Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2015, 02:20 AM

57 posts, read 65,472 times

Advertisements

This area puzzles me. The houses don't seem half bad, but a lot of drugs are around here. tyler, and bessmer road seem pretty quiet, but when you get to oster and mcdow their seems to be thugs and drugs. Was over there one days and some hooker like woman wasked me for "Roxies." They day before that I was riding a bike on oster and this car passed me by. I saw the car stop and began to turn around so I stopped my bike. They drove up to me and one man asked if I said anything to them. I said know, and he kept on asking if I said something. Then he said " So you just chillin huh?" and I said yes. Then he said ok and drove away. Then, they day after the roxies thing, I was walking with two friends and These Same 3 cars all driving in a convoy kept passing us by. The car in the front had a hispanic male driver who kept on staring right at us. On his final pass he made a smoking motion with his fingers ( offering drugs) I waved him off and he left. I have a cousin that had friends that rented 1118 Oster Drive and apparently the house always had problems which were never fixed, electric problems, no heat in winter, ect. About a house over there was a guy that was running electricity from the house next door to the next house which he was renting to someone. Well the renters didn't know and one night the house burst into flames and they jumped out the second story window. I guess just the general area going downhill has brought this down too. I think many of the houses have just become low rent. I don't think city data is a great place to blog about this type of stuff, but what site is, give me your recommendations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2015, 09:02 PM

944 posts, read 1,185,772 times
Wow, that sounds like an absolutely charming neighbor"hood"

Old 07-27-2015, 08:40 AM

523 posts, read 1,003,410 times
According to Emaps, most of the homes in this subdivision were built in the early to mid 60's. Average home is pushing 50+ years old. Cheaper housing attracts low income families or renters which in turn attracts crime and drugs. Do you live in this subdivision or are you looking to buy/rent here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area