U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2018, 06:47 AM

1 posts, read 472 times

Advertisements

Huntsville is a very beautiful area. You will not face any huge traffic problems here in near towns.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2018, 07:20 AM

338 posts, read 475,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hsv256 View Post
Where can we read more about this?
Google "housing market crash 2018"

It will return numerous sites.

one example:

https://www.housingwire.com/articles...housing-market

One Saturday Morning grab yourself a cup of coffee and watch Financial News.

Old 12-04-2018, 08:58 AM

17 posts, read 5,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by y8tiger View Post
Google "housing market crash 2018"

It will return numerous sites.

one example:

https://www.housingwire.com/articles...housing-market

One Saturday Morning grab yourself a cup of coffee and watch Financial News.

Not sure if much of this applies locally.

Old 12-20-2018, 10:34 PM

43 posts, read 86,862 times
Hey guys. Thanks again for all your recommendations. My wife and I are planning to be in town this weekend to look at homes. Our realtor suggested the monrovia and south Huntsville areas. We have some friends that just bought a house in the Monrovia area, and we would love to be close to them, but we weren't sure what the drive down to the Raytheon plant might be. Sounds like it could be a little long. Any thoughts?

Old 12-21-2018, 06:00 AM

7 posts, read 1,660 times
While you are planning to get a place, you should also plan ahead getting all the household stuff like kitchenware, furniture etc. Rather them getting them at retail stores, I would suggest you buy them through one of the coupon and cashback websites like Ebates, RetailMeNot, Kiindly, or Groupon. The Holiday deals are awesome and you might end up saving a lot of money.

Old 12-21-2018, 07:44 AM

2,821 posts, read 1,256,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernasty View Post
Hey guys. Thanks again for all your recommendations. My wife and I are planning to be in town this weekend to look at homes. Our realtor suggested the monrovia and south Huntsville areas. We have some friends that just bought a house in the Monrovia area, and we would love to be close to them, but we weren't sure what the drive down to the Raytheon plant might be. Sounds like it could be a little long. Any thoughts?
Monrovia to Raytheon isn't an excessively long drive. Should be well under 10 miles, depending on the exact house location.

Old 12-21-2018, 09:20 AM

1,753 posts, read 2,101,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Monrovia to Raytheon isn't an excessively long drive. Should be well under 10 miles, depending on the exact house location.
It sounds like he is referring to the facility on the arsenal, not the office building.

Old 12-21-2018, 09:31 AM

338 posts, read 475,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernasty View Post
HSV SE would be make the most sense for the Raytheon facility on the Arsenal, while Monrovia is better if you are going to work at the Corporate Office in CRP.

Old 12-21-2018, 05:13 PM

2,821 posts, read 1,256,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaxwell View Post
It sounds like he is referring to the facility on the arsenal, not the office building.
Well, that would make a difference, and would be quite a hike. But it's not out of the question if he just wants to live in the Monrovia area. I'd rather live in the neighborhood I wanted than to fret over a little longer commute. Maybe a 30-40 minute trip, and that's not terrible. I used to live in south Huntsville, in Whitesburg Estates, and it took me 30 minutes to get to Bldg 4200. I did it for many years until we moved to Madison. Then it was about a 15 minute trip on a good day with the Arsenal gates. On a bad day it would take a lot longer. The gates are supposed to be getting a little easier to get through starting with the new year.

Old 12-23-2018, 11:02 AM

64 posts, read 20,967 times
Gate 9 is a nightmare if you hit it at the wrong time. It has gotten better but still....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or