Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2020, 06:33 AM

50 posts, read 52,570 times

Advertisements

Is anyone familiar with the Novare Madison Mixed Use Project? There's a proposal before the Madison City planning commission to subdivide the lot where the driving range sits just south of 565 to create a lot for the project.

Novare seems to do a lot of mixed use projects in the southeast, but I can't find specifics for this Madison project.

Here a summary of the plan to subdivide the lot: http://www.madisonal.gov/DocumentCen...---CP---Novare
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2020, 07:45 AM

156 posts, read 177,037 times
A little more information here from Madison's March Planning meeting.

https://www.madisonal.gov/DocumentCe...me-Quarry-Road

Old 11-18-2020, 01:56 PM

12,981 posts, read 9,501,161 times
At first glance I thought the Madison Golf Center was going to be sold. Thankfully, it's the land just to the west of it.

Seems I've heard about another apartment complex going just south of the Golf Center, where all the dirt is currently being dug up. It could be the same as the Novare development though.

Old 11-19-2020, 07:24 AM

764 posts, read 1,109,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
At first glance I thought the Madison Golf Center was going to be sold. Thankfully, it's the land just to the west of it.

Seems I've heard about another apartment complex going just south of the Golf Center, where all the dirt is currently being dug up. It could be the same as the Novare development though.
The land south of the Madison Golf Center will be 12 sports fields. There will be regional tournaments played there and the visitors to the tournaments will support the numerous hotels being built in Town Madison. Part of the fields will be in the City of Madison, but I think that most are south of the city limit line and will actually be in the City of Huntsville.

Old 11-19-2020, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David1502 View Post
The land south of the Madison Golf Center will be 12 sports fields. There will be regional tournaments played there and the visitors to the tournaments will support the numerous hotels being built in Town Madison. Part of the fields will be in the City of Madison, but I think that most are south of the city limit line and will actually be in the City of Huntsville.
OK, sounds good. I thought the fields were farther west, beyond the Intergraph building across from the 4 or so hotels that have been built or are under construction.

Old 11-19-2020, 04:06 PM

375 posts, read 513,866 times
Here are aerial views showing the Commons and Pro Player Park. The detailed photo showing the lake is actually contained in the blue shaded area of the second aerial image under the name "Multi-Family". The ballparks as shown are further south of all of those townhomes and homes, and directly south of the Madison Golf Center building.
Attached Thumbnails
Novare Madison Mixed Use Project-commons.jpeg   Novare Madison Mixed Use Project-hbjtownmadisonaerial-master-plan-705x400.jpg  

Old 11-19-2020, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Grumpy View Post
Here are aerial views showing the Commons and Pro Player Park. The detailed photo showing the lake is actually contained in the blue shaded area of the second aerial image under the name "Multi-Family". The ballparks as shown are further south of all of those townhomes and homes, and directly south of the Madison Golf Center building.
The lake must be what they're building now. For some time the soil has been moved around, but today (went to the golf center to get a club regripped) there was an excavator at the site digging a pretty deep hole.

Assuming everything on those views comes together, the Novare project will take up just about all the remaining land.

Old 11-19-2020, 07:16 PM

375 posts, read 513,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
The lake must be what they're building now. For some time the soil has been moved around, but today (went to the golf center to get a club regripped) there was an excavator at the site digging a pretty deep hole.

Assuming everything on those views comes together, the Novare project will take up just about all the remaining land.
The only area left open and undeveloped will be the rock quarry, though it is likely to be a park of some sort.

Old 11-19-2020, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Grumpy View Post
The only area left open and undeveloped will be the rock quarry, though it is likely to be a park of some sort.
If you look at the Channel 48 radar, and zoom in pretty tight, you can see that their aerial view badly needs updating. The entire Town Madison site has trees (but zooming in even more shows bare earth, with some names but no structure), no stadium, and still shows the west airport runway to be shorter than the east one until you zoom in pretty closely. They use Mapbox for their aerial views - not sure if there's a newer version available.

Old 01-11-2021, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josephnon View Post
friends at work have been hoping for. The niche of up to date info on this web page is excellent and needed and is going to help my wife and I in our studies all throughout the week. It seems like all of the members here has a lot of specifics about interesting topics and the other hyper links and types of info like wise show it. I'm not usually on the internet during the week although when I get a break I am usually researching for this kind of information and stuff closely related to it. When you get a chance, check out at my site. <span style=color:#000000>best realtor near in Fountain Hills Arizona</span>.
You said you were studying machining on another thread. Which is it? I'd say you're into spam and advertising more than anything else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
View detailed profiles of: