U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2018, 02:07 PM

224 posts, read 244,000 times

Advertisements

Does anyone remember when Sealy said construction may begin on the new project off Sullivan Street?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2018, 04:00 PM

2,564 posts, read 1,141,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonMike View Post
Does anyone remember when Sealy said construction may begin on the new project off Sullivan Street?
No, I don't remember ever seeing a timeline on the project, just that it was planned.

Old 06-06-2018, 06:36 AM

128 posts, read 73,722 times
Quote:
They still have to relocate the substation across the street to Kyser Blvd before I'd expect anything to begin on the "downtown" expansion. Plans to relocate them were just proposed in mid April, so I wouldn't expect anything to start happening too soon.

Old 07-10-2018, 06:54 AM

Rendering of the new Public Works complex on Palmer Road, just west of Front Street and Sullivan Street.

https://whnt.com/2018/07/09/madison-...orks-facility/

Old 08-20-2018, 09:30 PM

59 posts, read 37,437 times
http://crunkletonassociates.com/wp-c...ison_Email.pdf

Crunkelton has The Avenue Madison leasing kit on their site. It has renderings and site plans. Not the look I was expecting. It is not awful, but I think something more in scale and design with the rest of downtown Madison would work better.

I'd love to see Downtown Madison and Madison in general look and feel like Homewood.

Old 08-20-2018, 11:35 PM

158 posts, read 144,031 times
Thank goodness The Avenue Madison will be a "mixed-use development". I was worried someone was going to accidentally build a single-use development. They'd probably lose their architect's license if they tried something crazy like that!

Old 12-10-2018, 11:04 AM

7 posts, read 2,466 times
As I came through this morning I saw a bunch of road work and Sullivan Road detour signs, I assume for The Avenue Madison. Does anyone know the schedule for this (how long Sullivan will be closed, etc.). That is my usual route to work, and I was wondering how long I will have to utilize another route (Hughes/County Line). That will really clog those other roads!

Old 12-10-2018, 11:32 AM

22 posts, read 17,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwhisent View Post
As I came through this morning I saw a bunch of road work and Sullivan Road detour signs, I assume for The Avenue Madison. Does anyone know the schedule for this (how long Sullivan will be closed, etc.). That is my usual route to work, and I was wondering how long I will have to utilize another route (Hughes/County Line). That will really clog those other roads!
It was only closed for a utility crossing not going to be permanently closed.

Old Today, 10:16 AM

Planning Commission about to move to accept Breland's proposal to rezone roughly 106 acres south of the railroad tracks, west of Sullivan Street and east of County Line Road, and build 366 townhomes. That's the bad news. Good news is that the Bradford Creek Greenway would be extended south (under the railroad tracks) and east to the new Sealy Development. Would make a new artery connecting CLR to Sullivan Street. Sealy has offered support for Breland's plan.

Old Today, 10:49 AM

362 posts, read 422,127 times
Quote:
Planning Commission about to move to accept Breland's proposal to rezone roughly 106 acres south of the railroad tracks, west of Sullivan Street and east of County Line Road, and build 366 townhomes. That's the bad news. Good news is that the Bradford Creek Greenway would be extended south (under the railroad tracks) and east to the new Sealy Development. Would make a new artery connecting CLR to Sullivan Street. Sealy has offered support for Breland's plan.
For now the extension would just connect to Madison Blvd via Westchester Dr, right? I hope there is an eventual connection to CLR and Jetplex Ln.

The greenway extension would be awesome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or