Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 10:57 AM

776 posts, read 745,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
That's bullcrap. They could not make that determination from a quick view inside the house. To suggest that's why they demanded entry is absurd, since no one checked IDs afterwards. So that just blows your theory down to a joke. And its not the same as a gunshot in no way shape or form. These cops need to be fired and sued to the full extent of the Law.
Who said they made the determination on quick view? I driven down many neighborhood streets and could see in peoples house pretty clearly that didn't have blinds.

BTW did the police report state that they didn't check any IDs or is that what Kenebrew claimed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2015, 10:58 AM

401 posts, read 287,448 times
We already know that the Mad County Sheriff department has many liars carrying badges as evidenced by the events surrounding them beating a guy almost to death after a traffic stop and then paying him $650,000. The burden of proof is on the cops to provide some sort of additional evidence of the veracity of their reports.
There is also the case of the investigator that was caught lying many times and ultimately arrested and charged with theft of property from a burglarized storage unit.
Perhaps Kenebrew was afraid the cops would steal his personal property if allowed inside?!?!?

Old 03-05-2015, 11:06 AM

5,940 posts, read 3,571,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaverra View Post
The problem is not that he was officially arrested Kenebrew will always have to report that arrest if he ever needs a security clearance or job even though the charges were dropped.
Not true. The Cops dropped the Charges and it was an illegal arrest. Even if he does not win any lawsuits, he can have that expunged from his record very easily. The Law provides remedy for false arrests so victims do not bear the burden of illegal activities even by Police.

This is a civil rights violation and they take time to process, (you have 5 years) but I see no win here for the Police, on the Local level or the Federal Level, since the Feds can prosecute on their own for violation of this mans civil rights, and possibly charge others under a conspiracy to violate civil rights Law.

Last edited by Boris347; 03-05-2015 at 11:15 AM..

Old 03-05-2015, 11:10 AM

Imagine the cops having to obtain a warrant to pull a guy over to determine if he's drunk. He's only been swerving all over the road for last quarter mile.

Old 03-05-2015, 11:18 AM

266 posts, read 396,842 times
Quote:
Imagine the cops having to obtain a warrant to pull a guy over to determine if he's drunk. He's only been swerving all over the road for last quarter mile.
You really don't understand how probably cause works.

Old 03-05-2015, 11:18 AM

5,940 posts, read 3,571,697 times
Quote:
In reading the actual lawsuit I really have a hard time believing the story as told in the lawsuit.
Then read the Police version of events. Pretty well the same as the Lawsuit. Have any other "Straws" you want to clutch or grab on to?

Old 03-05-2015, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
Then read the Police version of events. Pretty well the same as the Lawsuit. Have any other "Straws" you want to clutch or grab on to?
"The lawsuit and the police incident reports largely agree on basic facts.
It was around 11 p.m. Deputy Dejong knocked, Kenebrew stepped outside. Kenebrew closed the door behind him and asked what officers wanted. Police did not have a search warrant. Kenebrew refused to grant them permission to enter the house."

These are the only things according to the al.com story that agree between the police version of events and Kenebrew.

Old 03-05-2015, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnygreek View Post
You really don't understand how probably cause works.
Oh really?

Old 03-05-2015, 11:28 AM

23,597 posts, read 70,412,676 times
Weaverra:

"Many times you have to go before a judge to sort this out. Some people think that resisting arrest is the way to do it and that is clearly not true. Sometimes you have to comply and prove your case in court. When you try to resist arrest it could be used as probable cause."

I cannot recall reading someone who is such an apologist for outrageous and physical violence by police since the bad old days. Your recent responses have made you lose all credibility with me, to the point that when you state something I will now disbelieve it automatically. I see no point in debating this further.

Old 03-05-2015, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
Weaverra:

"Many times you have to go before a judge to sort this out. Some people think that resisting arrest is the way to do it and that is clearly not true. Sometimes you have to comply and prove your case in court. When you try to resist arrest it could be used as probable cause."

I cannot recall reading someone who is such an apologist for outrageous and physical violence by police since the bad old days. Your recent responses have made you lose all credibility with me, to the point that when you state something I will now disbelieve it automatically. I see no point in debating this further.
Didn't know I needed your validation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area