Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2016, 05:15 AM

5 posts, read 5,443 times

Advertisements

We're moving to Huntsville in a few months. I have a 4 year old and an 18 month old and need a full day daycare/preschool. Here is what is important to us:

1. Loving, caring, fun environment
2. Good academic curriculum and teachers
3. Convenient location. Not sure where we will live but we will be working at Research Park and maybe the Arsenal so near there would be good.
4. (Optional) Bible-based Christian curriculum

We've read other posts but appreciate any new insights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2016, 02:33 PM

12,960 posts, read 9,473,611 times
Both NASA and the Army have full-time daycare centers on the Arsenal. Not sure if you'd qualify to use them or not.

There's one at the NE corner of Research Park and Bradford. It was Primrose last time I looked (may have changed hands by now), but I'm fairly sure it's part of a chain. My grandchildren go to Primrose in the Atlanta 'burbs and it's a really good daycare. Not sure about this one.

Old 09-04-2016, 07:01 PM

152 posts, read 240,782 times
I've known some people who take their kids here, and they seemed happy with it. But that was like 4-5 years ago, so I don't know if anything has changed.

Two locations, both near Research Park.

http://covenantclassical.com/

Coog

Old 09-04-2016, 08:40 PM

1,614 posts, read 2,299,732 times
The Primrose School at NE corner of Research Park & Bradford is now Rainbow Child Care. They are both chains and the owner switched to Rainbow a couple of years ago. My son has attended this daycare/preschool since he was an infant and now he's 3.5 yrs old. No place is perfect, but I've been very pleased with this facility. They are militant about keeping things clean and they have a good preschool curriculum, IMO. And the staff is very nice. I would definitely recommend.

Old 09-08-2016, 03:28 PM

1,955 posts, read 1,758,135 times
Also at the corner of Research Park and Bradford is another preschool/daycare called Premier Preschool, which is also very good, slightly better even, in my opinion. My kids started at Primrose/Rainbow in 2009, but we left back in 2011 when I walked in at pickup and asked how my child was that day, and the teacher gave me a blank stare and literally told me she didn't realize my child was in attendance that day. (There were other things with that teacher but that was the last straw).

We went across the street to Premier the next day, and have been with Premier for the past 5 years. Primrose/Rainbow is very shiny and polished... but I've found that the head administrator at Premier has a knack for finding employees who really love children. Which was more important to me than the fancy entryway and stacks of workbooks. Every teacher at Premier has loved my children like they were their own.

Old 09-08-2016, 07:11 PM

43 posts, read 43,862 times
My kiddo did fine in the NASA daycare and the Redstone Arsenal youth services system. Madison City runs a decent summer care program at Dublin Park for school-aged kids, but it's hard to get into so be ready to stand in line or endlessly hit refresh on registration day. My neighbor liked Asbury as a part time preschool until their sweetie was ready for the real thing. Good luck!

Old 09-09-2016, 04:26 AM

300 posts, read 606,498 times
Another vote for Premier. No center is perfect, but we had a generally good experience with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
View detailed profiles of: