U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 08:09 AM

1,032 posts, read 3,819,432 times

Advertisements

My son is a senior and considering UAH as well... he wants to major in Electrical Engineering and is also interested in Cyber Security, which UAH just added as a major.

We are from out of state, so we flew down to visit back in October. Both my son and I liked it a lot. He is a social kid, but not interested in sports, Greek life or partying. A big night out for him is the newest Marvel movie with his friends, lol! That being said, I do have concerns about weekends on campus if the bulk of the student body go home. We saw a brand new dorm just opened, so someone is obviously living on campus, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 09:19 AM

2,388 posts, read 1,078,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KristyLiz View Post
My son is a senior and considering UAH as well... he wants to major in Electrical Engineering and is also interested in Cyber Security, which UAH just added as a major.

We are from out of state, so we flew down to visit back in October. Both my son and I liked it a lot. He is a social kid, but not interested in sports, Greek life or partying. A big night out for him is the newest Marvel movie with his friends, lol! That being said, I do have concerns about weekends on campus if the bulk of the student body go home. We saw a brand new dorm just opened, so someone is obviously living on campus, right?
Sounds like he's a technical nerd, so he'll fit right in here. I think most schools pretty much lose the vast majority of their students on the weekend, or at least the state school that I went to did. He'll find plenty to do on the weekends; my school was in a really small town and weekends were terribly boring unless you had a date. Huntsville is a bit more active.

Old Today, 09:58 AM

2,456 posts, read 3,102,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KristyLiz View Post

UAH passed a new rule several years ago requiring all freshmen and sophomores that live outside a 30 mile radius live on campus in dorms so there are quite a bit that live on campus now. There are a number of dorms now including the newest one you noticed. They have social activities such as movies in a theater room, gaming nights, etc. Also, it is not very far from downtown where the night clubs are that the college age crowds hang out at if he is into that sort of thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area