Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 05:25 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,729,143 times

Advertisements

We are still having a hard time finding a pediatrician taking new patients. Anyone know of any for us as we're coming from the southeast side of Huntsville?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2009, 06:39 PM

1,618 posts, read 4,787,438 times
Did you try Fields Pediatrics?

Old 04-20-2009, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenjenn View Post
Did you try Fields Pediatrics?

Michele did and they were full.

Old 04-20-2009, 07:49 PM

369 posts, read 1,145,914 times
UAB Health Center is good. We go to Dr. Maria Salazar. They were taking new patients as of last summer.

Old 04-21-2009, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm42 View Post
Dr. Maria Salazar
Not taking new patients.

Old 04-21-2009, 11:16 AM

1,351 posts, read 3,423,536 times
Have you tried Pediatric Associates in the Medical Mall (Governors&Pkway). They have 6 peds on staff. They had my kids since birth. I initially asked for Cochran, I was passed around and ended up with someone else.
Overall, they are ok, my mantra is "any doctor is ok as long as you don't need them". Needless to say in the end I make the decision whether I follow dr's advice or not (for simple colds, easy stuff like that)-a few times I was given medicine I never filled, I took the wait-n-see approach instead. But we do a have a ped "just in case" (and the mandatory annual checkup), otherwise I try as much possible to stay out of their business.

They took my kids right away, but again they were newborn new patients.

Old 04-21-2009, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by friday13 View Post
Have you tried Pediatric Associates in the Medical Mall (Governors&Pkway). They have 6 peds on staff. They had my kids since birth. I initially asked for Cochran, I was passed around and ended up with someone else.
Overall, they are ok, my mantra is "any doctor is ok as long as you don't need them". Needless to say in the end I make the decision whether I follow dr's advice or not (for simple colds, easy stuff like that)-a few times I was given medicine I never filled, I took the wait-n-see approach instead. But we do a have a ped "just in case" (and the mandatory annual checkup), otherwise I try as much possible to stay out of their business.

They took my kids right away, but again they were newborn new patients.
My wife filled out their online form a while ago and they never responded, though the website says they will in 5-7 days.

I just filled it out again.

Old 04-21-2009, 12:07 PM

426 posts, read 1,272,214 times
I remember a big feature article in the Huntsville times maybe 1.5-2 years ago about the SEVERE shortage of pediatricians in the Huntsville area and the struggles that people have trying to get their children (who are not newborns) doctors. I think this is a huge problem for this area. Not only for people who relocate but also for people who may need to change pediatricians.

I just did a google search to try to find that story but couldn't locate it.

Old 04-21-2009, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsp4ever View Post
I remember a big feature article in the Huntsville times maybe 1.5-2 years ago about the SEVERE shortage of pediatricians in the Huntsville area and the struggles that people have trying to get their children (who are not newborns) doctors. I think this is a huge problem for this area. Not only for people who relocate but also for people who may need to change pediatricians.

I just did a google search to try to find that story but couldn't locate it.
I don't think this is it, but it is similar:

Base Realignment Brings Physician Issues to Light

Old 04-21-2009, 01:35 PM

1,351 posts, read 3,423,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
My wife filled out their online form a while ago and they never responded, though the website says they will in 5-7 days.

I just filled it out again.
I wouldn't trust my life with their office personnel, or rely on their online application feedback. A straightforward "no" on the phone would put your waiting to an end, and maybe more ("we only take newborns" or "call us again in 3 months" or "you're the 23rd on our waiting list" something along those lines).
If you need a referral, I'd be happy to DM you -although I do not see how or why is this referral system working--> if people call because they need you, you as a dr. take them in because that's your job
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area