U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2013, 04:37 PM

1 posts, read 1,956 times

Advertisements

my daughter saw the house after a cheerleading practice sesion and she wanted to see it up close this was a few weeks ago 5/9/2013 and as we were turning around out of nowhere a guy came out with what looked like a video camera - watching us .... before i read all this and yes its the same in the previous video - i said look there are people who do not like visitors .... thats a shame she said - if you read this owners .... why dont you either give tours and be grateful or just burn it or sale it - come on - stop being rude to people who love old historical homes

Last edited by tracey- shegod-; 05-22-2013 at 04:38 PM.. Reason: mis spell
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2013, 01:42 PM

230 posts, read 314,283 times
Funny thing...had the family (wife and daughter) loaded nto the car one weekend not long ago and one of the things we wanted to do was check out that stained glass place on the corner of the same street this house is on. Unfortunately it was closed, but we only found this out by my wife getting out of the car and walking all around the building. I had parked in what I thought was their lot but turned out to be part of the next-door business, so I slowly pulled around the corner (right in front of the house!!!) into the stained glas place's parking area. Wife got back into the car and we drove away by going up the street, past the house, and onward to our next destination. No one came out of the house. No one sprayed water on us. No one reflected sunlight off a mirror into my window. And no one came out yelling, throwing rocks, or videotaping us. Hmm. But then again, this isn't my first post in this forum, either...

If you read this, owners, enjoy your beautiful, historic house in whatever way you damn please!

Old 06-04-2013, 08:26 PM

468 posts, read 752,154 times
Default Kildare - Robbery While Taking Pic of House

Could this be the same house?

Woman taking pictures of south Huntsville home robbed of phone, assaulted with walking cane | al.com

Sounds like the same wacko person to me ... she didn't have to assault her.

Old 06-05-2013, 09:12 AM

1,782 posts, read 2,789,586 times
I don't see how it could be any other home.

Old 06-05-2013, 09:16 AM

468 posts, read 752,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Dave View Post
I don't see how it could be any other home.
And as usual, the folks at al.com give us the news - but no details and no pictures...
I shouldn't even call that news.

My 10 and 13 year old can write better than this.

Old 06-05-2013, 10:11 AM

151 posts, read 245,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RatSnake View Post
And as usual, the folks at al.com give us the news - but no details and no pictures...
I shouldn't even call that news.

My 10 and 13 year old can write better than this.
Maybe they went to get a picture and got hosed down.

Old 06-23-2013, 03:55 PM

6 posts, read 7,646 times
I understand wanting to preserve one's privacy, but the street is a PUBLIC street. By law, you can take pictures or video from the PUBLIC street if you want, so long as you do not sell the pictures/video. This house was vacant for a LONG time and it's hard to tell at first if anyone lives there now, or not. Obviously, if someone sprays you with a hose or comes out of the bushes with a video cam, you know there are people living there...CRAZY people. I wish someone with some $$ would buy the house, restore it and make it a B&B or a place to have weddings, or something. Unless someone is using a high powered lens to peek in their windows, these people have no right to harass or assault anyone on a public street just for admiring the house.

Old 06-24-2013, 02:07 PM

230 posts, read 314,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayberryfan View Post
I understand wanting to preserve one's privacy, but the street is a PUBLIC street. By law, you can take pictures or video from the PUBLIC street if you want, so long as you do not sell the pictures/video.
Just playing Devil's Advocate here...would you be so kind as to provide us with your address? I promise not to come by and take pictures of your house and put them up here, and videos on youtube, more than 4 times a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayberryfan View Post
I wish someone with some $$ would buy the house, restore it and make it a B&B or a place to have weddings, or something. Unless someone is using a high powered lens to peek in their windows, these people have no right to harass or assault anyone on a public street just for admiring the house.
Someone with "some $$" *did* buy this house, and are doing exactly what they damn please with it. What business is it of any of ours whether it is a private residence or a "a B&B or a place to have weddings, or something"? Again, I repeat my offer...please provide us with *your* address so I can come by and photograph and video it...and I will in turn promise not to do so more than 4 times a week, nor to make any money off the posts I make here, on youtube, and elsewhere...

Old 06-24-2013, 04:40 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,789,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveDime View Post
Just playing Devil's Advocate here...would you be so kind as to provide us with your address? I promise not to come by and take pictures of your house and put them up here, and videos on youtube, more than 4 times a week.

Someone with "some $$" *did* buy this house, and are doing exactly what they damn please with it. What business is it of any of ours whether it is a private residence or a "a B&B or a place to have weddings, or something"? Again, I repeat my offer...please provide us with *your* address so I can come by and photograph and video it...and I will in turn promise not to do so more than 4 times a week, nor to make any money off the posts I make here, on youtube, and elsewhere...
Well now to play devils advocate to you, 502 Stella Dr. Madison 35758

I have a blog. 502stellaaa | Lots of work to be done…

Feel free to walk on in, if you'd like.

Now I don't have a historically significant house and I am already as open as possible with my home and my care for it. So I have no problem when people slow down or walk up and ask questions. Some days, yes it can get in the way of work, but I am always polite and conversational.

These people clearly aren't. You don't buy a house in Twickingham or Old Town and yell at people when they stop or take photos, I LOVE walking in those areas and the folks out in front of their homes are proud and usually VERY polite. As I would be if I lived in a home that received attention.

Now of course their neighborhood is absolutely terrible and it would almost be better if the house were moved by Don Kennedy and put in 5pts or Old Town somewhere, but that is hardly an excuse for the stories I have heard about them.

And I know you weren't being rude and I am not trying to be either, but those people who live there have brought most of this on themselves.

Old 06-24-2013, 09:54 PM

308 posts, read 452,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Dave View Post
Well now to play devils advocate to you, 502 Stella Dr. Madison 35758

I have a blog. 502stellaaa | Lots of work to be done…

Feel free to walk on in, if you'd like.

Now I don't have a historically significant house and I am already as open as possible with my home and my care for it. So I have no problem when people slow down or walk up and ask questions. Some days, yes it can get in the way of work, but I am always polite and conversational.

These people clearly aren't. You don't buy a house in Twickingham or Old Town and yell at people when they stop or take photos, I LOVE walking in those areas and the folks out in front of their homes are proud and usually VERY polite. As I would be if I lived in a home that received attention.

Now of course their neighborhood is absolutely terrible and it would almost be better if the house were moved by Don Kennedy and put in 5pts or Old Town somewhere, but that is hardly an excuse for the stories I have heard about them.

And I know you weren't being rude and I am not trying to be either, but those people who live there have brought most of this on themselves.
I don't have a blog.
i don't publish my street address.
I do like my privacy, even if I was living in a "historically significant house", I would still prefer my privacy.
Some people like to buy such house for them selves, not for all the people that walk by and take pictures and ask annoying questions.
I understand that you like to walk in those areas, I do to, but I would never invade on the privacy of those house owners as with taking photos or asking questions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area