U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2019, 02:00 PM

22 posts, read 31,248 times

Advertisements

My wife and I have been married for 20+ years and I知 looking for something to spice up our date nights besides dinner and a movie. Are there any date night activities you could recommend? I知 thinking art, a baking or cooking class, candle making, dancing, pottery, etc.

Any recommendations or information for where to find this and cost would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2019, 02:57 PM

523 posts, read 556,109 times
Tagged for ideas.

Old 01-01-2019, 04:52 PM
TVx

7 posts, read 8,424 times
Sprited Art at Campus 805 for a drinks/painting class, followed by an hour or 2 playing pinball at Ronnie Rayguns right next door to the classroom

Old 01-01-2019, 05:36 PM

1,596 posts, read 4,063,387 times
Escape Room is always fun .. bring friends or accept luck of the draw and get paired with other folks.

Axe Throwing (Civil Axe at Campus 805 or Rockaxe City downtown)

Workshops or classes at Lowe Mill (they change all the time - follow on their web site /social media - check out Huntsville Art League too, located within Lowe Mill - their members sometimes run one-off classes)

The local maker space is starting a Monthly Maker program this year with monthly guided projects, including group builds (Huntsville STEAM Works, also at Lowe Mill). They also have a weekly game night.

Pints & Pixels for an evening of retro arcade games

Night at the Symphony (if classical music isn't your thing, their Pops series can be really fun)

Local theater.. there are some really good productions in town. Even some of the high schools put on legitimately enjoyable shows (Lee, Grissom, Bob Jones, and Huntsville High in particular). For community, LMP, IMP, Community Chorus have all put on great shows for a great price.

The Art museum.

Hiking (Lots of great trails around)

Kayaking - when the weather is warmer. There are some places nearby... inexpensive to rent a kayak including service to pick you up after your river float! Brown Bear is SO close!

Archery or shooting - there are options in town and not far out of town if you prefer outdoors (I do)

Old 01-01-2019, 06:18 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,518,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by who_knows_42 View Post
My wife and I have been married for 20+ years and I知 looking for something to spice up our date nights besides dinner and a movie. Are there any date night activities you could recommend? I知 thinking art, a baking or cooking class, candle making, dancing, pottery, etc.

Any recommendations or information for where to find this and cost would be appreciated.
Is this something I'll have to look forward to "spice up" our lives after 20+ years of marriage? Has life gotten boring after 20+ years?

Thanks for the head-up. It's only a bit passed 10+ for us. So far simple things like spray her with cold water after she gets out of shower is enough to "spice up" our lives.

Old 01-01-2019, 11:31 PM

24 posts, read 13,701 times
The Priceville Palace located off of AL. Hwy. 67 southeast of Decatur is a great place to go dancing. From I-65, go south on AL. Hwy. 67 and turn left onto Thompson Road. This is approximately 3 1/4 miles from I-65. Line dancing is very popular there but several couples dance regularly too. This is a family oriented place with no smoking or drinking. Making friends is pretty easy as well. We go quite often on Saturday nights. There is also a group that dances on most Friday nights that take lessons in Decatur and want to practice the dances that they have learned. They also have a live band and the cost is $5.00 per person. They are open from 7 pm to 10 pm. Directions to the dance class: From the river, go south on Hwy. 31 in Decatur to 14th Street SW and turn right (West). After crossing the bridge over the railroad tracks, turn left at the traffic light and go almost 1/4 mile. Turn right into the parking lot on the right side at the building that has the blue roof on the front. Look for the double doors on the south side of the building near the front. That is where we are. The room is a decent size but the number of people taking lessons ther make it cramped at times. Everyone does the same line dances at the same time so if you come, get in the middle. This way, you have someone on all four sides whom you can watch while learning, unless we are learning a new dance as well.

Old 01-02-2019, 02:05 PM

1,160 posts, read 1,106,987 times
Sling TV

Old 01-02-2019, 02:20 PM

2,662 posts, read 1,185,086 times
There's a place in Athens called "Yesterdays" that's been fun the couple of times we've been. It's a 'dinner theater', but the dinner is simple fare, like barbeque. They have a dance floor and live band that as I recall plays songs from the 60s and 70s. No alcohol allowed last time I was there.

Old 01-02-2019, 05:03 PM

22 posts, read 31,248 times
Great ideas, thank you!

Old 01-02-2019, 07:12 PM

8,647 posts, read 4,732,197 times
four wheelers, mud, and beer, bonfire, roasted squirrel
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or