Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 04:50 PM

3 posts, read 27,071 times

Advertisements

I really wanna know more about this house. the women that live there now seem crazy to me! like I told leavin florida, I waved to her from our car and she sprayed me with her damn hose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2009, 05:01 PM

1 posts, read 5,714 times
My parents got married in the McCormick house in 1984. It was a single family residence then I believe. I was too young to remember what it looked like, but my mom told me that it was filled with antiques and was very nice. I think she knows a little more about the history of it but I can't remember if she told me anything specific. I'll have to ask her about it.

Old 08-06-2009, 09:15 PM

4 posts, read 31,106 times
DOUBT they would allow anyone to walk through it. they are crazy...my friends and i find this house extremely and have had some scary incidences.

Old 08-07-2009, 06:41 AM

168 posts, read 559,754 times
Maybe they are not crazy, but the problem lies with you!

Old 08-10-2009, 08:07 AM

3 posts, read 27,071 times
I can't imagine them allowing anyone to walk through their house if people can't even cruise by to just look at it.

Old 08-19-2009, 06:35 PM

1 posts, read 5,589 times
I read an article in the paper about how the house is haunted because someone used to lock up their mentally ill child and now she haunts the whole castle.i am absolutely thrilled by this place.ive always dreamed of living there!

Old 08-28-2009, 09:55 AM

4 posts, read 31,106 times
No. normal people dont spray water hoses at others when they try to give a friendly wave hello.

Old 11-01-2009, 04:32 PM

7 posts, read 41,439 times
Okay....so I signed up on here just to let everyone know about my experience with the people here....

Today, my wife and I were driving through the neighborhood because I wanted to show her this cool house that I heard was haunted. We drive up to the neighborhood stop sign in front of the house (public domain) and we see this woman in sun glasses watching us from behind one of the bushes in the front yard of the Kildare-McCormick house. We figure this is kind of strange, but whatever. Then she takes out her cell phone and starts taking pictures of us sitting at the stop sign in our car. Ooookay....anyway, we turn the corner and park in a small parking lot on the side of the road at a buliding that looks abandoned and not being used. We get out of the car to get a better look at the house from across the street. The woman moves from the bushes toward the edge of her front yard closest to us, still taking pictures of us with her cell phone. "Can I help you?" she says. I walk over and nicely say "yeah, actually, my wife and I were just driving through the neighborhood and wanted to know if you knew anything about this house. We heard it was haunted." She just looks at us for a moment, as if in disgust, and says "did you also know it's private property?" "Uh, well, we're not on the property, are we?" "I own that parking lot across the street that your car is parked on" "oh, okay, we'll move it." She then goes on to rant about how we need to get out of there. Bewildered, I ask why she's being so hostile (she was being incredibly, unexplainably hostile and ugly) She continues to rant about how we are disturbing the neighborhood and how it was wrong for us to be looking at the house from the street (public domain) and how she's sick of people coming by asking for a history lesson about the house. I'm thinking to myself, if this lady wasn't in her front yard, looking at us, taking pictures of us, approaching us, and then asking "Can I help you?" I never would have bothered to even politely ask her if she knew anything about the house. Anyway, by this point, she was being very confrontational and ugly like a rabid pit bull, so I just walked away. While I'm walking back to my car with my wife, she's still yelling and ranting at us. I can't even hear what she's saying at this point, so to stick it to her, I just hold my hand to my ear and say "I can't heaaaar youuuu", then get in the car and drive away.....as we drive off, she is still taking pictures of us with her cell phone.

Normal people do not act this way. Caution to all people who approach this house. An evil ***** lives there.

Old 11-02-2009, 07:13 AM

889 posts, read 2,397,924 times
Well now I'm curious. I'll have to drive by there again sometime soon. Maybe the lady has skeletons in the closet in there?

Old 11-02-2009, 07:49 AM

1,178 posts, read 2,837,430 times
This would make a great Stephen King novel. I am sure he could get a story plot in there - crazy lady, small town, haunted house, lost love ---- the imagination runs wild!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area