U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 07:56 PM

55 posts, read 130,151 times
Default Where do young people go?

My daughter is home from college and turning 21 next weekend. Where do people her age go--she want's to go out with her boyfriend and sister and have her first legal drink.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2009, 08:04 PM

26,362 posts, read 53,458,962 times
I've only lived in Huntsville for about eight months. Still, I've explored, researched, read, and really attended to the Huntsville City Data forum. I sort of have a feel for some of Huntsville. (It is pretty small, so it isn't that hard.) With that, out of all the things a person could ask, I don't even have the foggiest idea where single people in their 20s hang out around this town. No feel whatsoever.

I don't drink and I have four small kids so bars and clubs aren't things I get radar tracks on.

I've heard of the Nook and a couple bars downtown. I've heard of many restaurants with bars.

I'm curious myself.

Old 05-24-2009, 01:11 AM

806 posts, read 1,379,968 times
The Nook is the best beer bar in town if she might like a good beer. No Bud, Miller, or Coors to be had though. Only the fancy pants stuff and NON-SMOKING!

Old 05-24-2009, 07:36 AM

26,362 posts, read 53,458,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deesonic View Post
The Nook is the best beer bar in town if she might like a good beer. No Bud, Miller, or Coors to be had though. Only the fancy pants stuff and NON-SMOKING!
What would you say the average age is at the Nook at 9PM on a Saturday night?

Old 05-24-2009, 07:42 AM

4,994 posts, read 10,473,278 times
Bridge Street restaurants. Downtown restaurants Movie theatres. Gatherings at apartments and homes.
As far as I know.
I'm a grandmother, but my kids are in their 20s...I know very little (but according to the kids, I'm learning more every day.)

Old 05-24-2009, 09:49 AM

190 posts, read 237,826 times
Well it's more of a stretch these days to count myself amongst the "young people", especially "21" young LOL...

but as for some places where the young professional age crowd goes- There's Humphreys, Mason's, and the Coffee Klatch downtown.
My impression is that the younger crowd goes to places at Bridge Street, like Dolce and Monacco but don't ask me where I get that from.

Old 05-24-2009, 09:59 AM

567 posts, read 1,155,797 times
Monaco, and the other restaurants in BridgeStreet. Bars, Mason's and Humphreys. Clubs Sammy's T's the horse and they are opening a new one downtown where Jazz factory used to be. Crossroads downtown also has live bands and you can get drinks there too.

Old 05-24-2009, 04:35 PM

55 posts, read 130,151 times
Thanks everyone. This at least gives her a start. Her dad and I are so not cool. I'd love to hear from some college students too though.

Old 05-24-2009, 05:51 PM

3 posts, read 8,542 times
Smile UAH student

There isn't much out there for us. But of what there is depends on the music-depends what she likes.

Clubs

Hip-hop/Rap/ current music
Sammy T's- fridays
Horse- Saturdays
Focus- Fridays (I've heard about focus but haven't been there yet)
CrossRoads- Wednesdays
Oasis- (Regee) mostly African and African Americans) Saturday 2am-5am

Country/Folk/Oldies/Rock
Cross Roads - THurs/fri/Sat
Humphrys /Theres live entertainment downtown outside

Pool Hall/Bars
Bumpers on university
Shooters
Olivias (Karaoke sun-thurs)
KoffeeKlutch
Bridge Street is picking up
Turtle
Buffalo Wild Wings (restaurant/bar)

Check the paper... the local event one.. I cant remember the name but its the one that does the best restaurants in Huntsville. It has a listing of what clubs have what going on for everyday of the month. grr. sorry cant remember the name. Good luck hope she has fun.

Old 05-26-2009, 11:08 AM

286 posts, read 692,749 times
She should go to Bham, Atlanta, or Nashville. I went to Bham when I turned 21 eight years ago. She would probably like to go clubbing versus going to a bar in a restaurant for some REAL drinks. If she's in college, she's more than likely had a taste of beer already.

Get that girl some shots of patron!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area