Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2016, 01:24 PM

1 posts, read 1,097 times

Advertisements

So I'll be moving to Huntsville very soon. I'm looking for any and all suggestions you have for places to live. Here are some relevant details:

I'll be working near Explorer BLVD NW / Bridge Street Town Centre. However, I'll be traveling a lot, so I'll be leaving my residence for weeks and even months at a time. Because of this, I don't want to spend much since it's more of a home-base than a daily living arrangement. So maybe a cheaper apartment is the way to go. I'm 29 and single, so nothing huge. My budget is flexible so I don't want to give an exact dollar amount. Let's just say that since I'll be traveling so much, let's stick to the lower range. But I don't want to be living in a dilapidated building either.

Any suggestions you have for someone in my situation would be helpful. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2016, 02:10 PM

138 posts, read 155,985 times
I would probably look in the Providence Area, Apartment Listings | Village of Providence. Providence Place is the newer of the apartments in the Providence area. I don't have recent apartment renting experience. I can tell you the apartments that have been around for ages in that area. I think you would like Providence because it has restaurants, other businesses, entertainment on the patio at the fountain, and it's not far at all from the area you are describing. A quick www.valleymls.com search for rental homes in that area came up with nothing. Because you could consider renting a townhouse or small home, too. Good luck and welcome to Huntsville!

Old 09-15-2016, 02:21 PM

609 posts, read 529,755 times
These are brand new and within walking distance to Bridge Street. I know you said cheap, but depending on where you are coming from you may consider these to fit that criteria. If you go too cheap you are probably not going to like where you are living. JMO

The Bridges in Research Park

Old 09-15-2016, 04:50 PM

2,513 posts, read 2,790,094 times
I lived in the Providence area and it was nice living there.

Old 09-15-2016, 11:10 PM

8,742 posts, read 12,962,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelScarnTLM View Post
So I'll be moving to Huntsville very soon. I'm looking for any and all suggestions you have for places to live. Here are some relevant details:

I'll be working near Explorer BLVD NW / Bridge Street Town Centre. However, I'll be traveling a lot, so I'll be leaving my residence for weeks and even months at a time. Because of this, I don't want to spend much since it's more of a home-base than a daily living arrangement. So maybe a cheaper apartment is the way to go. I'm 29 and single, so nothing huge. My budget is flexible so I don't want to give an exact dollar amount. Let's just say that since I'll be traveling so much, let's stick to the lower range. But I don't want to be living in a dilapidated building either.

Any suggestions you have for someone in my situation would be helpful. Thanks in advance.
You are single, that's more important to get a nice apartment.

You need to maintain an image of successful, confident, young professional who is going places in his life. Successful people are attracted to other successful people.

Don't go cheap.

Old 09-16-2016, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB2HSV View Post
You are single, that's more important to get a nice apartment.

You need to maintain an image of successful, confident, young professional who is going places in his life. Successful people are attracted to other successful people.

Don't go cheap.
Eh...I don't think I agree. I'd get a modest but safe place so that I could invest or save. The year before we purchased our house we looked at leaving vthe Paddock club to another nice apartment. Called various newlt built ones and price wise they were ridiculous.

Old 09-16-2016, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFanHSV View Post
Eh...I don't think I agree. I'd get a modest but safe place so that I could invest or save. The year before we purchased our house we looked at leaving vthe Paddock club to another nice apartment. Called various newlt built ones and price wise they were ridiculous.
I said a "nice" apartment but I did not say an outrageously expensive one.

You said "we", that means you've already found your mate. You can live in a trailer to save money with your mate. He is single.

Now I know you can find a mate in any economic level, I just think a young man needs to put his best foot forward.

Old 09-16-2016, 04:31 PM

Quote:
I said a "nice" apartment but I did not say an outrageously expensive one.

You said "we", that means you've already found your mate. You can live in a trailer to save money with your mate. He is single.

Now I know you can find a mate in any economic level, I just think a young man needs to put his best foot forward.
Even if I was single. When I was single and a young professional I lived on the cheap.

Some of the newer apartments are wanting 1000 plus for a one bedroom.

Old 09-16-2016, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFanHSV View Post
Even if I was single. When I was single and a young professional I lived on the cheap.

Some of the newer apartments are wanting 1000 plus for a one bedroom.
I can respect your decision.

Just want to provide a different point of view.

Old 09-16-2016, 11:11 PM

Quote:
I can respect your decision.

Just want to provide a different point of view.
Lol, it's all good. When I was living at tpc, there was a guy living there driving a 40k bimmer. He told me chicks could care less about where he lived, but did care about what he drove. More power to him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
View detailed profiles of: