Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2015, 07:19 AM

2,513 posts, read 2,789,263 times

Advertisements

Not sure if I can post it, but here is a facebook post from the Madison police page about looking for this person who stole a package off the front porch. The residents security camera caught it all:

https://www.facebook.com/78572977150...4441/?fref=nf#

What strikes me as most interesting is that how hard is it for UPS/Fedex/USPS to put the packages behind a bush? Behind a column? I'm lucky that my front door sits back away some from the front porch, so its dark and hard from the street to see if something is at the door. However, I have two large columns that putting a package behind would be almost impossible to see from the street. But none of the carriers take the time to do it.

Then if the package requires signature, they all come during regular work hours when no one is home, requiring me to go to UPS, Fedex, or the post office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2015, 07:29 AM

12,386 posts, read 8,146,609 times
The entire industry is overwhelmed now and it is quicker to just toss and leave and go on to the next delivery. No service is being judged by the shipper on how they leave a package so time is the only factor the delivery person, no matter what service he works for, cares about

Old 12-10-2015, 07:46 AM

2,513 posts, read 2,789,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
The entire industry is overwhelmed now and it is quicker to just toss and leave and go on to the next delivery. No service is being judged by the shipper on how they leave a package so time is the only factor the delivery person, no matter what service he works for, cares about
This is not just an issue at Christmas time. Even my father complained about this issue down in Florida. Years ago they'd leave the package behind a big potted plant on the front porch. Now they just leave it on the door step for everyone to see. I guess the carriers would rather pay out insurance for an undelivered or lost or stolen package than have the delivery folks take a few seconds to put the package out of plain sight.

Old 12-10-2015, 09:33 AM

1,782 posts, read 3,278,485 times
Luckily no one has tried to steal any parts, but whomever would try will be disappointed when its just worthless car parts.

Old 12-10-2015, 10:08 AM

3,863 posts, read 6,295,535 times
OP, can you have your packages delivered to your workplace instead?

Old 12-10-2015, 10:30 AM

266 posts, read 396,790 times
A lot of companies will not allow you to deliver personal goods at a place of business. It has been at least 15 years since I worked anywhere that allowed personal goods to be delivered to work. I suspect this is more true for building that have cleared employees.

Also all companies open packages at recieving. So make sure you don't deliver your sex toys to your work.

Old 12-10-2015, 12:05 PM

3,881 posts, read 4,125,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Dave View Post
Luckily no one has tried to steal any parts, but whomever would try will be disappointed when its just worthless car parts.
Haha.. I've had to buy car parts before... Worthless???? I think not!!!

I would suggest that anyone that DOES get packages stolen check on Ebay and Craigslist too.

Old 12-10-2015, 02:30 PM

944 posts, read 1,186,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Dave View Post

Chuckle - "worthless car parts?" How come they cost so much when you need them then?

Bwahahahahaah: Writerwife, I just read yours!!

Old 12-10-2015, 03:13 PM

1,782 posts, read 3,278,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by writerwife View Post
Haha.. I've had to buy car parts before... Worthless???? I think not!!!

I would suggest that anyone that DOES get packages stolen check on Ebay and Craigslist too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky2517 View Post
Chuckle - "worthless car parts?" How come they cost so much when you need them then?

Bwahahahahaah: Writerwife, I just read yours!!
I doubt either of you need a catalytic converter for an old Porsche.

I get 99% of client parts locally on the same day I need them.

Hopefully my delivery guy doesn't get mugged from my driveway to my garage!

Old 12-10-2015, 04:16 PM

4,739 posts, read 10,438,277 times
NoleFanHSV - thank you for posting the MPD Facebook link - that video is simultaneously scary and hilarious. The security camera video is awesome - the security company can make an ad out of this if the bad guy gets caught. Hope the police catch that SOB.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area