U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 08:25 AM

1,351 posts, read 2,986,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deesonic View Post
Not this time maybe. But rest assured if you drive by enough, you'll get hosed or at least flash light blast in your eyes from an upstairs window.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarges Dad View Post
LOL...I will go by again when I am in the area.

Chicka chicka boom boom,
Skit skat doodle doot,
Dare double dare,
You go trick or treat instead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2010, 06:33 PM

567 posts, read 1,556,101 times
Went by again today...Nothing.

Old 10-21-2010, 10:05 AM

4,745 posts, read 6,138,656 times
I wonder if this owner has any idea of the curiosity she has aroused in so many people. Perhaps she likes the attention we are all giving her!

Old 10-24-2010, 08:04 PM

1 posts, read 2,569 times
My friend was there doing photography once, because she was amazed by how beautiful the place was. This insane lady who lived there yelled at her for TEN MINUTES, calling her retarded and other obscene words, just because she was on the lawn. So we decided to do a little drive-by today, just so she could show us the house. We passed once, then turned around to leave. When we were driving passed, a SPOTLIGHT turned on from one of the windows, shining right at us. It freaked us out pretty bad, but my friends weren't satisfied. They wanted to drive by AGAIN. So we drove past the house again, and one of my friends swore she saw an old lady on the front porch holding a garden hose. We drove down the block a little, and asked a man in his front yard about the lady. All he had to say was that she was "not normal". So we had to drive by AGAIN to go home; this time, while we were passing, this lady comes out from behind the bushes and SPRAYS US with a hose!!! She had the most insane look on her face, and we got the life scared out of us! A warning to all who go to that house: something WILL happen...she always watches.

Old 10-27-2010, 11:24 AM

1 posts, read 2,501 times
We went there Saturday to take a picture and see if the crazy lady rumors were true. We were able to take a picture of the left side of the house from our car, so we drove up a little bit to try to get a front view... As soon as we were able to see down the walkway to the porch, I noticed a black car parked in front, then saw a lady standing on the porch watching us. She screamed "This is private property, you are not welcomed or allowed to trespass or take pictures."
Taken aback, I drove up some more to put the hedges between me and her so she couldn't see me. I was about to take a picture, but suddenly she came from around the hedges, running at me with a rock in her hand and screamed "I said no!" and she threw the rock at our car. I peeled off!
I was tempted to call the police and report an attempted vandalism, but decided to let it rest.
Legally, we weren't trespassing, and there are no laws about taking pictures of private property. I work at a TV station, and we shoot private property every day and put it all over the air... Most owners definitely do not welcome that!
If anything she was breaking the law by throwing a rock at us.

Does she stand there on the porch every day all day just waiting for people to drive by?

Old 10-27-2010, 11:41 AM

168 posts, read 500,988 times
Okay, in the cause of fairness, I have to add something here. I know someone who is familiar with this property. There is a feud going on between several parties, with this property being involved. I notice that there are several first-time posters in this thread. I have no way of knowing, but I hope the feud is not playing out here. Something else to keep in mind, this neighborhood has been plagued with illegal activities for years. The owners of the various properties may be hypersensitive to traffic. I don't know if any of this is coming into play here, but I would think it may be a possibility. Just keep this in mind.

Old 10-28-2010, 09:13 PM

2 posts, read 5,408 times
Same thing happened to my wife and I. We were in the area and decided to drive by to see the house last year- when we pulled up to the house a man started yelling at us from the porch that we can't take pictures of his house. I of course took 2 more pictures before we pulled off.. The road is city property, so I'm not trespassing there. But what a jerk!

Old 11-09-2010, 05:45 PM

5 posts, read 14,985 times
Tried to drive by but some women in lingerie ran out with a signal / survival mirror and kep blindling me. I was across the street, 30 feet or more from the property. What is with the mirror flashing women? Has anyone trie dot get her any help? She was screaming about people taking pictures and selling them and how it was her money and how people couldn't look at her historic house, and how driving on the public street was illegal and on and all. I had to leave the area because I did not know if she would attack or had any weapon beyond her blinding lights. WTF?

Old 11-09-2010, 05:58 PM

The Huntsville Mental Health center's # is 256-533-1970. Unless enough people report her actions, she won't get the mental health care that it appears she needs. I hope she gets help; I think she willl hurt someone.

Old 11-09-2010, 06:03 PM

Default Signal mirrora and blinding lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by syd523 View Post
No. normal people dont spray water hoses at others when they try to give a friendly wave hello.
Hoses? I get blinded by a signal or survival mirror. Brightest light I have ever seen and I was in a car, yards from her property.

She started screaming and running around in bedclothes. Something ain't right and I dont' think she is just pretending to get the price up as some kind of haunted house.

I called the Mental health center at 256-533-1970 but I doubt they can do much until more people report strange behavior from the resident. I really hope she gets the medical care needed. What a shame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area