U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-13-2018, 09:46 PM
 
Location: Somewhere in northern Alabama
17,054 posts, read 51,984,493 times
Reputation: 28174

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerva View Post
I'm a single white guy in his 40's that wants to have a family (so I figure 30-something women are what to focus on), and I was pretty sold on the idea of relocating to the Huntsville area, until I saw the "population pyramid":

http://worldpopulationreview.com/us-...le-population/

It looks to be a nearly perfect storm of bad demographics for me. There's a "bulge" of 20-somethings (I presume they're college students) that are too young for me. Then the 30-something women fall off a cliff, while the 30-something men also drop, but not nearly as much. So I'd be over-40 and competing with a surplus of 30-something guys for a shortage of 30-something women.

Are there nearby areas with better demographics where good wife/mother prospects are to be found for someone in my situation?

If not, what are the best ways of meeting 30-something women in the Huntsville area?
I'm a guy. I've been a guy all my life. I've been married and had a loving and intelligent wife. Sometimes I do not understand other guys.

Your posts here are all about you and what you want. As someone who has hired people, it is pretty obvious to me that there is something missing. If you came to me and said -"I want this and this and these are things I won't accept" I would smile politely, and show you the door. As an employer, I would be interested in what you might bring to the table, what your value system was, and then try to determine if there was a fit.

Your posts come across as "I want a Chevy. Are there Chevys in Huntsville?" More to the point, there is an element of "I want to breed. I need a b***** to breed with." - No mention of any other qualifications, no consideration as to faith, education, family background, drug use, kinky sex, police record, football team preferences (the most important thing of all) or anything. Your lack of selectivity speaks of desperation at best, and perhaps an underlying callow attitude.

Are there women of that age group in Huntsville? Yep. I've seen 'em. You might be able to photograph a street scene with more than a half dozen in the picture. Are a small percentage of them interested in breeding with a stranger from out of state to provide progeny for him? Possibly. I'm not certain how eager I would be to meet them.

If you want a mate, someone who will offer more than a kid in exchange for alimony payments, figure out what qualities you can offer that are of interest to the opposite sex, try online dating again with Huntsville as the location, and present yourself. I'm sure you must have qualities that could be attractive.

I will warn you though that when I first moved to Alabama I was told to watch out for young women wanting to find a suitable mate that could be tamed to the ways of their church.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-13-2018, 11:16 PM
 
18 posts, read 5,979 times
Reputation: 27
Really? I'm supposed to be talking about my values system and what I have to offer in a relationship, on this forum? This isn't a dating site, it's a site that is heavy on demographic data. That's why I came here to ask questions about demographics and "the numbers" here.

If you're looking for a fish, your first question isn't, "where is there a 6.7" salmon with three red spots on its tail and a left fin slightly larger than the right that has consumed a diet that gives it the flavor I want for pairing with my favorite wine?" You start by asking "where is there water?" then "where are there bodies of water with salmon?" and so on until you know enough to justify going to a particular place to fish for that very specific one you're hoping to catch.

That's what I'm doing here -- my goal is to find a great future wife and mother, so that narrows it down to women that want to have kids, and those are almost exclusively under-40 years of age. So if I want to meet them (where I'll find answers to those specific questions you're talking about), I should have an idea where such women ARE, hence I go to a demographics website and ask about it on a forum. Please explain to me the point of asking specific questions about "other qualifications" HERE?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-14-2018, 04:26 AM
 
Location: Somewhere in northern Alabama
17,054 posts, read 51,984,493 times
Reputation: 28174
While I can assure you that Alabama has great bass fishing, the salmon fishing is quite likely better in California or Oregon. Once you bring your catch home, the differences become even more apparent.

The Beach Boys recognized some of the more obvious differences between California girls and southern girls. There are more - many more. As you point out, CD is not a dating site like Plenty-o-fish. While the sieve of demographics might indicate a gross number of fish, only coming to the area is going to provide a meaningful fishing experience.

