Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2015, 05:49 AM

300 posts, read 606,718 times

Advertisements

If you haven't heard by now, the AMF Parkway Lanes bowling alley burned down early yesterday morning. It was called in a few hours after closing, and officials believe the blaze may have started in the kitchen. No one was in the building during the fire, but two firefighters were injured.

Parkway Lanes reduced to rubble after fire - WAFF-TV: News, Weather and Sports for Huntsville, AL

The place is a total loss and was reduced to rubble.

We went a handful of times; it was expensive but always a nice time. It was one of the cleaner/nicer remodeled places to go in town (unlike Pla-Mor) and will be missed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2015, 09:28 AM

23 posts, read 31,309 times
Maybe pla more should reconsider closing now....

Old 03-08-2015, 02:48 PM

1,420 posts, read 1,592,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris J Lumbergh View Post
Maybe pla more should reconsider closing now....
Plamor Lanes is closing at the end of April because its lease is not being renewed. Jerry Damson Automotive bought the property a few months ago and is going to use for expansion.

Plamor Lanes closing iconic Huntsville bowling alley to make way for Jerry Damson expansion
Plamor Lanes closing iconic Huntsville bowling alley to make way for Jerry Damson expansion | AL.com

Old 03-08-2015, 03:42 PM

2,996 posts, read 3,579,157 times
Redstone has the best lanes in town

Old 03-08-2015, 04:11 PM

458 posts, read 617,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AU HSV View Post
Agreed.

Old 03-08-2015, 05:12 PM

300 posts, read 606,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AU HSV View Post
They do, and they're going to start seeing a lot more business apparently...

Old 03-08-2015, 09:14 PM

2,513 posts, read 2,789,669 times
Yeah, but I can't get on the arsenal. When I moved up here in 99 I started bowling at Plamor. I bowled there for about 10 years until I bowled a few years at Pin Palace. Came back to plamor after that. I bowled a few tournaments at parkway. Its a shame because I doubt, even with two bowling alleys closing, I don't think the void will get anytime soon. I liked Plamot because it was locally owned and operated.

Old 03-09-2015, 06:53 AM

103 posts, read 252,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterEd51 View Post
Plamor Lanes is closing at the end of April because its lease is not being renewed. Jerry Damson Automotive bought the property a few months ago and is going to use for expansion.

Plamor Lanes closing iconic Huntsville bowling alley to make way for Jerry Damson expansion
Plamor Lanes closing iconic Huntsville bowling alley to make way for Jerry Damson expansion | AL.com
Damson has delayed this because of the AMF fire.

Old 03-09-2015, 12:40 PM

626 posts, read 754,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin Wehut View Post
Damson has delayed this because of the AMF fire.
That is good to know. I may go bowl one more 300 just for old times sake.

Old 03-09-2015, 10:17 PM

442 posts, read 647,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamnbam View Post
If you haven't heard by now, the AMF Parkway Lanes bowling alley burned down early yesterday morning. It was called in a few hours after closing, and officials believe the blaze may have started in the kitchen. No one was in the building during the fire, but two firefighters were injured.

Parkway Lanes reduced to rubble after fire - WAFF-TV: News, Weather and Sports for Huntsville, AL

The place is a total loss and was reduced to rubble.

We went a handful of times; it was expensive but always a nice time. It was one of the cleaner/nicer remodeled places to go in town (unlike Pla-Mor) and will be missed.
The article and video does not say that it won't be re-built. Wonder if they will come back with a brand new building?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area