Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 07:04 AM

410 posts, read 1,653,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reactionary View Post
NicoleC - good points; you seem to be a subject matter expert
I had wilder days in my past. I recommend them... just know when to quit and be sure they ARE in the past.

Old 03-05-2008, 01:29 PM

1,326 posts, read 2,391,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFNtweety View Post
I agree with that. If I was being treated unfairly at a club, or anywhere else for that matter, I wouldn't give them a dime of my money, and would encourage others to do the same. I would also complain to as many people as I could and get the word out. If you're single though, it's probably tough because you want to experience the night life and it sounds like your options are limited in Huntsville. But out of principle, I wouldn't go back and certainly wouldn't spend one cent of my money there. I would hope that my friends would back me up and avoid the place also.

If enough people get angry and boycott the place, things will eventually have to change.

Jessica
Yes I agree, but the lack of decent nightlife options in Huntsville has basically caused me to forgo principle for enjoyment they are going to do well regardless there aren't enough other places for people to go to lose business. My clubbing days are pretty much over anyway I just had a temporary desire to go last summer but I personally like Crossroads much better than Sammy T's anyway. Anybody go to Huntsville Young Professional events?

Old 03-17-2008, 01:01 PM

1 posts, read 2,719 times
Black, white, doesn't really matter to me. Sammy T's is a pretty people's club that overcharges for drinks, plays way too loud crappy music, and is a drinking haven for frat boys with waxed forearms (you know you do it, it's obvious with hairy legs and hairless arms!), NC hats, and Michigan shirts (who do not even go to those schools, but their friend's brother does, typical frat boy lie). I love the whole, I'm going to express my individuality by copying the same look everyone else has. All they care about is getting a bunch of dumb*sses in who don't know how to drink, spend way too much of their daddy's tuition money, and then stumble out puking, where they continue off into the night yelling at a wall that they are better than it, and then go to Krystal's or Waffle House at 2am before going home to their dorm room to share a circle-*erk with all their frat buddies.

A lady of friend of mine went there to dance on ladies night, because she wanted to just dance and and have fun. It was a sausage-fest. There was maybe 1 woman per every 5 guys. I shooed away countless jerks who thought it was okay to bump and grind on a woman they don't even know. That's a quick way to get your *ss beat. Why don't you ask first if she would like to dance, and wait for an answer, and if it's no, move on!

We stopped going and have never been back.

HYP is nice, good crowds, food, drinks, different venue locations, nice people to get to know. Good altnernative for singles dating, social networking. [url=http://www.gethyp.net]Huntsville Young Professionals[/url] Also, deent hours for most events, not too early or late.

Old 03-17-2008, 01:05 PM

1,326 posts, read 2,391,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shifter View Post
Black, white, doesn't really matter to me. Sammy T's is a pretty people's club that overcharges for drinks, plays way too loud crappy music, and is a drinking haven for frat boys with waxed forearms (you know you do it, it's obvious with hairy legs and hairless arms!), NC hats, and Michigan shirts (who do not even go to those schools, but their friend's brother does, typical frat boy lie). I love the whole, I'm going to express my individuality by copying the same look everyone else has. All they care about is getting a bunch of dumb*sses in who don't know how to drink, spend way too much of their daddy's tuition money, and then stumble out puking, where they continue off into the night yelling at a wall that they are better than it, and then go to Krystal's or Waffle House at 2am before going home to their dorm room to share a circle-*erk with all their frat buddies.

A lady of friend of mine went there to dance on ladies night, because she wanted to just dance and and have fun. It was a sausage-fest. There was maybe 1 woman per every 5 guys. I shooed away countless jerks who thought it was okay to bump and grind on a woman they don't even know. That's a quick way to get your *ss beat. Why don't you ask first if she would like to dance, and wait for an answer, and if it's no, move on!

We stopped going and have never been back.
Thats pretty much how all clubs are except the 1 woman per 5 guys thing that you experience in Huntsville.

