Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2018, 06:14 AM

218 posts, read 277,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
No, I cannot, but I can't cite the law that says you must use a signal when you change lanes either, but I know it's the law.
Umm. Okay. It's certainly not the law everywhere, so why is it necessary the law in AL?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/article...egal_to_cr.amp
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2018, 07:00 AM

141 posts, read 178,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r x f View Post
Umm. Okay. It's certainly not the law everywhere, so why is it necessary the law in AL?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/article...egal_to_cr.amp

I hate when people don't use turn signals...ARGGHHH! That having been said, I believe CA doesn't require the use of them if your movement will not affect another vehicle. It has something to do with proximity and same lane or different lane movement. At any rate, if you don't use your signal your just a douche!

Old 06-14-2018, 08:29 AM

3,297 posts, read 6,264,726 times
My steering wheel buzzes me when I don't use my turn signal, so now I use it all the time.

FYI, my husband got a ticket for changing lanes on 72 without using his signal a few months ago :/

Old 06-14-2018, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoping4Huntsville View Post
I hate when people don't use turn signals...ARGGHHH! That having been said, I believe CA doesn't require the use of them if your movement will not affect another vehicle. It has something to do with proximity and same lane or different lane movement. At any rate, if you don't use your signal your just a douche!
Brainfart, I accidentally cut out the important portion of the quote:

Quote:
No, I cannot, but I can't cite the law that says you must use a signal when you change lanes either, but I know it's the law. But it would be dashed if you're supposed to cross it instead of solid.
Traffic Talk: Is it legal to cross a solid white line? What about driving on the shoulder to pass someone waiting to turn left? | MLive.com

Old 06-14-2018, 02:41 PM

12,971 posts, read 9,489,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCTMadison View Post
I always exit at Clinton and get back on the Parkway People drive like maniacs in that area, makes it so much easier to get into the 565 lanes.
But it makes it more difficult for those doing it the "right" way ... and also those from Governors who want to go north on the Parkway. Someone's drving in their entrance lane.

However, I've heard that it's not illegal to do so, regardless of the "Clinton Avenue - Exit Only" sign.

But it boils down to the entire interchange area being poorly designed and executed, I suppose to save money, so drivers will do most anything.

BTW ... have you noticed that several of the exits on 565 say "Exit Only" when they're not? AlDot really needs to correct the signage.

Last edited by RocketDawg; 06-14-2018 at 02:54 PM..

Old 06-14-2018, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCTMadison View Post
My steering wheel buzzes me when I don't use my turn signal, so now I use it all the time.

FYI, my husband got a ticket for changing lanes on 72 without using his signal a few months ago :/
A friend of mine bought a new car and turned that feature off. You shouldn't be able to disable it. He's from Opp though in Lower Alabama and isn't used to the "big city" yet. He also talks funny, frequently says things like "had went". I suppose they don't teach grammar down there.

Old 06-14-2018, 02:58 PM

Quote:
But it makes it more difficult for those doing it the "right" way ... and also those from Governors who want to go north on the Parkway. Someone's drving in their entrance lane.

However, I've heard that it's not illegal to do so, regardless of the "Clinton Avenue - Exit Only" sign.
'Exit only' just lets you know the lane is exiting. It's not saying you can't get back on the road. You can take an exit and then go straight through the light to get back on the interstate.

Quote:
BTW ... have you noticed that several of the exits on 565 say "Exit Only" when they're not? AlDot really needs to correct the signage.
Yeah, real sloppy signage on several exits.

Old 06-14-2018, 02:59 PM

141 posts, read 178,518 times
Quote:
A friend of mine bought a new car and turned that feature off. You shouldn't be able to disable it. He's from Opp though in Lower Alabama and isn't used to the "big city" yet. He also talks funny, frequently says things like "had went". I suppose they don't teach grammar down there.
Turn signals are quite frequently a no go down here in this area. But then again so are stop lights, stop signs and most other traffic laws and regulations. In the Dothan area I often hear "flustrated" which I find interesting. That and the fact that everyone refers to you by Mr. and your fist name. Mr. Jeff for instance. The whole dinner and supper thing comes up with my co-workers from time to time. It was the same in NC though with dinner being eaten midday and supper being eaten in the evening. In VA where I grew up we had lunch and the evening meal was dinner. Just a very interesting place.

Old 06-14-2018, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoping4Huntsville View Post
Turn signals are quite frequently a no go down here in this area. But then again so are stop lights, stop signs and most other traffic laws and regulations. In the Dothan area I often hear "flustrated" which I find interesting. That and the fact that everyone refers to you by Mr. and your fist name. Mr. Jeff for instance. The whole dinner and supper thing comes up with my co-workers from time to time. It was the same in NC though with dinner being eaten midday and supper being eaten in the evening. In VA where I grew up we had lunch and the evening meal was dinner. Just a very interesting place.
Flustrated ... that's hilarious. They probably know better but are just being funny.

I've only been through Dothan a couple of times, and the circular road is indeed a pain. Way too many traffic signals. I'm not sure what the alternative would be though.

We'll be going through there a bit more often since my son and his family just moved to Panama City Beach from the Atlanta area. His daily commute has reduced from almost 2 hours starting at 5:30 in the morning to about 5 minutes. He saves almost 4 hours a day just driving time.

Yeah, lunch/dinner seems to be the go to around here. Maybe not out in the countryside though.

Old 06-14-2018, 06:42 PM

2,513 posts, read 2,789,263 times
We do Troy to Enterprise then to pcb via 167.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area