U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2010, 06:05 PM

5 posts, read 14,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by syd523 View Post
The other night (halloween night actually) me and a few friends decided to drive by and see if anything would happen. The first time we drove by, we didnt stop or anything. We just simply drove by....the immediately shown a spot light on us from the top window and followed us with it down the street. Do they do this to every one who drives by? So then we decide to drive back by and see if anything would happen. We stop at the stop sign (public domain, as that guy said) and wait for a few minutes. nothing happened. So we continue to drive by. As soon as we approached the sidewalk that leads up to the house, a woman pops out with a water hose and is spraying our car! she was on a cell phone. We decided to drive by one more time because it was so hilarious. When we approached to sidewalk for the third time, we stopped the car and she ran out with the waterhose again. While she was spraying our car( only feet way from our car) my friend screamed "you cant get mee!!!" and turned her windshield wipers on high. We finally decided to leave her alone. We are so interested in this house! Maybe they wouldnt have so many people driving by if she didnt make it so fun.

I think it isn't a game. I how she gets medical help before it escalates to someone getting harmed. Please call the Mental health center at 256-533-1990 if you see her acting oddly or dangerous to herself or anyone. It appears to be a serious medical condition
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2010, 07:45 PM

5 posts, read 14,979 times
Unhappy call mental health dept at 256-533-1970

I seems this woman needs help. If enough people call the MHC at 256-533-1990 perhaps she will get the medical care she needs, which all might help get the house preservated or at least the deterioration stopped.

Taking pictures is not harassing her and is perfectly legal. Blinding drivers and hosing people is illegal and someone may get harmed. She may not be able to take care of herself, who knows what s going one-- but someone should do a professional assessment to ensure that all is ok and she has whatever level of care she needs. I don't want anyone to suffer needlessly.

Old 11-09-2010, 08:11 PM

848 posts, read 2,063,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by inc123 View Post
I seems this woman needs help. If enough people call the MHC at 256-533-1990 perhaps she will get the medical care she needs, which all might help get the house preservated or at least the deterioration stopped.
So calling the WHNT Time & Temp number will help this lady?

Old 11-10-2010, 10:55 AM

4,925 posts, read 9,778,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deesonic View Post
So calling the WHNT Time & Temp number will help this lady?
That tickled me, because that's what I thought as well...so I called it just to see...

...first call--"this number has been disconnected". Aha!, I thought...someone is having some fun with us besides the lady in the house.

So I redialed, you know, just to make sure. This time..."Hello, mental health center."

Seems to be their number.

Old 11-10-2010, 05:35 PM

4,740 posts, read 6,131,839 times
This housing episode and its owner have given me many laughs.

Old 11-22-2010, 09:38 AM

33 posts, read 53,699 times
I drove by there Saturday, did not know the history "till I went by. Never knwe about the house, just saw it off the main road & went by did not stop, until: the crazy woman came out & acted like she was going to throw a rock at my car.
I simply got out, and told her if she hit my car with a rock I was going to stomp a mudhole in her A$$.
No rock thrown, very simple. & I would have stomped a mudhole in her A$$, & most likely would not have stopped there. Am I more crazy than her? Most likely.

Old 11-23-2010, 08:37 AM

5 posts, read 15,133 times
Turns out her name is Delilah, and she's an antique dealer. My newspaper teacher knows her and she's apparently really unstable. Anyways, we re-wrote the song Hey There Delilah to fit her wondrous personality.

Hey there Delilah
What's it like in your creepy mansion?
I'm just across the street at Lumpkin’s
But girl, tonight you look so evil
Yes you do
Spotlights can't shine as bright as you
I swear it's true

Hey there Delilah
Don't you worry about the children
Yes, they’re staring at your house
But I don’t think they plan to rob it
Turn off your hose
Listen to my voice, I’m gonna cry
You scarred me for life

Oh it's what you throw at me
What you throw at me

Hey there Delilah
It’s no crime to take a picture
And just believe me, girl
Someday the men in white coats will take you away
We'll have it good
We'll have the photos we knew we would
You ain’t no good

Hey there Delilah
I've got so much left to say
I think you need a lot of therapy
And maybe a trip to church
You need Jesus
And a double dose of Prozac
Go get some help

Oh it's what you spray at me

What you spray at me

Across the street seems pretty far
But we've got cameras and cell phones and cars
You'd trespass through yards since you had no other way
Our friends would all make fun of you
but you’ll evilly cackle along because you know
That none of us have felt this crazay
Delilah I can promise you
That by the time we get through
Kildare Street will never ever be the same
And you're to blame

Hey there Delilah
You be demented and don't you miss me
A few more years and you'll be dead
And I'll be taking photos like I do
You'll know it's not because of you
We can do whatever we want to
Hey there Delilah here's to you
This one's for you

Oh it's what you roar at me
What you roar at me

Old 11-23-2010, 01:56 PM

12,446 posts, read 10,897,061 times
Why not just leave the woman alone if you know she has problems.

Old 11-24-2010, 07:35 AM

33 posts, read 53,699 times
Leaving her alone will be OK 'till she rocks a car from a street gang or someone who don't give a rat's butt, then it may be too late. I have reported her to the authorities.

Old 11-24-2010, 09:38 AM

339 posts, read 1,050,752 times
I might move out of state - but I'll always come back to read this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area