Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2016, 11:02 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,594,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy2017 View Post
Hi ,
I do not know if this post is appropriate or not however,
I feel absolutely terrible for passing a stopped bus this morning. *I believe this is bus 08-38 (heritage).

I just moved into an apartment complex this past weekend... little did i know that my apartment would be directly in front a school bus stop (around 25+ kids). This morning, i went out to my car to find a school bus outside waiting for kids with the stop sign up. I walked to my car and scratched off some of the thick frost from my car, got into my vehicle and slowly proceeded to maneuver out of my parking spot so that i could go once the bus was done waiting. *after waiting a couple of minutes i noticed the bus door close (which i always assumed the door and the stop sign worked together) and i also did not notice any more flashing red lights thus, i proceeded to drive forward... BIG MISTAKE! the only reason i can think of is that i did not do a very good job deicing my windows (using a credit card) because the bus driver honked their horn at me (in a panic, while still moving forward) i looked to the left in horror to find that the stop sign was still there and blinking (talk about embarrassing!) at this point i was 3/4ths of the way past the entire bus (Everything seemed to happen so fast), my heart sunk to the bottom of my stomach which led to a lapse in judgment as i continued ***I SHOULD OF STOPPED! - I am sooo sorry!... not only to the driver, but to the kids, and the parents! Thank the heavens that nothing unspeakable happened!

At this point i have called the bus garage (256-859-9447) to apologize and was reassured that if it was an accident that it would be ok... but i do not know if the apology will reach the bus driver nor do i feel the call will be sufficient enough for the kids/parents. At this point the only thing i can think to do is to wait for the bus tomorrow morning so i can apologize in person - but i don’t know if this will help - or only make matters worse... besides i am unaware if this is even allowed .

Any advice would be appreciated!
Thanks for your time!
Jeremy
God bless you for apologizing. I would feel the same way and do exactly what you did. I also would probably talk to the bus driver one morning and apologize. They probably would appreciate it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2016, 06:33 PM

483 posts, read 630,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southlander View Post
Should have, not should of.
Well that's certainly helpful.

I agree with the idea of an apology to the bus driver. I'm sure he/she would appreciate it. A little humility and asking forgiveness can go a long way.

Old 01-14-2016, 09:45 AM

626 posts, read 754,300 times
If a cop did not come after you, then the bus driver saw nothing wrong. I once was behind a car that tried to treat the bus stop sign like a red light and "ran it" at the very last second. A few moments later a cop was weaving in and out of traffic and caught the guy.

Old 01-14-2016, 10:00 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,825,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy2017
At this point i have called the bus garage (256-859-9447) to apologize and was reassured that if it was an accident that it would be ok...
Ahhhh Jeremy you are sweet!!!!

I think I would call too and apologise!!!!!

I hope nothing bad comes of this.. Alot of times when a car passes a bus with the stop sign out,they report the license #....

Welcome to city-data

Old 01-14-2016, 10:04 AM

1,716 posts, read 2,034,198 times
Good for you for taking responsibility. Be glad you didn't kill anyone and use an ice scrapper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area