Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2017, 11:37 PM

1,263 posts, read 2,039,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
I always assumed that outlets sold less than perfect items, meaning those that didn't pass inspection but are still sellable. Many of the imperfections would be barely noticeable to the average customer.
Back in the day that was the case. But now many of these companies make clothing exclusively for these outlets, usually a lower quality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2017, 08:12 AM

634 posts, read 679,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maya Blue View Post
Because of the rise of Outlet stores, those brands actually sell "lesser" quality clothing, just for the outlet stores.
All true, but I still like to buy at the Polo stores as I think it is still pretty good stuff. At least better than Dollar Tree.

I would really be surprised to see much of an outlet mall at TM. While outlet malls are not out in the boonies these days (just ask Boaz), from what I can see they are still mostly not located close to full price outlets.

Old 06-29-2017, 09:13 AM

143 posts, read 152,415 times
I believe the outlet locations out-of-town has to do with profit margins. They sell at a lower margin and are able to do that by having less customer service and lower capital (real estate, building amenities) cost.

Old 06-29-2017, 09:39 AM

757 posts, read 1,090,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maya Blue View Post
Back in the day that was the case. But now many of these companies make clothing exclusively for these outlets, usually a lower quality.
Today, these brands may sell a "lower quality" product, but the average person couldn't tell a nickel's worth of difference between a Polo Ralph Lauren short sleeve polo shirt bought from the Polo outlet and one which was purchased for full price at Macy's or Belk. Likewise, no one is going to know that a woman carrying a Coach bag which she purchased at the Coach outlet at Opry Mills has an "outlet quality" purse instead of one which costs full price at Dillard's or Belk. All the public will see is the Coach name on both types of purses.

Hence, this is the challenge which I think that Breland and company face simply because the Belk at Bridge Street is a stones throw away from Town Madison. By contrast, The Shops at Grand River in Leeds, AL and Opry Mills in Nashville are probably both a good dozen miles away from the nearest department stores which are selling full priced Ralph Lauren, Coach and Nautica. Also, Nashville and Birmingham have a lot more population of high income customers who will pay full price as well as what retailers call "aspirational" customers who shop at outlets hoping people will think that they are wealthier than they actually are.

Old 07-19-2017, 06:12 AM

226 posts, read 384,364 times
MiLB to Madison?!

Just gotta keep our fingers crossed at this point! This would be huge for not only Madison City, but Huntsville and the surrounding areas.

Investment group looking at bringing minor league baseball to Town Madison development | WHNT.com

Old 09-18-2017, 10:09 AM

226 posts, read 384,364 times
Madison Planning Commission is looking at the Home2Suites this Thursday during their monthly meeting. Looks like it is planned to be four stories tall, around 100 rooms. Should backup to the 565 on-ramp (eastbound) @ Wall Triana.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmrisko View Post
They announced a Home2 hotel to be built at Town Madison. Hopefully that isn't the chic hotel they are referring to, b/c an extended stay is far from Chic. I was thinking more along the lines of a Hotel Indigo.

Old 09-18-2017, 10:39 AM

1,263 posts, read 2,039,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonMike View Post
Madison Planning Commission is looking at the Home2Suites this Thursday during their monthly meeting. Looks like it is planned to be four stories tall, around 100 rooms. Should backup to the 565 on-ramp (eastbound) @ Wall Triana.
Well... that's something.

Old 09-18-2017, 10:45 AM

46,176 posts, read 26,838,919 times
There is already a home2suites in Madison, just across/down from Cabalas....hell it's attached to a Hampton....they are not really different than any Hampton, different name same Hilton style hotel....

Old 09-18-2017, 01:24 PM

1,977 posts, read 4,183,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
There is already a home2suites in Madison, just across/down from Cabalas....hell it's attached to a Hampton....they are not really different than any Hampton, different name same Hilton style hotel....
The one beside Cabela's is not in Madison. Home2Suites also have a full kitchen and are geared more towards extended stay, unlike Hampton.

IMHO, their breakfast options are also slightly better than the fake scrambled eggs and omelets (frambles and fomelets) at Hampton

Old 09-18-2017, 01:30 PM

46,176 posts, read 26,838,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmrisko View Post
The one beside Cabela's is not in Madison. Home2Suites also have a full kitchen and are geared more towards extended stay, unlike Hampton.

IMHO, their breakfast options are also slightly better than the fake scrambled eggs and omelets (frambles and fomelets) at Hampton

Sorry, was just providing info....even though I've lived here several years, I call everything Madison county...even though I know it's really not....and right across the road....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area