Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2017, 06:47 AM

2,994 posts, read 3,574,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherBravesFan View Post
In front of the Planet Fitness, NW corner of Wall-Triana Hwy and Hwy 72. Address is 8042 Hwy 72, Madison.

Woohoo! I've been waiting 8 years!

There is another location planned on University Dr and Providence, the vacant lot next to CVS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2017, 12:58 PM

1,977 posts, read 4,205,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AU HSV View Post
There is another location planned on University Dr and Providence, the vacant lot next to CVS
Great, maybe the location closer to me will be less crowded.

Old 08-08-2017, 03:46 PM

764 posts, read 1,107,967 times
Quote:
They and any business will not be able to build on that lot because there are deed restrictions for that property (and all of the land before Indian Creek) to be only residential. The history is that back in the early 1960's when that location was a rural area miles from any commercial development, a subdivision was created called Beasley Acres, the majority of which still exists across University accessed be Springhill Dr. There were actually single family homes on this land you are speaking of as well as where the CVS is and the abandoned houses across University Dr. When the CVS was being built, the Beasley Acres Homeowners Association filed a lawsuit citing the deed restrictions since these lots were all a part of their subdivision. The suit went all the way to the Alabama Supreme Court and they ruled that while there isn't zoning in the unincorporated county areas, deed restrictions are still valid and commercial development can not take place when the deed restriction states residential. They also ruled that the CVS would be grandfathered in because the building was already built, but the remaining land had to remain residential.

In summary, most of the houses you see along University which have neighborhoods behind them have these same deed restrictions and will likely never be converted to commercial uses. There is another group of houses west of Slaughter Rd. on the south side that is in the same situation

Old 08-08-2017, 03:52 PM

609 posts, read 528,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David1502 View Post
They and any business will not be able to build on that lot because there are deed restrictions for that property (and all of the land before Indian Creek) to be only residential. The history is that back in the early 1960's when that location was a rural area miles from any commercial development, a subdivision was created called Beasley Acres, the majority of which still exists across University accessed be Springhill Dr. There were actually single family homes on this land you are speaking of as well as where the CVS is and the abandoned houses across University Dr. When the CVS was being built, the Beasley Acres Homeowners Association filed a lawsuit citing the deed restrictions since these lots were all a part of their subdivision. The suit went all the way to the Alabama Supreme Court and they ruled that while there isn't zoning in the unincorporated county areas, deed restrictions are still valid and commercial development can not take place when the deed restriction states residential. They also ruled that the CVS would be grandfathered in because the building was already built, but the remaining land had to remain residential.

In summary, most of the houses you see along University which have neighborhoods behind them have these same deed restrictions and will likely never be converted to commercial uses. There is another group of houses west of Slaughter Rd. on the south side that is in the same situation
I've seen this posted before, but they are currently clearing that land as if in preparation to build something. There's a sign up too, but I haven't noticed what it says. I'll look next time I drive by there.

Old 08-08-2017, 05:16 PM

2,994 posts, read 3,574,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preston3124 View Post
I've seen this posted before, but they are currently clearing that land as if in preparation to build something. There's a sign up too, but I haven't noticed what it says. I'll look next time I drive by there.
it will be Discount Tire, 6632 University (US 72) Dr.

Old 08-08-2017, 06:14 PM

12,960 posts, read 9,473,611 times
Quote:
it will be Discount Tire, 6632 University (US 72) Dr.
Why are they building two relatively close together? Looks like they'd go to south Huntsville, Hwy 20, or something similar.

Old 08-08-2017, 06:33 PM

1,977 posts, read 4,205,559 times
Lots of their locations in other states are in relatively close proximity to each other. I'm sure they've done lots of market research and know what they're doing...

Old 08-09-2017, 05:21 AM

8,742 posts, read 12,952,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
Does it matter????
Just saying. I'd think most like to support business that share their values.

Old 08-09-2017, 12:37 PM

226 posts, read 388,419 times
What is the tallest building in downtown Huntsville? I read today that Birmingham is getting two new 17-story buildings. Just curious; ours couldn't be much taller than that.

Old 08-09-2017, 02:20 PM

12,960 posts, read 9,473,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonMike View Post
What is the tallest building in downtown Huntsville? I read today that Birmingham is getting two new 17-story buildings. Just curious; ours couldn't be much taller than that.
12 stories I think is the tallest here. There are a couple of buildings downtown that are that high. Basically, we have no high rises in the city. It's a shame ... looks like a town of about 25,000.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area