U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 08:44 PM

394 posts, read 523,948 times

Advertisements

Here are some pictures I took of the House a few years back.

McCormick House#
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2010, 09:19 PM

1,351 posts, read 2,986,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMadHatter View Post
Here are some pictures I took of the House a few years back.

McCormick House#

And you lived to...post?!
You can see her in 5/15 behind the drapes.

Old 09-09-2010, 01:05 PM

4,925 posts, read 9,788,469 times
Neat old house. I couldn't help thinking looking at it..."My gosh, the upkeep that thing must take! (...and needs!)

Is that a realtors' lockbox on the front door in picture #11?

Old 09-09-2010, 02:14 PM

394 posts, read 523,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinem View Post
Is that a realtors' lockbox on the front door in picture #11?
Yes, these were taken in 2007. The house was for sale at the time. I believe they were asking around 400k if I remember correctly.

Old 09-10-2010, 08:20 AM

143 posts, read 312,902 times
New owners, new attitute...
I originally moved to HSV in the late 80's and remember stopping there with my parents after church one day shortly after we moved. The owners at the time were an older couple and very nice and even allowed us in the house for a brief tour. I was maybe 9 or10 at the time so I don't remember too much other that it being really really cool looking on the inside as well and my mom telling me it was rude to keep asking about ghosts.

Old 10-12-2010, 07:58 PM

5 posts, read 15,145 times
I'm so glad other people have had this experience. I'm only 16 years old, but I saw the house from the street and was intrigued. I'm a photographer (even have done work for Huntsville Event mag), so of course I wanted to ask about possible photo ops. I didn't think anyone lived in the house, but I did notice a car in the driveway so I wrote a polite note asking how much they would charge for photos. As I was finishing, a convertible with two women in it (one of them looking like Dolly Parton, mind you) pulled up to the house. I approached them, politely introduced myself, and asked about charges for photos and the older woman went off on a fully-blown tirade as Dolly Parton sat and watched. All I did was take a few steps onto my lawn, but apparently that's illegal and she said she'd report me to the police. She yelled at me until I was literally sobbing... I had no idea what to do! I didn't mean any harm. Thankfully another woman had stopped to admire the place and she was incredibly comforting, but the lady chewed her out as well for having her tire partly in the grass across the street ("her property", apparently). I was terrified... this woman needs mental help.

Old 10-13-2010, 04:05 AM

567 posts, read 1,556,253 times
Sounds like a fun Sunday afternoon trip of site seeing in my future.

Old 10-19-2010, 05:39 PM

I had to run an errend close by so I checked the house out...No trespassing signs everywhere...I passed by twice real slow and no one with hose in the trees.

Old 10-19-2010, 09:42 PM

848 posts, read 2,065,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarges Dad View Post
I had to run an errend close by so I checked the house out...No trespassing signs everywhere...I passed by twice real slow and no one with hose in the trees.
Not this time maybe. But rest assured if you drive by enough, you'll get hosed or at least flash light blast in your eyes from an upstairs window.

Old 10-20-2010, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deesonic View Post
Not this time maybe. But rest assured if you drive by enough, you'll get hosed or at least flash light blast in your eyes from an upstairs window.
LOL...I will go by again when I am in the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area