Old 03-23-2010, 02:25 PM

2 posts, read 4,066 times
wow. It is a shame that anybody defends these clubs. Dreadlocks are not a sign of a thug. They are actually a cultural hairstyle stemming from other countries. It is a shame the black style must be considered thug style. There are many white guys that go in all of these clubs and dress in an urban style, sometimes over doing the baggy clothes. They get away with it. I am black and I'm a regular at all of these places. I go for the crowd and not the staff, but even i have been turned away. I dont dress like a typical "thug" aka "black person" from Alabama. I have a NY style which is more close fitting and casual, and i have been denied on nights when i was basically wearing skinny rocker jeans and a tight Good Charlotte t-shirt. I was caught off guard, cuz i never had a problem getting in, but then it happened on about 3 different occcasions. Once when i was dressed in an express button down and shoes. I have style. I know how to dress. But the reality is, thgey wont let a black person in if they can find a reason not to. I had to have a 1 one 1 with one of the bouncers so that he would let me in. I brought ppl from out of state and they didnt get let in. Why should u have to befriend a bouncer or know somebody to get in if you're black. Its not right. I've been to the Horse several times and they told me i needed a collared shirt or it was a private party, but when i told them I knew the bartender Julian, they let me in. Or i got a shirt from my car and get inside and see white guys dressed way worse than me in Bama t-shirts and hats and they have no problem getting in. It's a shame. But this is Alabama. Coming from New York, where all u need is a valid ID and the proper clothes to get in anywhere, it doesnt make sense to me. There shouldnt be a selective dress code. White guys shouldnt get to wear hats when a black guy cant wear his cuz the bill is flat. Thats a racist rule. No flat bill hats? But u can wear one thats curved? I got kicked out of line for wearing a brand new hat in there when i saw many dingy Alabama "A" hats in the building. Its a shame that this board exists, but for all you who believe black people are just looking for a complaint, so sorry for you. There's too much racism in Alabama, and its 2010! My girl basically got disowned for dating me, and I'm no thug.

Old 03-23-2010, 02:29 PM

2 posts, read 4,066 times
it really is the lack of options that makes ppl go back. Personally, I would rather deal with the bull**** than go to the green room. Its sad but its like there are few options for black people that arent ghetto in this town.

Old 03-23-2010, 08:57 PM

287 posts, read 498,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shifter View Post

How old are you? I would not suggest going to the club if you don't want guys trying to dance with you.

Old 03-24-2010, 07:07 AM

889 posts, read 2,398,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmagoku View Post
Typical racist Alabamian. According to his logic black people need to have their own clubs instead of being judged as equals. Why can't non ghetto people of any race just share the same clubs? Obviously, not in Alabama or at least Huntsville. People like Reactionary run rampant. By the way there are plenty of "non ghetto" black people" and clubs where they are excepted in less redneck and more liberal places like Atlanta or even Mobile.
I'm gonna have to defend Reactionary here. I don't think he is implying that black people need to have their own clubs because they are somehow inferior, quite the opposite actually.

I don't understand all this talk about clubs being 'black friendly' or not either. If you walk into a bar and the majority of folks are white, drinking Bud Light, and the band's playing 'Freebird' it may not appeal to many black folks. But that doesn't mean it's not 'black friendly.' Most bar/club owners open places that they themselves would like to hang out in. So a guy who loves Bocephus and Skynyrd probably isn't going to open a club that has hip hop and house music playing all night.

I used to tend bar and would sometimes actually get phone calls asking if we were 'black friendly.' My response was always "we're green friendly." What I think Reactionary is saying is that a club for "non-ghetto" black people is a fairly tight demographic for some entrepreneur to take on and make money, especially in a smallish town like Huntsville (sorry KE, it IS small). Instead of waiting around wishing someone would fulfill your fantasy, go out and make it happen yourself. Whether you believe it or not, I doubt there are club owners who say, "Hey, I'm gonna open a club that appeals to trailer trash white folks today." And I doubt even more that someone, especially a white person, is going to say, "Hey, I'm gonna open a club for the 'non-ghetto black folks' of this town!" You cater to interests and consider your potential to make money, not whether you are taking care of a very select group like "non-ghetto black people." What does that even mean? I like to hang out in pubs that appeal to 'non-trailer trash white folks' and 'non-ghetto' any race myself. Oh... and I also like non-smoking establishments.

Old 03-24-2010, 07:23 AM

430 posts, read 1,059,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmagoku View Post
Reactionary pretty much lets you know how racist Alabama/Huntsville is.
Please explain how Reactionary was racist. I did not see anything that Reactionary said that shows racism. Where in the two sentences does it show that Reactionary believes one race is better than another? All I saw was a political statement being thrown out there the second sentence.

Looks to me like you were looking for anything just so you could say something bad about Huntsville and Alabama.

Old 03-24-2010, 07:46 AM

4,739 posts, read 10,439,663 times
dmagoku - typical liberal crying "racist" when you've got nothing else to add to the discussion.

It's not 'my logic' that "black people need their own clubs", if you bothered reading this and similar threads you'd see that it was black people complaining about the lack of black clubs - recognizing those issues does not make me a 'racist'. If you bothered reading this and other threads I encourage integration - oh wait - by encouraging integration I'm actually advocating assimilation into the majority culture - is that racist too?

Last edited by Reactionary; 03-24-2010 at 08:12 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area