Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 04:24 PM

7 posts, read 17,535 times

Advertisements

We may be moving to the area within the last month of pregnancy. My wife's OB/GYN treats her like she is a family member. He is always bright and energetic and remembers all our past conversations and visits. She is very concerned with finding another Doctor that would treat her as warmly. I want her to have a Doctor who will give me a firm handshake and look me in the eye when I'm there. Thank you for the previous suggestions in the preceding part of this thread. Do those doctors give you the same impression as I mentioned above? Do you know of any who do? Do you know any nurses? Who do they recommend? We also would like to find a pediatrician who has the same characteristics.

We are also looking for a great hospital to deliver at. Do any area hospitals specialize in delivery? Do they have a birthing suite?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2008, 07:38 PM

889 posts, read 2,397,628 times
My wife is 15 weeks pregnant and her OB/GYN is Dr. Sharon Callison whose office is right next to HH and she does deliveries there. My wife loves Dr. Callison and really appreciates having a female OB/GYN.

Old 08-24-2008, 07:46 PM

2,126 posts, read 6,801,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfpieratt View Post
We are also looking for a great hospital to deliver at. Do any area hospitals specialize in delivery? Do they have a birthing suite?
Your options in Huntsville are Huntsville Hospital or Crestwood. I don't know much about Crestwood other than everyone I know (and I know a lot of people who've had babies recently) prefers Huntsville Hospital. HH has a entire branch devoted to the Women's and Children's Hospital. They also offer birthing, breastfeeding and parenting classes. Our experience at HH was great. The nurses, staff, doctors were all wonderful during the birth of our baby. The labor and delivery rooms are very large and comfortable with a good sized private bathroom. I'm not sure what a birthing "suite" means, but it was the size of a very large master bedroom in a newly constructed home if that means anything. The recovery rooms are much smaller and not as nice, although still private.

Old 08-27-2008, 07:56 PM

3 posts, read 10,594 times
I am also moving to the area soon and I am 10 weeks pregnant. I am looking specifically for a Christian, Pro-Life doctor. I too do not wish to be shuffled between several doctors. Can any suggest a good doctor to fit my desires?
Thanks.

Old 08-27-2008, 09:06 PM

2,047 posts, read 4,618,588 times
John Cimino at Advanced OB-GYN. I absolutely adore that man. Let me put it this way, I've recently moved to Atlanta and I will travel three hours to keep appointments with him.

He is the most compassionate, understanding doctor I've ever met. He listens, really LISTENS to you. He knows that we often understand our body better than any doctor and he respects that. The man is amazing!

Old 08-29-2008, 08:51 AM

39 posts, read 111,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deesonic View Post
My wife is 15 weeks pregnant and her OB/GYN is Dr. Sharon Callison whose office is right next to HH and she does deliveries there. My wife loves Dr. Callison and really appreciates having a female OB/GYN.
I, too, moved from Nashville and did quite a bit of research on finding an OBGYN here as I got pregnant literally the same month we moved. Note I wanted a female. She shakes your hand and looks you in the eye. She put her hand on my knee and handed me a tissue when I cried at my last visit. When I had problems conceiving and showed her my iffy HPT she saw it and said "YIPPEE!" when it was positive. Anyway, her wait time can be long but is inconsistent. (par for the course) I had a scheduled csection both times (totally my choice-10 lb babies) so can't say much about delivery. good luck!

ps: start looking for a ped. early; some only take infants or aren't taking any new patients

Old 09-25-2008, 09:31 PM

10 posts, read 24,844 times
I've lived in Madison for 3 years now. I did a complete background check on several doctors before selecting Dr. Cimino. He is very conservative and volunteers for N Alabama right to life. I plan to have this 2nd baby completely naturally and he is extremely supportive of that.

Dr. Callison has a higher c-section rate, which is a good thing if you prefer to have abdominal surgery or require it for health reasons.

Also, after touring both hospitals, I plan to deliver at Crestwood (I'm 20 weeks). It's must less of a rush factory and they don't have as many time limits on laboring patients.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area