Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 08:13 PM

12,733 posts, read 21,629,218 times

Advertisements

That's a college!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2010, 11:13 PM

26,338 posts, read 93,427,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M Bulldawg View Post
That's a college!

Which (HC or A&M) is more naturally (as decided by free will and free markets) homogeneous as opposed to institutionally homogeneous?

Old 04-22-2010, 11:57 PM

975 posts, read 2,662,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Yes, only residents of Hampton Cove.
Annual Fee, I forgot how much, maybe $500 or $600 or something like that.
Includes pool, fitness center, tennis, I forgot but those are the main things.
Pool open May through September.
New Fitness center is completed and is outstanding. All the machines have cable TV, all the equipment is new. Lots of windows. Clean.

Hampton Cove has a swim team, Hampton Cove Hurricanes and it is really cheap like $100 a year which includes workouts, coaching, meets, parties, t-shirt and swim bag.

That pool is nice!
I want one in my house.
But first i've got to get a house.

Old 04-23-2010, 12:16 AM

975 posts, read 2,662,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M Bulldawg View Post
Hampton Cove surely isn't diverse.
A&M Bulldawg you talk about how you want Huntsville to have more African Americans and brag about how A&M IS 95% black, but you get on Hampton Cove because it happens to be majority white. Shame on ya Bulldawg!

Old 04-23-2010, 07:24 AM

12,733 posts, read 21,629,218 times
No. I didn't say anything about HC being majority white. Besdies, y'all A&M is in this as if it's a city or suburb or something. I could see if y'all compared HC's diversity to North Huntsville. It's not like I said UA lacks diversity. If I said UA lacks diversity, then y'all could bring out A&M's lack of diversity.

Old 04-24-2010, 04:06 AM

692 posts, read 1,495,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelleyBennett View Post
Thanks everyone for all the great information. We are looking at a possible relocation from Delaware to Huntsville for my husband's job. We have 2 small children and school are high on our list for the near future.
I am interested in knowing more about the Hampton House. Only residents of Hamption Cove I see. Is it a yearly or monthly fee to join? Does anyone know how much? What does it include?
What is the timeframe for the pool being open. (I am originally from FL, but have lived in DE for the past 10 years and only see outdoor pools for 3 mo of the year!),

Is that fitness center completed? How did it turn out?
Thanks everyone for your help!!!
One more thing with Hampton House, not every house comes with a membership. If you buy a home without a membership, it is $3500 to join.

My understanding from our realtor(which could be wrong) is that every house came with a membership but if they didn't pay it for whatever reason, then you have to pay the joining fee all over again. So if you join or if it comes with your home, be sure to pay the dues annually-it will be important when you sell. Listings are oftened noted with "Hampton House membership conveys" if HH is included.

Old 04-24-2010, 05:39 AM

15 posts, read 25,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tammie2 View Post
One more thing with Hampton House, not every house comes with a membership. If you buy a home without a membership, it is $3500 to join.

My understanding from our realtor(which could be wrong) is that every house came with a membership but if they didn't pay it for whatever reason, then you have to pay the joining fee all over again. So if you join or if it comes with your home, be sure to pay the dues annually-it will be important when you sell. Listings are oftened noted with "Hampton House membership conveys" if HH is included.

Thank you Tammie2! Hadn't thought about that, but it makes sense. We were "granted" a membership to our clubhouse/pool when we built our current house. I will look into that when we look there next month.

Old 04-24-2010, 05:49 AM

692 posts, read 1,495,021 times
Keep in mind that HH and the HC HOA are separate. The house we bought is part of the HC HOA and we pay annual dues for the grounds, BUT we did not have a HH membership, we had to purchase that and then pay those dues. It sounds confusing, but it isn't really.

Old 06-23-2010, 10:54 PM

268 posts, read 631,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
HGTV's show "House Hunters" takes homebuyers behind the scenes as they look for a new home. This spring, the network will air an episode featuring a family moving from California to Huntsville.

Dr. Greg Barsh, a faculty member of Hudson-Alpha Institute for Biotechnology, and his wife, Dr. Carolyn Russo, purchased a house in Hampton Cove after looking at several houses in the Huntsville area.

"Originally, our first choice was in Jones Valley, but we decided on Hampton Cove."

We were surprised by how beautiful it is and pleased by how friendly everyone is."

"House Hunters" airs at 8 p.m. Central Time weeknights. Check listings for the exact date of the Huntsville episode.

from

'House Hunters' features a family moving from California to Hampton Cove - al.com
They are finally airing this episode on Sunday:

A Great Job Has a Couple Moving from California to Huntsville, Alabama : House Hunters : Home & Garden Television

Quote:
Tune In

• June 27, 2010
    9:00 PM e/p
  • June 27, 2010
    12:00 AM e/p

Old 06-27-2010, 11:04 PM

261 posts, read 735,555 times
Thanks for the reminder about the House Hunters episode in Huntsville. I was interested to see how the area would be presented and thought that the show gave a very favorable impression.

The couple toured some impressive homes. The husband reminded me of my dh who does not like anything remotely frou-frou or fussy. I was glad to see that they'd replaced the ornate light fixtures with simpler ones that suited their style, if that's what it took for Dr. Barsh to feel comfortable in their new home. I also appreciated Dr. Russo's concerns about having an efficient kitchen layout.

This was the first HH episode, that I can recall, in which neither the real estate agent nor the house hunters bugged me. Too often, either the agent shows properties that don't come close to meeting the buyers' wish list or the buyers are unreasonable in their expectations. (I know the show is staged, in that most of the time 2/3 of the houses were never up for consideration IRL, but I wish it wasn't usually so obvious that the buyers are already under contract on one.) The only time I winced at this episode was when the mom told the story about her son and the laundry shute. For his sake (& the sake of his future wife), I hope that anecdote was just a family joke and that all three kids are well aquainted with running a washer & dryer (as well as all other household appliances.)
Anyway, they seemed like such nice folks and I hope they've settled into their new neighborhood and are enjoying it.

One last thing - would someone please enlighten me about the school? I have no idea what school was shown with a comment about the distance from the youngest daughter's school to each house. Am I correct in guessing that's a private school? Otherwise, the family wouldn't know where she'd attend school until after they contracted on their new home, right? Or did the producers just mess up? Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area