If your requirements are only those you list, and you can deal with red tape, there are fish in a barrel - there are any number of Russian and Ukrainian women of the age group desperate to get to the U.S. by marrying a U.S. citizen. Catch one of those and you can be reasonably certain they'll be around for at least ten years - or face deportation. Seems to me I remember someone in a very high place doing something along those lines...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-14-2018, 11:38 AM
 
18 posts, read 5,979 times
Reputation: 27
Who said anything about my requirements being "only those that you list"? You're reading a lot (too much) into my question. I am picky as hell, and I'm also not what every woman goes for (it varies). But the pickier you are, the more candidates you need to meet in order to find someone that's what you're looking for. The purpose of my original question was, since the airplane-window-view demographics on this website say there aren't a lot of single women in their 30's in Huntsville, then it becomes more important to know where to look for the few there are, since I'm not going to be randomly running into many of them otherwise.

I've had a lot of friends and relatives recommend southern women as the best, and the ones I've worked with have been classy and I like their accent. Time will tell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-14-2018, 06:26 PM
 
4,789 posts, read 8,472,923 times
Reputation: 3463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerva View Post
Are there areas within an hour's drive or so that would have more favorable demographics?

I'm frustrated by the limited features of city-data's interactive map -- I'd like to find a website with an interactive map that can show me the population density of white 30-something never-married/divorced/widowed women. All that information is in the census data that websites like city-data are using, but you have to have a more powerful mapping engine that will combine the data however you want.
Try the corner of Jordan Lane and University Avenue.

If you see single white women (sorry, woman of color need not apply), ask about their age, then take a critical look at their body shape. Certain body shape is better for breeding, for example; women with hips wider than their shoulders. Once you’re satisfied with their shape, ask if they willing to take a fertility test? After all, no sense wasting your time with infertile women. Once the results come back, you can select the women you’d like to date.

Yes I realize it would be much easier if CityData has done the screening above for you saving you the trouble and expense, perhaps there is a service that will do that for you. Here’s where I can help by offering my idea (free of course), visit local trailer parks on weekends and watch young white women towing 2.5 kids around and appeared not an adult male in the picture. This is what I called a “target-rich environment”. For you, it’s like fishing in a barrel. Go up to them and promise to offer financial support for them and their existing children as long as she provides you with your own offspring.

But I tell ya, that’s a messy way to go. From your posts, you don’t appear to desire for a relationship but simply wanting your own children. The cleanest way to go is go to the fertility doctors, look for anonymous egg donors, have an IVF (In Vitro Fertilization) and hire a young woman willing to carry your fertilized eggs to term. Voila!! You’ll have children less than a year!!!

So there you go. Two very viable options for you. It’s almost as easy as breeding chicken.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-19-2018, 12:44 PM
 
1,898 posts, read 1,161,883 times
Reputation: 4942
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerva View Post
Who said anything about my requirements being "only those that you list"? You're reading a lot (too much) into my question. I am picky as hell, and I'm also not what every woman goes for (it varies). But the pickier you are, the more candidates you need to meet in order to find someone that's what you're looking for. The purpose of my original question was, since the airplane-window-view demographics on this website say there aren't a lot of single women in their 30's in Huntsville, then it becomes more important to know where to look for the few there are, since I'm not going to be randomly running into many of them otherwise.

I've had a lot of friends and relatives recommend southern women as the best, and the ones I've worked with have been classy and I like their accent. Time will tell.
As a 30 something woman living in Huntsville, but who has not always lived in the south, I would like to offer some advice. Southern women are used to southern gentlemen. You're personality comes across as practical, intelligent and logical, but also brusque, self centered and hostile. You may not have a lot of success with southern women with these sorts of traits. If you are really looking for the love of your life, you may want to consider more liberal areas than the deep south, at least initially.

