U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2019, 01:45 PM

43 posts, read 27,981 times

Advertisements

I just relocated to Toney from NY 3 months ago. My boyfriend has lived here about 25 years and owns a home about 15 minutes away from the Toyota plant on Pulaski Highway. Prior to my move, I visited the area a lot and noticed over the last 4 years a lot has changed in the area with the population growth. Most recently I noticed next to the Toyota plant on Pulaski Pike, Aerojet Rocketdyne is moving to the building in construction.

Our plan is to have a new home built preferably in the Huntsville area in the next year or 2, but Iím wondering with all the growth taking place in Huntsville is it safe to expect a lot of overflow growth in Toney along with a lot of new home construction: I ask because if itís going to benefit us to hold onto our home longer or to hold onto our home and rent it out then by all means Iím willing to do so. I donít know if itís my NY state of mind where they build on any & every empty plot of land, but Iím thinking all of that empty land on Pulaski after Aerojet-Rocketdyne that is not farmland will potentially be homes or businesses in the next 5 years. Is it plausible to assume this could potentially happen or is my imagination getting the best of me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2019, 02:44 PM

1,153 posts, read 1,101,069 times
Don’t forget the huge Facebook plant also under construction in that area.
The answer to your question is yes

Old 01-12-2019, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU HSV View Post
Donít forget the huge Facebook plant also under construction in that area.
The answer to your question is yes

Thank you for responding. Where are the building the Facebook plant?

Old 01-12-2019, 03:34 PM

1,153 posts, read 1,101,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveXinfinity View Post
Thank you for responding. Where are the building the Facebook plant?
Near Aerojet that whole area is an industrial park

Old 01-12-2019, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU HSV View Post
Near Aerojet that whole area is an industrial park

Ok, it must be down that road right before the Aerojet building.

Old 01-12-2019, 07:25 PM

367 posts, read 151,325 times
In a fast growing area, older homes will have to compete against new homes with the latest features i.e. smart home, open plan etc.

Good luck with your plans

Old 01-12-2019, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireStation46 View Post
In a fast growing area, older homes will have to compete against new homes with the latest features i.e. smart home, open plan etc.

Good luck with your plans
Thank you!!!! Initially when I moved here I disliked living in Toney because itís so far away from everything. When I lived in NY, everything was 15-20 minutes away so when I moved here I was like . 3 months in and I like the comfort of Toney, but it would be nice to see a lot more here.

My boyfriendís home is a great starter home for a young family and it sits on 2 acres- itís wide & deep. At this point knowing what could potentially happen changes our timeline and opens up a lot of possibilities, Weíve talked about keeping the house as a rental property and Iíve thought about adding an addition since thereís a lot of land to expand, still have a lot of yard and the plus is less yard to maintain.

Old 01-13-2019, 04:12 AM

476 posts, read 763,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveXinfinity View Post
I just relocated to Toney from NY 3 months ago. My boyfriend has lived here about 25 years and owns a home about 15 minutes away from the Toyota plant on Pulaski Highway. Prior to my move, I visited the area a lot and noticed over the last 4 years a lot has changed in the area with the population growth. Most recently I noticed next to the Toyota plant on Pulaski Pike, Aerojet Rocketdyne is moving to the building in construction.

Our plan is to have a new home built preferably in the Huntsville area in the next year or 2, but I’m wondering with all the growth taking place in Huntsville is it safe to expect a lot of overflow growth in Toney along with a lot of new home construction: I ask because if it’s going to benefit us to hold onto our home longer or to hold onto our home and rent it out then by all means I’m willing to do so. I don’t know if it’s my NY state of mind where they build on any & every empty plot of land, but I’m thinking all of that empty land on Pulaski after Aerojet-Rocketdyne that is not farmland will potentially be homes or businesses in the next 5 years. Is it plausible to assume this could potentially happen or is my imagination getting the best of me?
When they complete the Northern Bypass I think the Toney/Meridianville area will start to grow at a faster pace, but it will take much longer than 5 years before the area is inundated with neighborhoods. They were supposed to start the bypass in 2017. I have seen some progress lately. Looks like some of the homes along Bob Wade have finally been vacated and the Tax assessors site shows much of the property along Bob Wade is now owned by the city. But there are some hold outs. So it's anyone's guess as to how long before they really get started. I'm guessing it will not be completed before 2025. I have the google earth overlay file for the bypass construction. If you would like to have it, just PM me with an email address and I'll send it to you.

It's a seller's market right now. Inventory is at an all time low, which means home prices are up. Downside to that is new home prices are also up. I just purchased my second rental property in Meridianville and it was a struggle to find a decent home, much less at an affordable price. I started looking in early summer '18 and by fall, homes that were in the 130's were now in the 150's. If you could have built a new home 5 years ago and sold your current home now, you'd have the best of both worlds. You mentioned that your current home sits on 2 acres. That's a lot of land for a rental property. You might be better off splitting the property and selling half (or build on it) and then renting the older house. Renters typically can't be depended on to maintain large yards.

Good luck with whatever path you choose!!

Old 01-13-2019, 06:17 PM

51 posts, read 37,180 times
I believe most of northern Madison County will see growth. When you look at a map you can see the roads are lined up to basically be an expansion of Huntsville(or the Huntsville Area). North Huntsville is one of the closer parts of Huntsville to the Toney area, but with all the new comers coming in the city would do something like gentrify that area, but that's not going to happen. It would be a much quicker and easier solution to just expand growth into the county.

Old 01-14-2019, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmaster View Post
When they complete the Northern Bypass I think the Toney/Meridianville area will start to grow at a faster pace, but it will take much longer than 5 years before the area is inundated with neighborhoods. They were supposed to start the bypass in 2017. I have seen some progress lately. Looks like some of the homes along Bob Wade have finally been vacated and the Tax assessors site shows much of the property along Bob Wade is now owned by the city. But there are some hold outs. So it's anyone's guess as to how long before they really get started. I'm guessing it will not be completed before 2025. I have the google earth overlay file for the bypass construction
Now that I think about it this must be the reason they closed the Starbucks at the Mastin Lake Rd/Memorial Parkway intersection. I had read somewhere on Yelp recently by a poster that it was closed because of the bypass construction that is going to be done in that area and it was moved to the new shopping center over on Winchester. I’m all for upgrading the roads because I work on Memorial Parkway by Freedom Powersports and my commute is a bit more than I expected due to the traffic, slow drivers and car accidents. There’s always traffic congestion near Parkway mall and the Governers Rd exit. At the Governor Rd exit there always a car accident and right after the exit people struggle with the 2 lanes break out to 5 or 6.

Last edited by LoveXinfinity; 01-14-2019 at 01:43 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area