Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2016, 04:49 PM

1,977 posts, read 4,207,414 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennhioland View Post
The plot of land on the west side of County Line, north of Lena Cain (in front of the Oxford subdivision) is shown as sold. Any idea what is happening there?
I saw a sign for a dentist office in that area, but not sure if it is the same plot you're referring to.

CLR is just begging for a mattress store. You may think I'm joking, but the nearest one is at least 5 minutes away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2016, 04:51 PM

1,977 posts, read 4,207,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonMike View Post
I heard the same thing, but I can't find anywhere to confirm it. We really need an uptick in sit-down restaurants on County Line, maybe that will start happening.
I've discussed w/ some neighbors about opening a casual brewpub beside the Sonic at the entrance to Cambridge. Mainly b/c we all just want a place that is within walking distance to grab a beer and good food.

Last edited by toosie; 12-12-2016 at 06:50 PM.. Reason: TOS - soliciting - deleted that one line

Old 12-12-2016, 05:32 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,874,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmrisko View Post
I've discussed w/ some neighbors about opening a casual brewpub beside the Sonic at the entrance to Cambridge. Mainly b/c we all just want a place that is within walking distance to grab a beer and good food.

Anyone want to help w/ the capital?
LOL - are you trying to get on an episode of "Bar Rescue?" Are you aware of the failure rate of that concept?

Old 12-12-2016, 06:32 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,874,952 times
Wait, I see you were talking about a "brewpub." Now, that's a bit different with the microbrew craze going on here. I thought you were talking about a strip mall "pub" concept.

Last edited by toosie; 12-12-2016 at 06:50 PM.. Reason: deleted quoted material

Old 12-12-2016, 09:13 PM

1,268 posts, read 2,057,094 times
Quote:
I saw a sign for a dentist office in that area, but not sure if it is the same plot you're referring to.
No, this is south of there in front of Oxford. The dentist office will be in front Ashbury.

Quote:
CLR is just begging for a mattress store. You may think I'm joking, but the nearest one is at least 5 minutes away.
The struggle is real.

Old 12-12-2016, 09:23 PM

8,742 posts, read 12,962,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maya Blue View Post
No, this is south of there in front of Oxford..
A perfect place for a Starbucks before heading to work in the morning!

Old 12-13-2016, 06:15 AM

226 posts, read 388,808 times
Quote:

Bedzzz Express is coming to the Hwy72/County Line Kroger shopping center. Congrats!

Old 12-13-2016, 06:20 AM

226 posts, read 388,808 times
Thumbs down "Bradford Creek" Shopping Center (Kroger Marketplace)

Bradford Creek is the name of the new Kroger Marketplace development @ the intersection of HWY72 & County Line Road. As of December 13, 2016, here are the tenants:

Outparcel 1: Regions Bank (Right next to the Kroger Fuel)
Outparcel 2: Tire Discounters (but there's another one of these proposed for Midtown Marketplace off Wall-Triana?)

Tenant 102: Bedzzz Express
Tenant 106: Cuts by Us
Tenant 108: Lee Nails and Spa

Old 12-13-2016, 07:12 AM

410 posts, read 696,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonMike View Post
Bradford Creek is the name of the new Kroger Marketplace development @ the intersection of HWY72 & County Line Road. As of December 13, 2016, here are the tenants:

Outparcel 1: Regions Bank (Right next to the Kroger Fuel)
Outparcel 2: Tire Discounters (but there's another one of these proposed for Midtown Marketplace off Wall-Triana?)

Tenant 102: Bedzzz Express
Tenant 106: Cuts by Us
Tenant 108: Lee Nails and Spa
Yes, very disappointing what they're bringing there. It must be illegal to open a shopping center without a nail place and mattress store.

Internet rumor...no idea if it's true, but a rumor that Bar Louie owners are looking to expand and this Kroger shopping center may be the location. The second stand alone building is shown as 10,000 sf, so maybe they'd occupy the whole thing. Anyway, it's a rumor I saw, and then a developer in the area confirmed he'd met with the Bar Louie owners and that they were focused on the County Line area. He didn't know if they'd picked a location or not. We shall see.

Old 12-13-2016, 09:32 AM

764 posts, read 1,109,472 times
Quote:
I think you would have very little chance of gettinga permit to serve alcohol so close to a school (James Clements High School). Typically, there is a minimum distance of 500 feet that a business serving alcohol must be from a school or house of worship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area