U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2018, 08:35 AM

1,045 posts, read 1,012,565 times

Advertisements

Mass grading set to begin on site, approximately 21 million to have the site ready by October 1st.
Gonna be dirt flying out there! Believe Toyota is footing the bill. As mentioned earlier Eutaw
Construction out of Mississippi will be handling it, very capable company
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2018, 12:39 PM

2,032 posts, read 913,607 times
Given all the rain we're having right now, they'll be moving red mud for a few days.

I'm glad they're finally getting started. There's always a concern way in the back of your mind until dirt is moved.

Old 06-28-2018, 02:09 PM

211 posts, read 227,725 times
I know what you mean. That endangered fish, tariffs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Given all the rain we're having right now, they'll be moving red mud for a few days.

I'm glad they're finally getting started. There's always a concern way in the back of your mind until dirt is moved.

Old 07-12-2018, 11:14 PM

711 posts, read 675,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonMike View Post
I know what you mean. That endangered fish, tariffs...
Questions on protecting the Spring Pygmy Sunfish have put the Toyota Mazda construction project on hold for now. Hopefully the delay won't be too long.

Hyundai job fears, Toyota Mazda halt in business news

Old 07-13-2018, 05:30 AM

562 posts, read 516,577 times
It's a minnow. Bait. Delay or cost this area a load of good jobs and revenue for a minnow.

Old 07-13-2018, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterEd51 View Post
Questions on protecting the Spring Pygmy Sunfish have put the Toyota Mazda construction project on hold for now. Hopefully the delay won't be too long.

Hyundai job fears, Toyota Mazda halt in business news
While probably not what everyone wanted this should end up being a good thing. There will probably be additional procedures put in place and or physical barriers and increased buffer zones. Everyone was aware of the fish long before Toyota picked the site and probably has anticipated this scenario. This plays into Toyota's global plan of protecting the environment and can be used for future PR.

Old 07-13-2018, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU HSV View Post
While probably not what everyone wanted this should end up being a good thing. There will probably be additional procedures put in place and or physical barriers and increased buffer zones. Everyone was aware of the fish long before Toyota picked the site and probably has anticipated this scenario. This plays into Toyota's global plan of protecting the environment and can be used for future PR.
Yes, I had assumed that since this was a "mega-site", that all the environmental concerns had been found, and really, would have thought that they would have been addressed and solved before site certification. I personally don't think the presence of the fish is nearly as important as allowing "hunters" to go to Africa and slaughter giraffes, elephants, and lions ... and then brag about it on social media.

Old 07-13-2018, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Yes, I had assumed that since this was a "mega-site", that all the environmental concerns had been found, and really, would have thought that they would have been addressed and solved before site certification. I personally don't think the presence of the fish is nearly as important as allowing "hunters" to go to Africa and slaughter giraffes, elephants, and lions ... and then brag about it on social media.
They have to address the lawsuit, which should be done in short order, couple months max, yes a lot of environmental were required to be declared a megasite. Now that the basic footprint of the plant has been determined it will be seen how eliminate any issues with the creek which is some distance from the actual plant location. runoff is the main concern especial silt, chemicals etc. All things that we should all be concerned with anyway. Rainwater needs to permeate into the soil instead of running off.

Old 07-13-2018, 10:59 AM

78 posts, read 45,124 times
Fish gotta swim, birds gotta fly and people gotta have jobs. I believe it will all be resolved while enriching lawyers. The current law protects the steams and this may be just an effort to make sure T-M doesn't try any short cuts.

Old 07-13-2018, 05:43 PM

The sunfish is no longer an issue. Work will resume soon, probably next week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or