Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 08:19 PM

433 posts, read 1,769,857 times

Advertisements

I have been seen commercials for Point Mallard water park and Southern Adventures and I am wondering if anyone has an opinion about either park. They look nice online and in the commercials but I would like first hand opinions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2008, 09:47 PM

2,221 posts, read 2,926,702 times
I have taken my kids to Point Mallard and it is a fun time. Looking to try and go again before school starts.

I have been to Southern Adventures but not to the water park side of it.

Old 07-29-2008, 10:13 AM

1,618 posts, read 4,789,744 times
We were just at Southern Adventures recently for my husband's company picnic. It's a fun place, but a little ramshackle. The "water park" consists of a wading pool, a 3 ft deep swimming pool, and one set of 4 waterslides that all end up in the same splash pool. I'm not sure I'd call that a "water park", but then, I'm spoiled coming from southern California where we have a ton of big waterparks. They also have mini golf, a couple little rides, and an arcade.

We thought it was a little pricey for what it is, but I guess when there's no better competition, why not. They charge separately for the waterpark, rides, and mini golf. If you wanted to do everything it's like $30 per person - for that price in California I got into Knott's Berry Farm with a coupon - which is a full-blown theme park. Fortunately we did Southern Adventures on the company's dime. My kids played in the pools for an hour, my husband rode down one waterslide, we had dinner, and we all rode the go-karts. Frankly that was enough for us.

I could see having a blast there as a teenager, but I wasn't sold on it for young kids/family fun. I'd go back there with my family and pay for mini golf and pizza, but I wouldn't pay for the rides and waterpark (though, the go-karts were fun.)

Old 07-29-2008, 10:20 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
Alabama Adventure in Birmingham (Is that what you mean, ZennJenn?), also has a cool wave pool. It's not bad. We bought a family membership, which gets us into the theme park too.

Old 07-29-2008, 10:31 AM

1,618 posts, read 4,789,744 times
Never heard of Alabama Adventure. I was talking about Southern Adventures is in Huntsville, on Leeman Ferry.

Southern Adventures

Old 07-29-2008, 02:06 PM

142 posts, read 675,389 times
Default Southern vs Alabama .... & Cascading Falls mini-golf

http://www.southernadventures.net

http://www.alabamaadventure.com

Southern Adventures in Huntsville on Leeman Ferry Rd and Alabama Adventure outside Birmingham are 2 separate parks\locations.

If you're in Huntsville and want to play mini-golf, go to Cascading Falls. Co-located with Insanity Skate park at corner of Hughes Rd and Mill Rd. in Madison. Very nice courses.

http://www.insanityskate.com/park/golf.htm

Old 07-29-2008, 11:06 PM

6,048 posts, read 18,423,643 times
Here's Point Mallard's Web site: Point Mallard Park - Family Recreational Fun Land, Decatur, Alabama

Old 07-30-2008, 09:02 AM

379 posts, read 849,300 times
Default River Country at Point Mallard

What is the status of this plan? I think it would be great for the area.

River Country (broken link)

Old 07-30-2008, 04:13 PM

14 posts, read 43,129 times
Point Mallard Park is very nice

I've been to Spring Valley Beach, which is in Blount County.Here is a link - cool place.

Click on <b>Internet Links</b> to see our commercial.<br><br>Visit Spring Valley Beach<br>Recipient of the Small Business Award of Blount County<br>From the Blount County-Oneonta Chamber of Commerce<br><br>

Old 07-30-2008, 08:33 PM

6,048 posts, read 18,423,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkratze1 View Post
What is the status of this plan? I think it would be great for the area.

River Country
Dead in the water, so to speak. Our wonderful city fathers dithered around and wouldn't make a decision. The developer, a Decatur native, finally gave up and recently moved to Atlanta.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area