Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2016, 10:23 AM

36 posts, read 40,165 times

Advertisements

Ok,

After the Madison HS thread, I think we are open to both HS's. So with that said, what are some recs for neighborhoods? Our budget is $400 to $500k with around 3500 sqft and a lot to eventually out in a pool. I think we are leaning towards a new build as they will be more efficient, etc. We are also open to potentially buying a lot and doing a custom home... We've heard great things about Berry Phillips and I think he has some lots in Clairwater (is that he name of the community)... Any thoughts?

Also sorry for the multiple threads/ questions. Trying to do this long distance is tough!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2016, 02:44 PM

1,614 posts, read 2,299,732 times
There are some lots available in the back of Waterford, and I think Barry Phillips has built in there. Nice neighborhood, part of the Heritage Plantation "family" of neighborhoods.

As far as neighborhoods with new builds in that range....Crown Pointe (Jeff Benton)...I think you mentioned them already. Great builder (I live in a Benton home myself in your price range but my neighborhood just sold out). I think the lots in Crown Pointe, at least some, would be plenty big to add a family pool later, plus there's a community pool in the meantime.

I would also look at Foxfiled, off Balch Road. That's Woodland Homes. Beautiful neighborhood and you could get in there for your price range, but probably at the top of it if you want to keep it at $500k.

Another neighborhood that's just getting going on the west side is Moore's Creek (Stoneridge Homes). That's squarely in your price range and I think the lots are large enough for a pool in the back yard. But it's a brand new neighborhood, so there will be lots & lots of construction & mess for some time, so consider that. They built a beautiful home, too.

All 3 of these....Jeff Benton, Woodland, & Stoneridge, have websites with tons of information.

And....if you aren't dead set on new construction, there's always a number of homes for sale in Waterford and Cambridge...in your size & price range. And those are very desirable neighborhoods.

Hope that helps!

Old 08-06-2016, 11:57 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,863,170 times
There's room for another double-wide next to mine.

Old 08-08-2016, 12:08 PM

609 posts, read 528,901 times
Default Valley MLS

You can start by going to HAAR | Valley MLS and typing in 35758 as the zip code and $400,000 to $500,000 as your price range. I just did and it returned 31 properties. Some of those are just raw land though. You can filter those out by checking Single Family under Property Type. Doing that returns 26 properties. Seems to be a pretty good mix between Bob Jones and James Clemens districts.

Never trust the school districts on the property listing however. Always verify it for yourself before purchasing a home.

Another disclaimer- there are also some homes in the Madison City school district that are not in the 35758 zip code, but this search will catch most of them I think.

Old 08-08-2016, 01:03 PM

154 posts, read 158,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
There's room for another double-wide next to mine.
Good idea but likely out of their budget.

Old 08-08-2016, 07:20 PM

1,977 posts, read 4,205,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preston3124 View Post
You can start by going to HAAR | Valley MLS and typing in 35758 as the zip code and $400,000 to $500,000 as your price range. I just did and it returned 31 properties. Some of those are just raw land though. You can filter those out by checking Single Family under Property Type. Doing that returns 26 properties. Seems to be a pretty good mix between Bob Jones and James Clemens districts.

Never trust the school districts on the property listing however. Always verify it for yourself before purchasing a home.

Another disclaimer- there are also some homes in the Madison City school district that are not in the 35758 zip code, but this search will catch most of them I think.
Most, if not all of Madison City to the west of CLR is 35756.

Old 08-09-2016, 12:09 PM

3,297 posts, read 6,262,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmrisko View Post
Most, if not all of Madison City to the west of CLR is 35756.
There is also properties in 35758 that are NOT in Madison city...I never recommend doing zip code searches if the schools are important.

Best to search by Bob Jones High or James Clemens if you want to make sure you are in Madison CITY.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
View detailed profiles of: