Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2015, 03:37 PM

396 posts, read 664,849 times

Advertisements

Any experience with PayPal?

I got a past due notice from PayPal Credit that surprised me. It was way past due and I had no idea.

I must confess I'm not sure how PayPal works but I plan to avoid it (pretty much as I have been doing).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2015, 03:43 PM

944 posts, read 1,186,065 times
Past Due? Do you have a PayPal credit card? Log on to your account, not from any link - check status

Old 08-28-2015, 03:48 PM

3,507 posts, read 764,084 times
love paypal .. been using them for 10 or more years .. never an issue ..

Old 08-28-2015, 08:29 PM

I don't have a paypal credit card. How, exactly does pp work?

Old 08-28-2015, 09:01 PM

944 posts, read 1,186,065 times
Ok, then the past due notice is fake and a phishing effort to gather your information.

PayPal is simple and easy to use - mine is a business one, connected to my bank acct, I can receive and send money all over the world for a lower fee than any bank. You can use it to pay on eBay (no longer same company) - set up recurring payments etc. When I get in a payment from an agency, say in Germany, I get the payment immediately, and I can transfer to my bank account at no charge.

Old 08-29-2015, 08:22 AM

3,881 posts, read 4,125,092 times
You don't always have to have one of their credit cards to get that bill tho. Sometimes, if you purchase thru Paypal they will offer you to pay for it later and if you click that.. you will get a bill. I do think you would have to have a paypal acct to be able to do that tho. I used the pay later (or in installments, can't recall) once and it was strange.. I had to search out where to pay it and how because I never received anything in the mail or email about when or how to pay. Fortunately, I figured it out. Had I waited for something from them, it def would have been late because I never did get anything. Did you get this in your email or reg mail? Like Becky said.. if it's in your email, it's prob a phishing scam. Usually you will know a fake Paypal email because it won't have your first name. At least, that's how it used to be.
Aside from that Paypal's been great for making payments or receiving payments online.

Old 08-29-2015, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by writerwife View Post
You don't always have to have one of their credit cards to get that bill tho. Sometimes, if you purchase thru Paypal they will offer you to pay for it later and if you click that.. you will get a bill. I do think you would have to have a paypal acct to be able to do that tho. I used the pay later (or in installments, can't recall) once and it was strange.. I had to search out where to pay it and how because I never received anything in the mail or email about when or how to pay. Fortunately, I figured it out. Had I waited for something from them, it def would have been late because I never did get anything. Did you get this in your email or reg mail? Like Becky said.. if it's in your email, it's prob a phishing scam. Usually you will know a fake Paypal email because it won't have your first name. At least, that's how it used to be.
Aside from that Paypal's been great for making payments or receiving payments online.
Thanks so much. Your response was quite helpful. I have a pp account and got the notice through the mail. This was some kind of pay later thing I must have signed up for. I never knew I was past due because I distrusted emais fro pp knowing they well could be pfishing scams.

I'm going to monthly check my pp account from now on. I seldom use pp and don't plan to use it unless I have to.

Old 09-03-2015, 09:11 AM

170 posts, read 140,267 times
PayPal used to be an intermediary for using your credit card to pay people who could not normally accept credit cards.

Then PayPal wanted to get in on the credit game and offer credit themselves. You have to watch out because they are constantly pushing their credit services instead of you using your credit card. If you don't watch what you are doing you might pay using their credit service rather than your checking account or credit card.

Old 09-09-2015, 10:50 AM

776 posts, read 745,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denofhc View Post
Any experience with PayPal?

I got a past due notice from PayPal Credit that surprised me. It was way past due and I had no idea.

I must confess I'm not sure how PayPal works but I plan to avoid it (pretty much as I have been doing).
I have a PP Credit account. Do you shop on eBay? Sometimes when you checkout they push the PP Credit option and it possible to select it without knowing. If you are approved it will process just like any other payment rather quickly.

Old 09-09-2015, 01:44 PM

I have shopped on eBay and I think that is how I got entwined with PayPal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area