Just trying to help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-21-2018, 07:47 AM
 
632 posts, read 1,606,941 times
Reputation: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkbab5 View Post
As a 30 something woman living in Huntsville, but who has not always lived in the south, I would like to offer some advice. Southern women are used to southern gentlemen. You're personality comes across as practical, intelligent and logical, but also brusque, self centered and hostile. You may not have a lot of success with southern women with these sorts of traits. If you are really looking for the love of your life, you may want to consider more liberal areas than the deep south, at least initially.

Just trying to help.
I think most of you in this thread are overthinking what the OP was trying to ask. Regardless of him potentially being brusque, self centered or hostile which I don't really think you can tell for certain from a message board, I think he was just primarily concerned with the demographics of Huntsville, the seemingly lack of single women. He's correct, Huntsville is a married town and doesn't have a large pool of single people period compared to larger cities or even ones with just more diverse economies. Huntsville tends to be dominated by male engineering types in the defense industry, so there are less single women available than usual. You can meet the right one anywhere, and you still have to be likable, but your chances of meeting someone does increase in an area where the demographics favor you. But that's what you get when you move to a smaller town where the economy is focused more on a singular industry, he has to decide what's most important for him. I agree though if demographics are so important to him he should move to a larger more diverse town with a bigger dating pool. It doesn't have to be a liberal area outside of the deep south, there's plenty of brusque, self-centered and hostile people in committed relationships down here. I think Birmingham and Nashville are going to be better options for the demographics he's looking for, in particular Nashville.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-21-2018, 08:40 AM
 
Location: SC TN
519 posts, read 549,016 times
Reputation: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntsville_secede View Post
I think most of you in this thread are overthinking what the OP was trying to ask. Regardless of him potentially being brusque, self centered or hostile which I don't really think you can tell for certain from a message board, I think he was just primarily concerned with the demographics of Huntsville, the seemingly lack of single women. He's correct, Huntsville is a married town and doesn't have a large pool of single people period compared to larger cities or even ones with just more diverse economies. Huntsville tends to be dominated by male engineering types in the defense industry, so there are less single women available than usual. You can meet the right one anywhere, and you still have to be likable, but your chances of meeting someone does increase in an area where the demographics favor you. But that's what you get when you move to a smaller town where the economy is focused more on a singular industry, he has to decide what's most important for him. I agree though if demographics are so important to him he should move to a larger more diverse town with a bigger dating pool. It doesn't have to be a liberal area outside of the deep south, there's plenty of brusque, self-centered and hostile people in committed relationships down here. I think Birmingham and Nashville are going to be better options for the demographics he's looking for, in particular Nashville.



While this is probably true, if I were the OP, I wouldn't give up hope just yet.


I met my wife at work at a very large aerospace company here in Huntsville.



In the woman's bathroom.



After +25 years, it looks she's gonna keep me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-21-2018, 10:29 AM
 
632 posts, read 1,606,941 times
Reputation: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTG-05 View Post
While this is probably true, if I were the OP, I wouldn't give up hope just yet.


I met my wife at work at a very large aerospace company here in Huntsville.



In the woman's bathroom.



After +25 years, it looks she's gonna keep me.
Yes I think it's definitely possible to meet someone in Huntsville, I wasn't suggesting that all. Just the demographics in other areas make it quite a bit easier to meet more people and that still doesn't guarantee you will even meet the right person. I wouldn't let dating demographics be the primary factor for why I would live in a place though. Would you move to Miami Beach just because they have a lot of hot women? lol I think you have to be a little bit more responsible as an adult, especially one in the 30s.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-21-2018, 02:10 PM
 
Location: SC TN
519 posts, read 549,016 times
Reputation: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntsville_secede View Post
Yes I think it's definitely possible to meet someone in Huntsville, I wasn't suggesting that all. Just the demographics in other areas make it quite a bit easier to meet more people and that still doesn't guarantee you will even meet the right person. I wouldn't let dating demographics be the primary factor for why I would live in a place though. Would you move to Miami Beach just because they have a lot of hot women? lol I think you have to be a little bit more responsible as an adult, especially one in the 30s.

Nothing goes over your head; your reflexes are so fast, you would catch it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top