Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2017, 11:14 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,152,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justacoolguy View Post
Climate change is BS. Mars ice caps are also reducing. Is it possible that the sun is heating both or are we stuck thinking carbon emissions are the only reason
YEP!

Like I said earlier in this thread that the surrounding planets also are changing climates to warmer ones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2017, 03:13 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,750,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
This is the worst thread I've ever seen on this forum ....
Solution: Don't click on it in future.

Old 09-11-2017, 04:24 PM

1,991 posts, read 889,151 times
And I remember when Huntsville used to be known for intellect and it's Rocket Scientists. What happened?

Old 09-11-2017, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC23 View Post
And I remember when Huntsville used to be known for intellect and it's Rocket Scientists. What happened?
Uh...

Old 09-11-2017, 04:35 PM

1,991 posts, read 889,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
Uh...
LOL, You got me. Dang spellcheck.

Old 09-11-2017, 04:53 PM

294 posts, read 262,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
I sure wish people would look at the "Climate Change Narrative" in a much larger viewpoint. Climate change does NOT cause extreme weather so much as enhance what would normally happen into Extremes!

Winds get enhanced
Water levels enhanced due to higher sea levels
Heat of the worlds oceans enhance hurricanes and enhances size and speeds of them
Erosion of coastal regions being degraded cause increased damages of storm surges
Fluctuations of temperatures outside of normal ranges get enhanced

Bottomline is~~ Denying how humans and need to alter/pillage natural resources ( to profit) has in the end "Enhanced" what nature does and WILL directly affect!!

Natural disasters have always been around.. However, Climate Change has enhanced the what was within tolerations yet.. Still, some want to deny deny deny !! I SMH at that notion! Then of course, fear mongering surrounding those declaring Climate change as a Hoax only leads to losses and affects millions who have zero resources to escape or deal with it!! < yet those who are unable get blamed (Victim Blaming) for their weaknesses and laziness etc etc.

I like to use an old proverb (analogy) to describe of what I read here on C-D as well on social media~~

Cut off their legs and it's their fault they (didn't walk away form) got caught in "Whatevers"... They should have known better/stupid ????

BTW~~ I do not believe for one minute majority think this way.. but it's become more and more apparent that there's at least 20-30% of humanity that does!! Their propaganda being spread ++++++ Rush Limbaugh is just one "Mouth Piece" (example#1 of hundreds) in the current disaster bearing down on the entire State of Florida!! ( BTW~~ RL has packed bags and already left Florida Believe what I say, ignore, what I do (behaviour of those spreading BS) !!! IF you are gullible enough to BELIEVE obvious LIES.. That's all on YOU.. bye bye!! Meanwhile, I'm laughing all the way to the bank!!
Someone with a brain. Keep in mind, these folks don't usually do well in math, science, or grammar.

Old 09-11-2017, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC23 View Post
LOL, You got me. Dang spellcheck.
Like I've never made an error myself.

Old 09-13-2017, 07:04 AM

301 posts, read 331,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focused Husbandad View Post
Someone with a brain. Keep in mind, these folks don't usually do well in math, science, or grammar.
Ok lets do some math then. We have a multivariate regression analysis shall we? We have variance in a dependent variable (which btw is very difficult to measure accurately), and we utilize only a single independent variable to account for the variance. In doing so, the margin of error will be significant, as we do not also account for additional independent variables (solar flares, normal climate patterns, etc). So the suggestion is that we make the assumption that all of the variance in the dependent variable is based on the single independent variable, then we have committed selection bias and will likely come to erroneous results.

Secondly, if we use most different system, most similar results methodology, we would see that Mars ice caps melting would require that we reevaluate our initial regression analysis, as this provides substantial evidence that an additional independent variable should be included. What do Earth and Mars have in common? Solar activity.

Finally we have really only 200 years or so of reliable temperature data. We have approximately 6 billion years of temperatures so it would be a very serious error to assume that a 1 degree variance over a 100 year period would represent a standard deviation or move in variance away from the mean, as we know that temperatures have fluctuated significantly throughout history. We have had ice ages, massive floods, meteor strikes, volcano eruptions etc. We have discovered ancient civilizations while scuba diving, which indicates that there is a lot we do not know about our own existence. The melting of the ice caps eliminated many ancient civilizations, only those civilizations were not driving diesel engines. So what did it to them? Could the same be happening to us?

Finally 97% of scientists in 1491 would have told you the earth is flat, and they were not depending on government grants to survive. How many government grants are available to disprove climate change?

Science itself is debate. When there is no debate that is not science, that is religion.

Old 09-13-2017, 07:11 AM

9,211 posts, read 14,763,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justacoolguy View Post
Ok lets do some math then. We have a multivariate regression analysis shall we? We have variance in a dependent variable (which btw is very difficult to measure accurately), and we utilize only a single independent variable to account for the variance. In doing so, the margin of error will be significant, as we do not also account for additional independent variables (solar flares, normal climate patterns, etc). So the suggestion is that we make the assumption that all of the variance in the dependent variable is based on the single independent variable, then we have committed selection bias and will likely come to erroneous results.

Secondly, if we use most different system, most similar results methodology, we would see that Mars ice caps melting would require that we reevaluate our initial regression analysis, as this provides substantial evidence that an additional independent variable should be included. What do Earth and Mars have in common? Solar activity.

Finally we have really only 200 years or so of reliable temperature data. We have approximately 6 billion years of temperatures so it would be a very serious error to assume that a 1 degree variance over a 100 year period would represent a standard deviation or move in variance away from the mean, as we know that temperatures have fluctuated significantly throughout history. We have had ice ages, massive floods, meteor strikes, volcano eruptions etc. We have discovered ancient civilizations while scuba diving, which indicates that there is a lot we do not know about our own existence. The melting of the ice caps eliminated many ancient civilizations, only those civilizations were not driving diesel engines. So what did it to them? Could the same be happening to us?

Finally 97% of scientists in 1491 would have told you the earth is flat, and they were not depending on government grants to survive. How many government grants are available to disprove climate change?

Science itself is debate. When there is no debate that is not science, that is religion.
You're missing the point. There is no debate.

What the scientists are saying is that the CO2 added to the atmosphere since the industrial revolution has been going up exponentially since the beginning of the 20th century and very rapidly increasing since then. Google a "co2 in the atmosphere" chart. This is the climate effect/change that is exacerbating the rapid increase in ice cap melting and severity and number of storms. NO ONE is debating epochs of climate changes NOT caused by man. (And, we have a lot more knowledge of such than 200 years).

Please read the above paragraph several times since this will affect YOU in your lifetime.

Old 09-13-2017, 07:30 AM

301 posts, read 331,219 times
You pretty much avoided all of the points I made about research methodology. What you are practicing is religion, not science.

Last edited by Justacoolguy; 09-13-2017 at 07:40 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
View detailed profiles of: