of product in Madison. It started as townhomes and those just don't sell well in Madison anyway....compounded by the fact that its right outside Liberty so in the morning you have bumper to bumper traffic down Dock Murphy and it does make exiting the neighborhood a challenge. That has been the biggest issue with Grove Park. A portion of it also requires flood insurance.

They're cute, but for that price/size and location buyers expect full brick and those are mainly fiber cement siding with only the front elevation in brick. He'll build it full brick but the price is astronomical. Jim's a great builder....main complaint I have about him is he doesn't have a great "process" down and towards the end as we are getting closer to closing and wrapping up things often get very hectic and don't run quite a smoothly as with some other builders.

Last edited by LCTMadison; 02-09-2015 at 07:59 PM..

Old 02-09-2015, 09:36 PM

493 posts, read 713,118 times
But from what it was a few years ago...I saw 4 or 5 sold signs up when I was there and it looked like more than half of the subdivision now has homes either finished or under construction although I didn't count.

Old 02-10-2015, 10:31 AM

1,977 posts, read 4,207,009 times
We used to rent a townhome in Grove Park and traffic is a nightmare if you need to get to or from your house in the morning or afternoon when school is in session. We actually had to plan around it in order to make doctor appointments and flights on time. With that being said, it was a quiet location for a rental, but I would never buy in there. It was nice to be able to walk or bike to Publix and the surrounding restaurants.

On the flip side of things, we had Stoneridge build our home in another area and aside from a few issues during the build, we were pretty pleased with the process and have had no major issues with the home to date. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again as a builder.

Old 02-16-2015, 07:25 AM

445 posts, read 770,884 times
I went to Liberty when it first opened (1990) and we used to have "field day" in the area that is now Grove Park.

But yeah, to me, its crazy how close to the school it is. Its literally in the schools front yard.

Old 02-19-2015, 06:33 AM

776 posts, read 745,829 times
Quote:

I've been in a few of the homes in there. They are nice. However like LCT said they are not full brick and you may have flood issues with those homes. I've been in quite a few Stoneridge homes in the last year and they are quite nice. I would buy a Stoneridge before I would buy a Woodland. I know the realtors that work these neighborhoods for Stoneridge and they are very nice and helpful. Here in Madison and Harvest they use Legend Realty. vvv This is a picture of one of the model homes they have since sold in Grove Park. vvv

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area