U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2011, 09:49 PM

1 posts, read 3,151 times

Advertisements

i live close to this house, but i live a street over. that mansion is my daughter's dream house, and she plans on it being her's one day, and she will welcome anyone that wants to take a look inside. it is truelly a beautiful house (mansion). that crazy lady that lives in it should not be destroying people's property and cursing at them just because they are fascinated with her home. It's on the national historic register for goodness sake and people are going to want to look at it from time to time, and she should be proud that she has such a beautfiul home and that people appreciate the beauty of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2011, 12:38 PM

4 posts, read 9,512 times
I am an architecture student developing a catalog of research about the McCormick House. Would anyone be willing to share your photos and story with me? I am hoping to use all of this information in an effort to bring awareness of this historic home and learn of any organizations that have projects/fundraising to restore/help with up keeping this! It is an amazing piece of history.

I am not looking for gossip or he said/she said. I am looking for personal experiences with driving past/viewing the home. It would be even better to hear from you who have been inside or known owners past or present! Even if you have suggestions/opinions for how this should be open or not open to the public, used for scholarly use, or left as a private property for whoever owns it, please feel free to let me know.

Please email me with any info, comments, or questions at savekildaremccormickmansion@gmail.com.

Thank you so much for your help!

Rachel McKinley

Old 03-21-2011, 07:04 PM

1 posts, read 3,027 times
me and my sister drove by one night and my brother said he saw her in the bushes so we backed up and only saw a cat, so we drove away. When we were driving away I look back a see a hand with a video camera sticking out so I told my sister to back up and so we did and she pulled her camera in and then we drove away and I could still see that red dot on the video camera even after we were pulling away.

Old 03-21-2011, 08:29 PM

2,759 posts, read 3,298,736 times
This is all just too funny. Now I have to go down there to see if I can see them hiding in the bushes or if I get sprayed by the water hose. lol

Maybe we should all plan to trick or treat them on Halloween this year just for kicks. lol

Old 04-19-2011, 07:55 PM

11 posts, read 38,695 times
Want her name and phone number? LOL

Old 04-19-2011, 07:58 PM

So, what was the outcome? I am extremely curious.

Old 04-19-2011, 08:01 PM

OMG!! Put it to music and send me a copy!! I LOVE IT!!! LMFAO!!

Old 04-19-2011, 08:04 PM

Next time, stand there and CALL THE COPS!!! Take your camera with you. Take a friend to videotape it. This website and YouTube will be waiting. CC me a copy.

Old 07-06-2011, 05:56 PM

Talking Delilah Song

Did you record this song yet? If so, cc me a copy, please. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercocoa View Post
Turns out her name is Delilah, and she's an antique dealer. My newspaper teacher knows her and she's apparently really unstable. Anyways, we re-wrote the song Hey There Delilah to fit her wondrous personality.

Hey there Delilah
What's it like in your creepy mansion?
I'm just across the street at Lumpkinís
But girl, tonight you look so evil
Yes you do
Spotlights can't shine as bright as you
I swear it's true

Hey there Delilah
Don't you worry about the children
Yes, theyíre staring at your house
But I donít think they plan to rob it
Turn off your hose
Listen to my voice, Iím gonna cry
You scarred me for life

Oh it's what you throw at me
What you throw at me

Hey there Delilah
Itís no crime to take a picture
And just believe me, girl
Someday the men in white coats will take you away
We'll have it good
We'll have the photos we knew we would
You ainít no good

Hey there Delilah
I've got so much left to say
I think you need a lot of therapy
And maybe a trip to church
You need Jesus
And a double dose of Prozac
Go get some help

Oh it's what you spray at me
What you spray at me

Across the street seems pretty far
But we've got cameras and cell phones and cars
You'd trespass through yards since you had no other way
Our friends would all make fun of you
but youíll evilly cackle along because you know
That none of us have felt this crazay
Delilah I can promise you
That by the time we get through
Kildare Street will never ever be the same
And you're to blame

Hey there Delilah
You be demented and don't you miss me
A few more years and you'll be dead
And I'll be taking photos like I do
You'll know it's not because of you
We can do whatever we want to
Hey there Delilah here's to you
This one's for you

Oh it's what you roar at me
What you roar at me

Old 07-13-2011, 09:06 PM

1 posts, read 2,593 times
I was born on this street and was always aware of this house since I walked past it every morning going to Jr High School. I have never seen anyone outside of the house. I left Huntsville in 1965 and haven't been back. To me, when I was younger, this was just a spooky old house. When I got older I realized it was a beautiful home. I would have loved to have went inside it. I think at one time it was used as apartments. I could be wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area