Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2016, 08:14 PM

1,038 posts, read 1,336,985 times

Advertisements

Go to Birmingham and have a day of lunch and rug shopping. Why? So as to visit Southeastern Salvage. Their rug and carpet selection is fantastic, with the most diverse types and style and designs. Mostly a wool selection and the prices can be very high, but the inventory is large enough that there are always great buys. I have often walked out paying half what I was targeting because their inventory does reflect the full range.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2016, 09:10 PM

1,614 posts, read 2,300,850 times
No need to go to B'ham for Southeastern Salvage. There's one here in HSV and we've bought 2 rugs there. Great selection & prices. Another vote for HomeGoods as well. You just have to go frequently to see what they have.

Also, Hammers in Winchester can have some good rugs. I bought my dining room rug there....it's a Nourisan and I think I paid $400 for it...8x10.

Old 02-11-2016, 09:29 PM

414 posts, read 400,351 times
Maybe the B'ham location has a larger selection. I did not see much at the Southeastern Salvage in in town. Also, Winchester is new to me. I looked it up and am supposing it is in TN about an hour or so away . and Hammer's - how many years since I have been there! I'd forgotten about that store. I like even just browsing there.

Old 02-12-2016, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emptynester1 View Post
Maybe the B'ham location has a larger selection. I did not see much at the Southeastern Salvage in in town. Also, Winchester is new to me. I looked it up and am supposing it is in TN about an hour or so away . and Hammer's - how many years since I have been there! I'd forgotten about that store. I like even just browsing there.
Yes, I'm
Referring to Hammers in Winchester, TN.

The times I've been at the HSV Sourheastern Salvage, they've had a good selection of rugs. But all the places I mentioned ( Hammers, SS, HomeGoods) are all hit or miss type places. Depends on what day you go & when their latest shipment of stuff came in. But it's always fun to look!

Old 02-12-2016, 01:14 PM

944 posts, read 1,186,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southlander View Post
Most retailers shipping to Alabama charge at least the 4% state sales tax.

Not all, only some...my last purchase from Overstock had free shipping, coupon savings & I had points to use, so my $500 rug ended up costing $230 Amazon doesn't either - I do very little In Store shopping, and if I do, it is only to look at the product, then I go out and search for the best price I make advantage of their memberships, so always have free shipping

Old 02-15-2016, 08:35 AM

51 posts, read 54,892 times
You should go to Maples rugs in downtown Scottsboro. Maples is a nearby factory that produces rugs for a lot of major retailers and they have a misprint/irregulars storefront on the downtown square in Scottsboro. All the rugs are SUPER cheap. And the 'irregularities' are often unnoticeable, in my experience. My wife and I have purchased at least a half dozen rugs there. You'll be hard pressed to spend more than a hundred bucks on anything. It's crazy.

Old 02-15-2016, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollorockit View Post
You should go to Maples rugs in downtown Scottsboro. Maples is a nearby factory that produces rugs for a lot of major retailers and they have a misprint/irregulars storefront on the downtown square in Scottsboro. All the rugs are SUPER cheap. And the 'irregularities' are often unnoticeable, in my experience. My wife and I have purchased at least a half dozen rugs there. You'll be hard pressed to spend more than a hundred bucks on anything. It's crazy.
Do they have many oversized rugs? I need a 10x13 for our family room...would really like 11x15. I'm finding that those sizes are hard to find unless you buy online or do a custom order.

Old 02-15-2016, 09:22 AM

51 posts, read 54,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN2HSV View Post
Do they have many oversized rugs? I need a 10x13 for our family room...would really like 11x15. I'm finding that those sizes are hard to find unless you buy online or do a custom order.
Yeah they have some very large options.

Old 02-15-2016, 05:03 PM

3,297 posts, read 6,266,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apollorockit View Post
Do they have outdoor rugs?

BTW TN2HSV...got to check out Southeastern Salvage. Holy cow! But you have to get what you want right then....I know a couple of builders that are buying up tile, fixtures, ect. from them.

Old 02-15-2016, 07:33 PM

1,038 posts, read 1,336,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN2HSV View Post
A large amount of Southeastern's inventory is in this size range.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area