Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 10:13 AM

12,735 posts, read 21,777,154 times

Advertisements

I have never heard of these burito joints before/.

Where are they?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2010, 10:23 AM

5,763 posts, read 11,370,882 times
Chipotle is a burrito / taco franchise chain which happens to be owned by McDonald's. Nothing wrong with being owned by McDonald's.

I live about a block from a Chipotle here in Orange County, CA. I've been there once in the 2 years since they opened. They make a pretty good burrito or taco, but the chicken, beef or carnitas they serve is not cooked "from scratch" on the premises. It is pre-prepared and cooked elsewhere in some mega kitchen, shipped to the local restaurant and heated up at the restaurant. So my opinion was that it does not taste "fresh cooked" like many local independent burrito or taco places serve. I don't think you are missing much in Alabama (a place I enjoyed living for several years in the 1990s) with a lack of Chipotle.

Old 09-18-2010, 03:04 PM

3,804 posts, read 6,172,128 times
Nah McDonald's used to own Chipotle, but they sold them a few years back.

Old 09-18-2010, 07:32 PM

17 posts, read 41,899 times
The owner of the Nothing But Noodles on University said that Chipotle will be coming to the space between Cheddar's and Zaxby's. No time table was given.

Old 09-19-2010, 09:18 AM

513 posts, read 868,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by takemetothemoon View Post
The owner of the Nothing But Noodles on University said that Chipotle will be coming to the space between Cheddar's and Zaxby's. No time table was given.
Yesterday my husband and I stopped at the light there and noticed there was a sign between the two eateries and wondered what could be going in there.

Could someone tell me where this Banditos <sp> is located?

Old 09-19-2010, 03:09 PM

379 posts, read 849,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elephant08 View Post
Yesterday my husband and I stopped at the light there and noticed there was a sign between the two eateries and wondered what could be going in there.

Downtown Madison on Main St. I believe. I hear it is a real hole in the wall kind of place though but the food is good.

Old 09-19-2010, 03:52 PM

3,804 posts, read 6,172,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elephant08 View Post

They ought to open one near there and another on the Parkway so everyone can enjoy.

Old 09-19-2010, 05:28 PM

1,806 posts, read 5,706,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by recycled View Post
Chipotle is a burrito / taco franchise chain which happens to be owned by McDonald's. Nothing wrong with being owned by McDonald's.

I live about a block from a Chipotle here in Orange County, CA. I've been there once in the 2 years since they opened. They make a pretty good burrito or taco, but the chicken, beef or carnitas they serve is not cooked "from scratch" on the premises. It is pre-prepared and cooked elsewhere in some mega kitchen, shipped to the local restaurant and heated up at the restaurant. So my opinion was that it does not taste "fresh cooked" like many local independent burrito or taco places serve. I don't think you are missing much in Alabama (a place I enjoyed living for several years in the 1990s) with a lack of Chipotle.
Ah, but it would be one of the only places in Huntsville where you can order something that isn't automatically topped with that nasty queso blanco.

That, and I haven't found any decent guacamole here.

Folks rave about Rosie's...I don't get that. But to each their own.

However, I like Bandito. Much. Their refried beans are good, and so is the rice.
I don't consider any of the restaurants mentioned truly "Mexican", but delicious options with a specific flavor to be appreciated.
Real Mexican would be the hole-in-the-wall joints I enjoyed in the questionable neighborhoods of another state, where English was not the first language and they asked me three times if I was sure I really wanted that "hot"?
Where nothing came with any kind of creamy sauce.

I will be THRILLED to have a Chipotle some where, any where nearby. Because I like my salad topped with the chicken and hottest sauce. No queso dip.

P.S.
There are two Bandito locations.

http://www.banditoshsv.com/

Last edited by 33458; 09-19-2010 at 05:55 PM..

Old 09-19-2010, 07:45 PM

256 posts, read 605,503 times
There are actually THREE Bandito's: Downtown Madison, Governor's Dr, and South Parkway (Southside).

Old 09-19-2010, 09:47 PM

379 posts, read 849,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 33458 View Post
They really need a new street sign.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area