U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 08:02 AM

1,155 posts, read 2,399,228 times

Advertisements

Anybody have any ideas and opinions of the development of McMullen Cove? In the Hampton Cove area but a little further out. Is it in Huntsville city limits or Gurley? And can anybody tell me about traffic in the rush hours into research Park area? Either down 72 or the over the mountain. What about taxes? Any opinions would be great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2008, 08:43 AM

1,598 posts, read 4,137,737 times
It's really pretty, really high-end. There's no traffic beyond what Hampton Cove residents will experience driving to CRP (which is minimal traffic), but it's kind of way out there. Not sure if it's in the city limits but it is served by the city schools.

I wouldn't want to live way out there, but it is gorgeous and I think you get a better price there for a higher end home than you do in Hampton Cove.

Old 10-20-2008, 12:23 PM

117 posts, read 404,677 times
We were there yesterday . They are in Gurley, but are in Huntsville City limits. Students will go to Hampton Cove schools.They have sold only 15 houses in the section with the Guard gate and none in the second phase....they might have sold one house. They are beautiful homes, that are high end. The craftmanship is awesome. The smallest house we went into that was 2200square feet was $499,999. Others are quite large and can run into the millions! Probably in 10 years this year will be gorgeous if you are willing to wait.

Old 02-06-2010, 04:10 PM

40 posts, read 73,257 times
FWIW. I recently signed a contract in MC and should start breaking ground in March. After looking ALL over Huntsville and Madison, I finally decided to build there as it contained most of what I was looking for.

Currently, deals can be found on some of their lots (as well as many other locations in town) and that helped on my decision to build there.

PM me for any specific questions.

Old 02-07-2010, 10:52 AM

rmepilot! You will be my neighbor! Welcome. We have been here a little over a year and love it! The road (Little Cove) widening is a little maddening but it will be over soon!

Old 02-07-2010, 10:57 AM

26,346 posts, read 83,036,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mawoods View Post
rmepilot! You will be my neighbor! Welcome. We have been here a little over a year and love it! The road (Little Cove) widening is a little maddening but it will be over soon!
I just drove through there about 20 minutes ago. It says "Road Closed" but there are people driving it; it's a little muddy.

Old 02-07-2010, 07:49 PM

40 posts, read 73,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mawoods View Post
Glad to hear it, we're really looking forward to living there.

Old 12-28-2010, 08:31 PM

69 posts, read 122,416 times
Just drove through there today, looking for a house for my mother, in the second part.......they are still building, very nice area.

Example home:

3 Abby Glen Way, Gurley AL 35748 Home For Sale MLS# 286439

Kitchen/Front entrance for this home is rocking: http://www.mcmullencove.net/openreal...hp?listingID=7

Last edited by the_huntsville; 12-28-2010 at 08:42 PM..

Old 01-01-2011, 06:24 PM

360 posts, read 517,459 times
I love McMullen Cove. I wonder about possible flooding. Is the McM Cove area out of a flood zone?

Old 01-02-2011, 10:32 AM

Default McMullen Cove flooding

Quote:
Originally Posted by denofhc View Post
I love McMullen Cove. I wonder about possible flooding. Is the McM Cove area out of a flood zone?

I have lived here for a little over 2 years and have seen some very bad rains, etc. So far, no flooding. Little Cove Road at the river sometimes floods and overspills but that doesn't happen in the neighborhood. We are not in a flood zone but nevertheless, we still have flood insurance for those possibilities like Nashville and Atlanta when the huge amount of rain put such a burden on the sewer, etc systems that it flooded, even those areas that were not in flood zones or anywhere near a creek/river.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area