U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2017, 07:36 AM

1,692 posts, read 2,033,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTG-05 View Post
I recall the owner telling me over 20 years ago that he was going to turn it into a pub/beer brewing place. That was during the original Kid's Kingdom build which was Oct. 2007. I forget the owner's name but I'm sure there are those here who know him.
Wouldn't that be ten years?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2017, 07:52 AM

285 posts, read 176,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaxwell View Post
It would be. Kids Kingdom was built in 1997 though so I'm sure he just typed in the wrong year.

Old 11-17-2017, 06:09 PM

510 posts, read 537,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaxwell View Post
As Preston stated, I fumble-fingered the date. KK was originally built in 1997 and rebuilt after the arson in 2004. (And this retarded software won't let me edit the mis-type).

Anyone remember the old man that used to work at the hardware store?

Old 11-27-2017, 07:59 AM

211 posts, read 228,397 times
Well, we were pretty spot-on everyone. Check this out:

Quote:
"SS Madison, LLC, has presented a proposal to the City for the development of a mixed-use residential and retail development on approximately 6.08 acres of land owned by Developer and located in downtown Madison between Sullivan Street and Short Street (the "Development Project")."
In other words, this is why the city is paying to relocate that substation...to get it out of the way of this project. Further research shows SS Madison, LLC has a Sealy listed as an owner (same Sealy associated with Belk Hudson Lofts).

The city is paying what I assume is an incentive in the amount of $1.1M to this development agreement.

I am beyond excited!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonMike View Post
Couldn’t agree more. They need to get a decent connection to the stadium and this is a pretty straight shot

Last edited by toosie; 11-27-2017 at 05:35 PM.. Reason: Fixed some formatting

Old 11-27-2017, 12:16 PM

350 posts, read 405,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonMike View Post
Well, we were pretty spot-on everyone. Check this out:

[SIZE=3][SIZE=3]"SS Madison, LLC, has presented a proposal to the City for the development of a mixed-use residential and retail development on approximately 6.08 acres of land owned by Developer and located in downtown Madison between Sullivan Street and Short Street (the "Development Project")."
[SIZE=3][SIZE=3]-RESOLUTION NO. 2017-312-R

In other words, this is why the city is paying to relocate that substation...to get it out of the way of this project. Further research shows SS Madison, LLC has a Sealy listed as an owner (same Sealy associated with Belk Hudson Lofts).
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][SIZE=3]The city is paying what I assume is an incentive in the amount of $1.1M to this development agreement.[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]I am beyond excited!!!!!!!!!![/SIZE]
Yes, this is great news for Madison. Really need some good dining and late night options near downtown. Hope it happens.

Old 11-27-2017, 07:42 PM

350 posts, read 405,249 times

Old 12-07-2017, 12:34 PM

The City of Madison now has a very quick and easy way to let city officials know what types of restaurants and retail we want in the city. I encourage any of you with any interest in Downtown Madison, Madison Boulevard, Wall Triana, and the surrounding areas within the city limits to submit your ideas. Several requests sent to the right people in a company from a City (as opposed to some random person) may help our chances of landing some nice places to eat and shop.

Selfishly, I'd like for you to consider requesting a Chick-Fil-A for County Line Road. Shoot, even Madison Boulevard for that matter. We really need another one.

Here's the link to "Bring it to Madison!"
Madison, AL - Official Website

Old 02-12-2018, 09:19 AM

Looks like Breland owns a lot of acreage on the Southside of the railroad tracks near Downtown Madison. Look at this week's Planning Commission agenda. He is wanting to extend Kyser Boulevard and put in a considerable amount of single family residences. Looks like the Planning Commission is going to vote in down and keep the land zoned industrial - hoping for Toyota/Mazda growth I suspect. Breland wants to rezone the property to residential.

Old 02-12-2018, 09:41 AM

4,743 posts, read 8,446,230 times
Years ago, I looked at a two bedroom for sale that was south of downtown Madison. They only wanted $25,000 so I went and looked at it. Yep, it had two bedrooms, and the rest of the house had burned down. I wish I had bought it...

Old 02-12-2018, 07:53 PM

2,058 posts, read 925,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reactionary View Post
Years ago, I looked at a two bedroom for sale that was south of downtown Madison. They only wanted $25,000 so I went and looked at it. Yep, it had two bedrooms, and the rest of the house had burned down. I wish I had bought it...
Just a fresh coat of paint and it would've been ready to go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or